Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

froob chat musicians

Music forum.
laX

froob chat musicians

Post by laX »

let's hear about your gear!

me? i'm a guitar guy - electric and acoustic. and because of this, i can play bass. any idiot guitar player can play bass.

anyway... i'm a huge prs guy. i have a pretty interchangeable board - fave is my boss dd-20 delay and my cathedral verb. loving my blackstar amps.

what say you?
i was hoping to see some gifs of people shitting
laX

Re: froob chat musicians

Post by laX »

i'd post a pic of my board and guitars, but cant figure out how to do it here
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

laX wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:30 pm and because of this, i can play bass. any idiot guitar player can play bass.
Sure, anybody can “play” bass. That doesn’t mean they’re any good at it. Been playing guitar forever, picked up the bass for a side project. Mad respect for the guys that make it look effortless. Completely different animal and mindset.
laX

Post by laX »

-Jaymo- wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:56 am
laX wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:30 pm and because of this, i can play bass. any idiot guitar player can play bass.
Sure, anybody can “play” bass. That doesn’t mean they’re any good at it. Been playing guitar forever, picked up the bass for a side project. Mad respect for the guys that make it look effortless. Completely different animal and mindset.
if you know barre chords and a scale or 2, you know bass. it's very easy, dude. ;)
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Piano and guitar
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
Dude

Post by Dude »

I have an acoustic guitar- Yamaha, I think? I can play open chords and barre chords for a minute until my arm gets tired.

Anyone want to start a band? I know a few notes to some DMB songs!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i would wager that froob chat is loaded with a lot of guitar owners.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

laX wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:30 pm let's hear about your gear!

me? i'm a guitar guy - electric and acoustic. and because of this, i can play bass. any idiot guitar player can play bass.

anyway... i'm a huge prs guy. i have a pretty interchangeable board - fave is my boss dd-20 delay and my cathedral verb. loving my blackstar amps.

what say you?
Any idiot can play guitar. It's not hard to do a G, C, D chord progression. I could teach someone to play power chords in 2 minutes.

Yes, any idiot can play bass guitar but they can't play it well. Bass guitar has a very high skill cap. Listen to Ryan Martinie or Victor Wooten if you disagree.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Every instrument has a high “skill cap”.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Those bass players sure are a touchy bunch. I mean it does suck being a failed guitar player but no need to get defensive.

Bogner head
Music Man jp6
Ibanez sz520
Peavey predator
Washburn N1
Takamine acoustic
Various pedals
Line 6 software on my PC for emulated guitar recording.

Had a bunch of other stuff in the past but sold and consolidated.

Looking for a new amp and need a strat or tele in a bad way.
laX

Post by laX »

zeitgeist wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:07 am
laX wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:30 pm let's hear about your gear!

what say you?
Any idiot can play guitar. It's not hard to do a G, C, D chord progression. I could teach someone to play power chords in 2 minutes.

and with that power chord knowledge, they can now play bass!
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

I played a wide variety of woodwinds in high school, played piano for a few years before that. These days, my only musical outlet is with a hand bell choir that my mother directs, which I have been doing for about 15 years now. I want to pick the piano back up though, but we have too much shit littering our second bedroom as it is, which we will be needing to find another spot for in the next 6 months or so.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

Moses Scurry wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:56 pm Those bass players sure are a touchy bunch. I mean it does suck being a failed guitar player but no need to get defensive.
I haven't played much bass guitar in the last 20 years, I'm primarily a guitarist. I'm not at all convinced that the guitar has a higher skill cap than the bass does though.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
Dr. Linux

Post by Dr. Linux »

-Jaymo- wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:56 am
Yeah, there are not many guitar players that do it correctly.
-

Got Root?
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Gibson standard SG in ebony
Alahambra 5p in cedar wood
MPC studio