Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

bands with thee worst fan bases

Music forum.
laX

bands with thee worst fan bases

Post by laX »

i'd dick punch fans of the following:

*any country band
* dave matthews
* phish, dead, for some reason kenny chesney
* dirty hippy progressive blue grass folk - i.e. trampled by turtles
i was hoping to see some gifs of people shitting
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Re: bands with thee worst fan bases

Post by cmd24 »

laX wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:20 pm i'd dick punch fans of the following:

*any country band
* dave matthews
So...rednecks and hippies?
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
laX

Post by laX »

Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

*any country band
* dave matthews
Are there some bands in which their fans are predominantly judgmental, snobbish and condescending? I vote for them.
laX

Post by laX »

Slap Shot wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:39 pm

*any country band
* dave matthews
Are there some bands in which their fans are predominantly judgmental, snobbish and condescending? I vote for them.
the last one. not even close.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

laX wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:41 pm
Slap Shot wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:39 pm

*any country band
* dave matthews
the last one. not even close.
Wooooooooooooooooosh.

;)
CasualObserverGuy

Post by CasualObserverGuy »

Tool's fan base (the younger half) is exceedingly annoying. Tool created listenable dissonance, great, now get off your high horse about how you think you are a knowledgeable music critic because you like Tool.
Jesus threw the money changers out of the Temple in Jerusalem. We need to throw the bankers out of Washington.
cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

CasualObserverGuy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:02 am Tool's fan base (the younger half) is exceedingly annoying. Tool created listenable dissonance, great, now get off your high horse about how you think you are a knowledgeable music critic because you like Tool.
Is that really a thing? Maybe it's because Tool hasn't really done anything lately (and I'm 41), but I've never had the pleasure of meeting that side of the fan base. All the ones I know are the typical rock/metal fans. Love the band, love the music, but very level headed.

It's hard dealing with people that go overboard with how deep they think they are because they listen to certain bands.
CasualObserverGuy

Post by CasualObserverGuy »

cmd24 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:27 am
CasualObserverGuy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:02 am Tool's fan base (the younger half) is exceedingly annoying. Tool created listenable dissonance, great, now get off your high horse about how you think you are a knowledgeable music critic because you like Tool.
Is that really a thing? Maybe it's because Tool hasn't really done anything lately (and I'm 41), but I've never had the pleasure of meeting that side of the fan base. All the ones I know are the typical rock/metal fans. Love the band, love the music, but very level headed.

It's hard dealing with people that go overboard with how deep they think they are because they listen to certain bands.
the Tool fans I know in the millennial generation (I'm 32, so my peers) are like this. not all, but many.

But the slightly older crowd, your age range, is how you describe. So maybe it's not a Tool thing.
Jesus threw the money changers out of the Temple in Jerusalem. We need to throw the bankers out of Washington.
cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

CasualObserverGuy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:34 am

the Tool fans I know in the millennial generation (I'm 32, so my peers) are like this. not all, but many.

But the slightly older crowd, your age range, is how you describe. So maybe it's not a Tool thing.
Interesting. I never knew that. But again, maybe it's something I've missed, because Tool hasn't put out anything in a long time. Maybe, that's why, too. It's allowed the fan base to get all introspective about it?
Paul Fuggasol

Post by Paul Fuggasol »

*any country band
* dave matthews
Wow are you ill-informed. The Grateful Dead's audience is one of the most adventurous, educated, traveled, well-read, musically literate fanbases around. Hate their music if you wish but the band is iconic in the pantheon of American music. They invented the entire jam-band genre. I'm not sure what you are listening to but I doubt they have the dedicated fans and musical clout of the Grateful Dead.
Last edited by Paul Fuggasol on Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

Paul Fuggasol wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:36 am

*any country band
* dave matthews
Wow are you ill-informed. The Grateful Dead's audience is some of the most adventurous, educated, traveled, well-read, musically literate fanbases around. Hate their music if you wish but the band is iconic in the pantheon of American music. They invented the entire jam-band genre. I'm not sure what you are listening to but I doubt they have the dedicated fans and musical clout of the Grateful Dead.
I think the OP means in the sense of how the group acts, in terms of douchiness. At least that's the way I took it.
Dude

Post by Dude »

I came here to say Tool, just based on what I've seen online. There is very much a "holier than thou" vibe among Tool fans. It's like Pink Floyd for the current 20-something generation.

They haven't put anything out in more than 10 years but they still tour frequently and with MJK's side projects they still seem to consistently appeal to a young fanbase.
cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

Dude wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:13 pm

I came here to say Tool, just based on what I've seen online. There is very much a "holier than thou" vibe among Tool fans. It's like Pink Floyd for the current 20-something generation.

They haven't put anything out in more than 10 years but they still tour frequently and with MJK's side projects they still seem to consistently appeal to a young fanbase.
Well, I guess I learn something every day. I had no idea that younger Tool fans were like this. That's too bad. Hate to see music fans act like that. Just like the stuff and move on, in my opinion.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

No body has said “insane clown posse” yet?
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

Bob Wiley wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:24 pm No body has said “insane clown posse” yet?
What do you have against Jugaloes?
laX

Post by laX »

Bob Wiley wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:24 pm No body has said “insane clown posse” yet?
ah! good one
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Eagles (Philadelphia)
Ketchup can be nuancy
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

It's a dead genre now, but those fucking Nu Metal fans of Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park and all that shit were fucking annoying.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Dude

Post by Dude »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:18 pm It's a dead genre now, but those fucking Nu Metal fans of Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park and all that shit were fucking annoying.
I was at the Mall of America back when Limp Bizkit was in their heyday walking on the fourth floor between the movie theaters back to the restaurant area (if you remember, there's a weird long corridor that connects the two areas).

There were a couple guys walking towards me - huge black guy and a short chubby fella with a flat-brimmed Yankees cap and an oversized puffy jacket- and I remember saying to my girlfriend who was with me "jeez, this douchebag thinks he's Fred Durst."

It was Fred Durst.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Dude wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:23 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:18 pm It's a dead genre now, but those fucking Nu Metal fans of Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park and all that shit were fucking annoying.
I was at the Mall of America back when Limp Bizkit was in their heyday walking on the fourth floor between the movie theaters back to the restaurant area (if you remember, there's a weird long corridor that connects the two areas).

There were a couple guys walking towards me - huge black guy and a short chubby fella with a flat-brimmed Yankees cap and an oversized puffy jacket- and I remember saying to my girlfriend who was with me "jeez, this douchebag thinks he's Fred Durst."

It was Fred Durst.
So you were right. That douchebag did think he's Fred Durst.

- Isaac Asimov
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Nickleback & Coldplay. Seriously, anyone that likes that shit doesn't deserve an opinion.
Let's get Tropical
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:24 pm Nickleback & Coldplay. Seriously, anyone that likes that shit doesn't deserve an opinion.
I'm 100% with you on Coldplay. They have some real hardcores that are fucking annoying.

But Nickelback? They suck and all, but I think most of their fans are just pop music fans that liked them when they were big and have moved on. Are there really Nickelback hardcores? I've never met one, I don't think.

- Isaac Asimov
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:38 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:24 pm Nickleback & Coldplay. Seriously, anyone that likes that shit doesn't deserve an opinion.
I'm 100% with you on Coldplay. They have some real hardcores that are fucking annoying.

But Nickelback? They suck and all, but I think most of their fans are just pop music fans that liked them when they were big and have moved on. Are there really Nickelback hardcores? I've never met one, I don't think.
True, I don't think anyone actually admits to being a Nickleback fan.
Let's get Tropical
cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

Hell, even Korn regrets introducing Limp Bizkit to the world.
Bon Scott

Post by Bon Scott »

Any pop superstar these days. Millennials kinda suck.
Trump will forever be known as Potus who was so full of shit that country ran out of Toilet Paper.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

cmd24 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:42 pm
Hell, even Korn regrets introducing Limp Bizkit to the world.
Awwww..good ol' Nu Metal. That stuff was edgy in 6th and 7th grade. Can't relate to it anymote, thankfully. I occasionally spot people whom haven't outgrown it.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Can't say I've ever encountered a hardcore Coldplay fan.

And while Fred Durst was a douche Wes Borland was the man!
cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

Slap Shot wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:28 pm Can't say I've ever encountered a hardcore Coldplay fan.

This. A whole bunch of times over.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Slap Shot wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:28 pm Can't say I've ever encountered a hardcore Coldplay fan.

Yeah, I hated every note of limp bizkit’s catelogue, but he was a pretty talented guitarist. Totally ruined by Durst, of course.

Fred Durst
Needs to rehearse...

- Isaac Asimov