Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

everything neil

Music forum.
weimy froob

everything neil

Post by weimy froob »

this thread is all about the musical genius of neil young. post your links here.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Ski

Re: everything neil

Post by Ski »

Paul Fuggasol

Post by Paul Fuggasol »

The Godfather of Grunge jams with Seattle’s best!!!

:naners:
Last edited by Paul Fuggasol on Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

I'm a Neil fan. Check this out. He did the score (not the soundtrack, the score) to a Jim Jarmusch film called "Dead Man" starring Johnny Depp in 1995.

It's actually a pretty good movie too. A little artsy/cult for some people, but I really like it. Iggy Pop is in it too.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

just press play. :coolio:

Whitewater Amphitheater, Canyon Lake, Texas
4/26/2016 - Rare Live version after 30 years!!
Spoiler:
I've seen Neil about 12 times live. I'd give my left nut to see him play this. (from the comments section.) watch this and see how excited a few of the fans get when they realize what he's playing.
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

One of the best ever
In Kwesi we trust.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Neil isn't one of my go to guys but every once in awhile I'll take a listen to some of his groove and yes, the guy was legendary!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

I love the entire Harvest Moon album :thumbsup:

" I could be happy, the rest of my life with a cinnamon girl"

:naners:

I listen to the full Harvest album every time I go for a drive through the Black Hills. It matches the scenery and vibe perectly, and allows me to get in to the right mindset to clear my head. :bow:
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

my sister brought Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere home from college one summer and that was sort of it. i was probably 11. my older brother would haul his big ass kustom bass amp and cab upstairs, park it in the driveway, hook up a turntable and we'd crank that sucker while we and our buddies played hoops. fucking fabulous. EKTIN will always hold a special spot in the ticker, but my favorite neil period is the whole On The Beach/Time Fades Away/Tonight's The Night/American Stars N BArs/Zuma zone.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:21 pm my sister brought Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere home from college one summer and that was sort of it. i was probably 11. my older brother would haul his big ass kustom bass amp and cab upstairs, park it in the driveway, hook up a turntable and we'd crank that sucker while we and our buddies played hoops. fucking fabulous. EKTIN will always hold a special spot in the ticker, but my favorite neil period is the whole On The Beach/Time Fades Away/Tonight's The Night/American Stars N BArs/Zuma zone.
:thumbsup: that was the album that my friend brought over when he introduced me to neil. i also agree with your favorite neil period. i'm listening to this one right now-after that i'm going to listen to "tonight's the night". it might be my favorite neil album-for sure top two.

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

weimy froob wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:04 am
somuchyummy wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:21 pm my sister brought Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere home from college one summer and that was sort of it. i was probably 11. my older brother would haul his big ass kustom bass amp and cab upstairs, park it in the driveway, hook up a turntable and we'd crank that sucker while we and our buddies played hoops. fucking fabulous. EKTIN will always hold a special spot in the ticker, but my favorite neil period is the whole On The Beach/Time Fades Away/Tonight's The Night/American Stars N BArs/Zuma zone.
:thumbsup: that was the album that my friend brought over when he introduced me to neil. i also agree with your favorite neil period. i'm listening to this one right now-after that i'm going to listen to "tonight's the night". it might be my favorite neil album-for sure top two.

bruce berry was a workin' man... he used to load that ecoline van... :coolio:
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:29 pm
i just put it in the queue. i haven't listened to it for awhile. neil's been singing "old king" out on tour these days-i think that's pretty cool. :coolio:
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

weimy froob wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:25 am
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:29 pm
i just put it in the queue. i haven't listened to it for awhile. neil's been singing "old king" out on tour these days-i think that's pretty cool. :coolio:
Spoiler:
ruff ruff
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Did any of you see him when he did the theater shows in town? I wanted to go so badly!