Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Amazing song that you can't listen to because the radio overplayed it.

Music forum.
cunningham

Amazing song that you can't listen to because the radio overplayed it.

Post by cunningham »

For me "Hotel California" is one that I loved until it played too many times on the radio. Now I have to skip it. "American Pie" is another one that is a great tune, but was ruined by being overplayed on KQ.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Plus, Glen Frey was a dick to Felder in the Eagles doc I just watched. Total DB.
Mirabelle

Re: Amazing song that you can't listen to because the radio overplayed it.

Post by Mirabelle »

Bohemian Rhapsody and any oldie that has been used in a commercial, just ruins the song for me.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Mirabelle wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:07 pm Bohemian Rhapsody and any oldie that has been used in a commercial, just ruins the song for me.
Agreed. Although, I have watched a live version recently and it was good. Wayne's World made that song have a huge comeback for me. I've always loved Queen - especially Flash Gordon! Lately I've been listening to some deeper tracks by the band, but after the movie came out Queen has become liked by everyone. So many great tunes! But yeah, that song has been played too much on KQ. I remember when Kid Johnny Lang had his hit in the mid-1990s and KQ played that song every hour. And then "Rocket Man."
Mirabelle

Post by Mirabelle »

cunningham wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:12 pm
Mirabelle wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:07 pm Bohemian Rhapsody and any oldie that has been used in a commercial, just ruins the song for me.
Agreed. Although, I have watched a live version recently and it was good. Wayne's World made that song have a huge comeback for me. I've always loved Queen - especially Flash Gordon! Lately I've been listening to some deeper tracks by the band, but after the movie came out Queen has become liked by everyone. So many great tunes! But yeah, that song has been played too much on KQ. I remember when Kid Johnny Lang had his hit in the mid-1990s and KQ played that song every hour. And then "Rocket Man."
Yes, Queen can do no wrong for me, but radio definitely has a way of playing too much of a good thing.

Agree with Rocket Man. I’m sure I’ll think of more later. God when I heard I think it was Let’s Go Crazy in a capital one commercial earlier this year, it’s like I could hear Prince rolling over in his grave.
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

I used to listen to KQRS. Sadly, their bromance with Lynard Skynard really killed my ability to listen to the majority of their music. I say that is a shame because their catalog is pretty impressive. For me, they are the poster child of the original post.

Down to one song, i would go with Freebird....
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

No amazing how about just overplayed? :roll:
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

My Michelle by GNR. I hate that fucking song even though it has a good groove to it.
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Qman65 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 1:42 am My Michelle by GNR. I hate that fucking song even though it has a good groove to it.
I don't know if I have ever heard that one on the radio. Most of GNR's hits I can't listen to because of MTV growing up. Tons of songs from my high school years are not even nostalgic for me because of how overplayed they were. In about 1997 I turned to 1960s music and The Doors in particular. No more rap after that. Spent the next 3 years fully immersed in The Doors, Stones, Hendrix, Joplin, Beatles, Airplane, Redding, etc. Love that era. Wish the classic rock stations would play more of that stuff! Even the 1950s stuff would be better than listening to the 1980s again. The 1990s were great, but it is interesting that most of the popular songs you never hear anymore. MTV kind of ruined good music.

One song I hate is "Give Me One Reason" by Tracy Chapman. Loved a Denis Leary portion where he was complaining about Bon Jovi and how none of the good artists die in plane crashes. He joked you could give Montley Crew a barrel of drugs and they wouldn't overdose - they'd go out and make a double-live album. :lol:

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Qman65 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 1:42 am My Michelle by GNR. I hate that fucking song even though it has a good groove to it.
What radio station is playing My Michelle? :lol:

My GnR turn the station is Live and Let Die, November Rain, Welcome to the Jungle and Paradise City.

Locomotive is a never turn the dial song but I doubt it's been played on the radio.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Most of Led Zeppelin IV, most Queen songs as they only play the garbage ones. Do they really need to play We Will Rock You on the radio?

Do the people who "call in" really exist or are they people that work at the station and just fake a call in for We Will Rock You? "Hey, this is Chuck from Lakeville, could you play Back in Black as I haven't heard it for about 37 minutes." "Sure Chuck, here's Back in Black for you, only on KQ."
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Shiny Happy People

haha j/k. I like R.E.M. but that song blows goats.