Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Record Store Day

Music forum.
Bull

Record Store Day

Post by Bull »

Where’s the best place to go in Minneapolis. I’m going to be there over RSD and there are a few on the list I’d like to grab.
mlhouse wrote: Rudy Guiliani is an American hero.
mlhouse wrote: I am a bleeding heart liberal.
mlhouse wrote: Donald Trump was teh most successful one term President in the history of the United States.
Jimi_Thing

Re: Record Store Day

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Bull wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:54 pm Where’s the best place to go in Minneapolis. I’m going to be there over RSD and there are a few on the list I’d like to grab.
I haven't gone to Minneapolis since I discovered Mill City Sound in Hopkins. That place is awesome.

Went there on Monday and picked up Pink Floyd The Wall in the 'new arrival used section' and also picked up the new Alice in Chains album in the new vinyl section.
Douglas Bubbletrousers
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2018, June 2019***

Post by Douglas Bubbletrousers »

All I ever hear about is the Electric Fetus place. There's a place in Mankato called Toon Town that also gets top reviews.
I don't give a fig for the simplicity on this side of complexity, but I would die for the simplicity on the other side of complexity.
Bull

Post by Bull »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:04 pm
Bull wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:54 pm Where’s the best place to go in Minneapolis. I’m going to be there over RSD and there are a few on the list I’d like to grab.
I haven't gone to Minneapolis since I discovered Mill City Sound in Hopkins. That place is awesome.

Went there on Monday and picked up Pink Floyd The Wall in the 'new arrival used section' and also picked up the new Alice in Chains album in the new vinyl section.
Nice. I’m willing to go anywhere in the metro area. Doesn’t have to be Minneapolis. Than’s For the tip.
mlhouse wrote: Rudy Guiliani is an American hero.
mlhouse wrote: I am a bleeding heart liberal.
mlhouse wrote: Donald Trump was teh most successful one term President in the history of the United States.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Up here in Duluth, the electric fetus is really the only spot.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by cmd24 »

Douglas Bubbletrousers wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:30 pm All I ever hear about is the Electric Fetus place. There's a place in Mankato called Toon Town that also gets top reviews.
Toon Town is pretty good. Little cmd and I stop in there quite a bit, when we're in town. It's not real big, but they have a good selection of new and used stuff, for vinyl, CD's, movies, etc. I like the feel of the store where it's at now, compared to when it was up by campus. But, I think they had more room in the old location, which meant they had better selection on hand. They can still get pretty much anything you're looking for, though.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
Badbeat

Post by Badbeat »

You might want to check my basement..

last year my sister moved to Florida and left me a storage locker full of crap including boxes of vinyl she had purchased in the 70's
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

hi fi hair and records. mpls
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Electric Fetus has the most selection and quantity, but it will also have the biggest line as well.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

If you ever get out west to Missoula MT this record store is fantastic. I know one of the owners who just happens to be a huge Twins fan too. Worth the look if ever out that way
https://earcandymusic.biz/