Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Jimmy Buffett

Music forum.
Herky

Jimmy Buffett

Post by Herky »

I decided to dive into some of his deep cuts. Not a big fan. I enjoy his Greatest Hits album, but he has a lot of weird shit.

Outside of old people who show up at his concerts in Hawaiian shirts are they any big fans of his? Like ones who enjoy his entire catalog?

He's kind of like Bruce Springsteen with me. Like the popular stuff, can do without the rest.
realjazzguy

Re: Jimmy Buffett

Post by realjazzguy »

the NY Times had a pretty good feature on him last summer, how he's really an uptight, obsessed businessman, not a beach bum like the image his fans buy
Herky

Post by Herky »

realjazzguy wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:07 am the NY Times had a pretty good feature on him last summer, how he's really an uptight, obsessed businessman, not a beach bum like the image his fans buy
He's no Sammy Hagar that's for sure.
Paul Fuggasol

Post by Paul Fuggasol »

Herky wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:21 am
realjazzguy wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:07 am the NY Times had a pretty good feature on him last summer, how he's really an uptight, obsessed businessman, not a beach bum like the image his fans buy
He can drive 55?
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Paul Fuggasol wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:52 pm
Herky wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:21 am
He can drive 55?
What’s the speed limit in Margaritaville?
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Douglas Bubbletrousers
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2018, June 2019***

Post by Douglas Bubbletrousers »

I've only heard Margaritaville and Cheeseburger in paradise. I give Margaritaville a 7/10 and Cheeseburger a 9/10
I don't give a fig for the simplicity on this side of complexity, but I would die for the simplicity on the other side of complexity.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

I went to one of his concert's about 10 years ago. It was a lot of fun but everyone there just wanted to smoke pot and listen to the hits.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong