Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

VH tour with Michael Anthony but more general question...

Music forum.
Moses Scurry

VH tour with Michael Anthony but more general question...

Post by Moses Scurry »

So the rumblings, starting with DLR himself, says a summer stadium tour with Michael, Dave, Eddie and Alex. Dave wants to play Yankee Stadium.

I told my woman: it may bankrupt me but I'm getting right up front, damn be the price.

So who would be excited about the original VH lineup summer tour?

Second, for your absolute favorite band, how much are you willing to drop?

(Note: Two tours ago, I got 6th row right on the stage in front of Eddie, slapped 5's with Dave. Last minute scalper in front of TC said, these tickets are expensive but you'll see why. Fucking luckiest shit ever.)
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Re: VH tour with Michael Anthony but more general question...

Post by cmd24 »

I've heard Dave sounds like shit now. I can't confirm that, but that's what I've heard. But, I also think he throws out tour rumors a fair amount. If DLR still can sing, I'd go. Especially if Michael Anthony is with them.

For question #2, are we talking about ANY band? Or ones that are still kinda sorta around (not dead, but maybe not together?)?
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Im not the Van Halen fan you are (who is?), but I’d probably see that tour if they came nearby and I could make it work.

Not going to splurge for front-rows with the super fans, though.

I’m going to see Maiden again in Saint Paul this summer. I think I’m in about $160/e for pretty good seats. I’d go more for a favorite if I’d never seen them. But I’ve either already seen all my favs or they’re no longer active or are, but have so many different members it wouldn’t be the same.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

cmd24 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:54 pm I've heard Dave sounds like shit now. I can't confirm that, but that's what I've heard. But, I also think he throws out tour rumors a fair amount. If DLR still can sing, I'd go. Especially if Michael Anthony is with them.

For question #2, are we talking about ANY band? Or ones that are still kinda sorta around (not dead, but maybe not together?)?
Yeah, I’d pay a lot to see Metallica with a living Cliff Burton, for example. If we’re in fantasy land. Can I see Zep with Bonzo and AC/DC with Bon Scott too?

- Isaac Asimov
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:59 pm
cmd24 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:54 pm I've heard Dave sounds like shit now. I can't confirm that, but that's what I've heard. But, I also think he throws out tour rumors a fair amount. If DLR still can sing, I'd go. Especially if Michael Anthony is with them.

Yeah, I’d pay a lot to see Metallica with a living Cliff Burton, for example. If we’re in fantasy land. Can I see Zep with Bonzo and AC/DC with Bon Scott too?
I dunno, no rules in this thread!
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Dave sounded fine when I saw them, he was never a great live singer anyway, you're going for his mad swag, plus it's backing vocals with Mike that would be awesome.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:00 pm

I’d go over a grand for one of those tickets.

Not doing the Ronnie James Dio hologram thing, though.

That’s just weird.

- Isaac Asimov
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Lets say Cliff never died but they are their current ages, that holds for any band. Zep, with Gonzo at 65 or whatever age they are. :lol:
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by cmd24 »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:00 pm

No rules, then I'd say I'd pony up good money to see Zeppelin, Metallica w/ Newstad (also Cliff), AIC with Layne, and Rage. Oh, and the good Pink Floyd lineup (Gilmour/Waters/Wright/Mason). I'd say anywhere from $500-1000, depending on which band, and the venue.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
Chet Manly

Post by Chet Manly »

The original Pink Floyd would be worth up to a mortgage payment. Otherwise, once Ticketmaster gets their pound of flesh in fees, I think most tours are already fairly priced for these scenarios.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

I would pay to see this and handsomely but nobody fucking comes here except Incubus so far. :(
Angry Waters

Post by Angry Waters »

I'd be very excited to see the original VH lineup, though I'd be content paying the normal ticket price--say $150, or so. I've seen the Axl/Slash/Duff version of Guns 9 times. I would pay $1000 to see the original AFD line-up, provided AFD would be played front-to-back. Crazy thing is, they made north of $600 million on their recent tour. And STILL have the "original line-up card" in their back pocket, if they want to play it.

On to fantasy land...I can't begin to tell you how much I miss Pantera. I'd love to see AIC with Layne again. Zep would be high on the list. Skynyrd before the plane crash would be bad-ass. Thin Lizzy is one of my favorites, as well. Metallica with Cliff, etc...
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

Guess Eddie forgot who made multiple million selling albums while Wolfy was still in the nutsack. I love Eddie as a guitar whiz but at some point you need remember what got you there.
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

I saw Pink Floyd for Live 8 - it was only a few songs sadly but it was worth the price of a plane ticket and hotel. Now that Richard Wright has passed they can never play as 4. Since David will never agree to play with Roger again the remaining 3 doesn't have a chance. :(

For pure fantasy I would put a second mortgage on my house to see the Beatles. I got to see The Who way back in the day but Keith Moon had already died.

As for members that are still around and would get my interest:

Oasis. Liam and Noel really hate each other. It could maybe happen...

The Black Crowes. Same thing Rich and Chris do not like each other at all so it's slim right now.

RATM (maybe), REM (doubt it), Smashing Pumpkins (maybe), Talking Heads (doubt it), The Smiths (doubt it), The White Stripes (will never happen), My Chemical Romance (possible)...