Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Grill repairs

ILLogic

Grill repairs

Post by ILLogic »

I have an old grill, its a Weber Spirit 700 series. I got it back in 2005 and I take good care of it. Every couple of years I have to replace the flavorizer bars. Unfortunately, I have to buy aftermarket bars this time around because apparently Weber has stopped producing my size. Fuckers.

ive spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder
weimy froob

Re: Grill repairs

Post by weimy froob »

craigslist for all options would be my advice.
ILLogic

Post by ILLogic »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:10 pm craigslist for all options would be my advice.
Found some aftermarket bars on amazon for near the same price!
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

what the fuck are flavor bars?
Seekker

Post by Seekker »

I've purchased 3rd party flavorizer bars before. They were actually thicker than the weber ones and lasted a bit longer.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:05 am
Sellingguy wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 11:11 am what the fuck are flavor bars?
You don't know?!

no..what is a flavor bar. i dont even want to look it up.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

i have near heard of them. never seen anything called flavor bars in the charcoal grill section.
Verle

Post by Verle »

Sellingguy wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:42 pm i have near heard of them. never seen anything called flavor bars in the charcoal grill section.
I think it's a ghey thing.
Retreat but never cower
Hey good lookin' we'll be back to pick you up later!
I like to get out and dance, and just take over the nightclub. T.J.
Slaying quality Anoka puss on the reg.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Get the fuck out of here.....I looked it up. jesus fucking christ...the last line is amazing... I get that Cooked on a grill flavor by COOKING ON A FUCKING GRILL!

Every Weber Spirit, Genesis and Summit gas grill made today use Flavorizer Bars to direct grease and drippings away from the burner tubes, which cuts down on flare ups tremendously. An extra benefit of Flavorizer Bars is that they help add that “cooked on a grill” flavor to your food
EnLiteEndOne

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

Sellingguy wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:00 am Get the fuck out of here.....I looked it up. jesus fucking christ...the last line is amazing... I get that Cooked on a grill flavor by COOKING ON A FUCKING GRILL!

Every Weber Spirit, Genesis and Summit gas grill made today use Flavorizer Bars to direct grease and drippings away from the burner tubes, which cuts down on flare ups tremendously. An extra benefit of Flavorizer Bars is that they help add that “cooked on a grill” flavor to your food
sellingguy uncovering scams perpetrated on the unsuspecting American public one angry post at a time.

#youbeyou
#dontneverchange
Lampin'
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

EnLiteEndOne wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:19 am
Sellingguy wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:00 am Get the fuck out of here.....I looked it up. jesus fucking christ...the last line is amazing... I get that Cooked on a grill flavor by COOKING ON A FUCKING GRILL!

sellingguy uncovering scams perpetrated on the unsuspecting American public one angry post at a time.

#youbeyou
#dontneverchange
where did i say it was a scam?
ILLogic

Post by ILLogic »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:13 pm
ILLogic wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:09 pm I have an old grill, its a Weber Spirit 700 series. I got it back in 2005 and I take good care of it. Every couple of years I have to replace the flavorizer bars. Unfortunately, I have to buy aftermarket bars this time around because apparently Weber has stopped producing my size. Fuckers.

Idk if it's just our local Ace Hardware or all of them, but ours handles Weber and Green Egg grills. It looks like they have a good supply of common parts for them too. You might want to try Ace to see if they have what you are looking for? Never know, they might have had the part you need hanging up for the past 5 years just waiting for you to get it.

Our Ace does seem to handle some odd things though. Since we are a smaller town, they have the entire front quarter of the store filled with fishing gear and kitchen items. the grills take up the side, and then there's your traditional Ace Hardware down the middle. I'm guessing it's just our store, but you never know.
Good idea, next time I am replacing some parts I will give the local hardware store a try.