Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

37 years ago today

Music forum.
snicker

37 years ago today

Post by snicker »

One of the greatest, if not THE greatest, rock guitarists was killed in a stupid plane crash.

https://liveforlivemusic.com/features/o ... niversary/

I was lucky enough to see him in concert 2 months before this tragedy. Needless to say, he was awesome. What a loss.......
weimy froob

Re: 37 years ago today

Post by weimy froob »

yeah i heard that on the radio yesterday and thought about it. both the senseless loss because of the horseplay and how searing that must have been to be an eyewitness to it. total shock-and then you're left to pick up the debris literally and mentally. one minute so alive-and then gone. right before your eyes.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

ozzie was still sleeping until it hit the tree and went up in flames according to the article.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

snicker wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:18 pm One of the greatest, if not THE greatest, rock guitarists was killed in a stupid plane crash.

https://liveforlivemusic.com/features/o ... niversary/

I was lucky enough to see him in concert 2 months before this tragedy. Needless to say, he was awesome. What a loss.......
very lucky. thoughts on the shows?
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Love Ozzy and Randy but not the greatest.
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

1990, 29 years ago the real music died. SRV, RIP! :( :(

Robert Cray should be ashamed he didn't get on that helicopter flight to Chicago, we would be still have SRV with us today.
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!