Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

'Heart' was/is SO good!

Music forum.
Hornets

'Heart' was/is SO good!

Post by Hornets »

Thinkin of the 80's today and how awesome these gals were.....think they weren't?

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Beef Supreme

Re: 'Heart' was/is SO good!

Post by Beef Supreme »

Very talented ladies that had a good career. Nancy Wilson could shred. Ann could really sing. Nothing fake about these two.

A notch or two below the greats (Floyd, Stones, The Who, Zep, etc.) in terms of innovation and influential impact, but they had/have talent.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:38 pm Very talented ladies that had a good career. Nancy Wilson could shred. Ann could really sing. Nothing fake about these two.

A notch or two below the greats (Floyd, Stones, The Who, Zep, etc.) in terms of innovation and influential impact, but they had/have talent.
Very well stated!
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by cmd24 »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:38 pm Very talented ladies that had a good career. Nancy Wilson could shred. Ann could really sing. Nothing fake about these two.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Doesn't hurt that Nancy was/is a fox! And she helped write the music for one of the greatest music movies of all time...Almost Famous.
Last edited by cmd24 on Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

They're pretty neat.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

Say what you want about "Stairway", but this is pretty freaking powerful. Ann kills it. Jason is fabulous. The look on Robert Plant's face gives me goosebumps, and you can tell that Page absolutely enjoys it.

Hornets

Post by Hornets »

cmd24 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:12 am Say what you want about "Stairway", but this is pretty freaking powerful. Ann kills it. Jason is fabulous. The look on Robert Plant's face gives me goosebumps, and you can tell that Page absolutely enjoys it.

Yeah....SO good! Barack and Michelle were diggin it to!!
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

my buddy was asked to join the band playing guitar behind nancy. after 3 rehearsals he had a stroke and discovered he had a rare heart issue and that touring might not be a good idea.
Lenny5160

Post by Lenny5160 »

Hornets wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:54 pm Thinkin of the 80's today and how awesome these gals were.....think they weren't?

I've always loved that song. I just happened across this video on TV about a year ago. About killed me! The 80s, man.
butterscotch streetlamps mark my path
shatminster fuller

Post by shatminster fuller »

That Barracuda riff is timeless.
Salut les Terriens!
La culture domine tout, elle est la condition sine qua non de notre civilisation…
Joe Bag 'O Donuts

Post by Joe Bag 'O Donuts »

cmd24 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:12 am Say what you want about "Stairway", but this is pretty freaking powerful. Ann kills it. Jason is fabulous. The look on Robert Plant's face gives me goosebumps, and you can tell that Page absolutely enjoys it.

Wow, that was fucking amazing. I don't think I've ever seen a live cover that good. Totally killed it.
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

Blandon

Post by Blandon »

shatminster fuller wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:48 pm That Barracuda riff is timeless.
Great song
FLYING_FINN'SSIDEKICK

Post by FLYING_FINN'SSIDEKICK »

cmd24 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:50 am

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Doesn't hurt that Nancy was/is a fox! And she helped write the music for one of the greatest music movies of all time...Almost Famous.
I didn't know that , I'm sure I might have at some point but that raise's their cool status in my mind cause that is a classic movie for sure!!! :D
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

Dreamboat Annie is one of my top-five all-time records. Every song is good.

Ann is losing her voice pretty badly. I heard her live recently and her voice cracked really badly on those high notes. Fucking rough. She did a rad version of her friend Chris Cornell's Audioslave tune, though:

Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
DonaldDouchebag

cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:48 am Dreamboat Annie is one of my top-five all-time records. Every song is good.

Ann is losing her voice pretty badly. I heard her live recently and her voice cracked really badly on those high notes. Fucking rough. She did a rad version of her friend Chris Cornell's Audioslave tune, though:

I'm not going to be able to finish that, cuz that song gives me the feels, as it is. It's the first song that came on after I said goodbye to a buddy that passed away last November after a long fight with cancer. That song just kind of fit him. That said, I liked the short bit I heard at the beginning. Ann would easily grace the Mt Rushmore of gals in rock. Such an awesome voice.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Groovin to some 'Heart' tonight!
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

How can you hate on someone who's been giving their all for their whole career like Annie? We all lose it at some point but don't shit on an icon. I'll take her chops at 1/4 of what you could throw out of your mouth, now STFU!
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

"Ring Them Bells" is worth a listen. It's a Bob Dylan song covered by Heart and Layne Staley.
cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

Qman65 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:50 am How can you hate on someone who's been giving their all for their whole career like Annie? We all lose it at some point but don't shit on an icon. I'll take her chops at 1/4 of what you could throw out of your mouth, now STFU!
Trying to keep up to your quota of being mad a certain number of days? No one is hating on Heart in this entire thread.
DonaldDouchebag

Qman65 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:50 am How can you hate on someone who's been giving their all for their whole career like Annie? We all lose it at some point but don't shit on an icon. I'll take her chops at 1/4 of what you could throw out of your mouth, now STFU!
Who's shitting on her?

Weird spaz, bud.
DonaldDouchebag

Jimi_Thing wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:22 pm "Ring Them Bells" is worth a listen. It's a Bob Dylan song covered by Heart and Layne Staley.

Ooo. Really nice.

Cornell was supposed to sing this but couldn't due to a scheduling conflict according to a youtube commenter.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Had a crush on Nancy in high school. Saw them in Bismarck in 78’ I believe. Henry Gross opened up. Saw them again out in Montana in the 80’s when I was out there on the railroad. Those gals could rock
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »