Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

First Listen: Bob Dylan, 'More Blood, More Tracks: The Bootleg Series Vol. 14'

Music forum.
weimy froob

Re: First Listen: Bob Dylan, 'More Blood, More Tracks: The Bootleg Series Vol. 14'

Post by weimy froob »

:thumbsup:

i liked it a lot.
weimy froob

Re: First Listen: Bob Dylan, 'More Blood, More Tracks: The Bootleg Series Vol. 14'

Post by weimy froob »

Review: Bob Dylan’s ‘More Blood, More Tracks’ is a Fascinating Deep Dive Into the Making of a Masterpiece
This boxset reissue of ‘Blood on the Tracks’ shows the meticulous process that went into creating his deeply personal 1975 album.

Bob Dylan in the studio, 1974.

Released on January 20th, 1975, Blood on the Tracks was many records – in conception, execution and rapid change of mind – on its way to canonization: Bob Dylan’s greatest album of the Seventies and, as much as the singer has denied it since, the most emotionally direct body of songs he has ever committed to a single LP. It was an album born amid a crisis of family, largely composed in retreat – on Dylan’s farm in Minnesota – and initially recorded in New York as his nine-year marriage to the former Sara Lowndes broke down.

Heard now, these alternate performances – some of which appeared on an early, rejected test pressing – are a revelation of process, showing Dylan at his most certain and searching at the same time: always going for a master take even as he edits and shades his telling along the way, changing tempos, settings and vocal approach. He was still rewriting lyrics at the Minneapolis sessions, a month before Blood on the Tracks‘ release and included at the end of this deluxe set. But the natural buoyance of those musicians was the right call for “Lily,” the fond memory and accepted loss in “Tangled Up in Blue” and even “Idiot Wind,” driving and fortifying Dylan’s rage.

Yet Dylan also knew when he hit perfection and a nerve, because he stayed there. “All the people we used to know/They’re an illusion to me now,” he sings in the first New York take of “Tangled Up in Blue,” in a casual drawl against that solitary bass. “But me, I’m still on the road/Headin’ for another joint” – an admission that was there, with greater urgency and vocal clarity, in Minneapolis. More Blood, More Tracks does not contradict the choices Dylan made on the way to Blood on the Tracks. It fills in his road to wisdom.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... ce-750891/
BBG

Post by BBG »

FB_IMG_1539008240425.jpg

I don't want to argue