Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Smoked Roast Beef

UnFadeable21

Smoked Roast Beef

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Before

4 Hours later

:thumbsup:
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
whiskerbiscuit

Re: Smoked Roast Beef

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Looks bomb. What rub is that? What kind of wood?
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:44 pm Looks bomb. What rub is that? What kind of wood?
Hahaha you said "Wood"
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:44 pm Looks bomb. What rub is that? What kind of wood?
Beef I use, kosher salt, cracked black pepper, a little garlic and a little season salt.

I use oak only because it burns hot and neutral. I want you to taste the meat and not flavored by the wood. Smoke should enhance the food, not overpower or dominating flavor.
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:01 am
Beef I use, kosher salt, cracked black pepper, a little garlic and a little season salt.

I use oak only because it burns hot and neutral. I want you to taste the meat and not flavored by the wood. Smoke should enhance the food, not overpower or dominating flavor.

Nothing wrong with that. For beef, I like mesquite and pecan.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
Self High-Five

Post by Self High-Five »

Smoking some roast beef, hamburgers and salsa today for my kid to take to college.

:beer:
"Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such." - Homer Simpson
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:34 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:53 pm Image

Before

4 Hours later

So, I saw this and thought, I should try that. So, I did.

I made a picnic pork roast. I smoked it for about 4 1/2 hours in my electric smoker at 190°. My whole point with this was an end product of pulled pork. First time I've made that. Honestly, 4.5 hours wasn't enough, and it was edible, but not done if you know what I mean, so I popped it in a slow cooker overnight with a few cups of seasoned water.

It is probably the best single thing I ever cooked. I'm not even kidding. I could eat this shit all the time. Is that cheating? I don't really care if it is, but it feels like I'm cheating.

I used my electric smoker for this picnic roast. I still can't get it right in that. I also smoked a rack of ribs on my old side firebox smoker, and it turned out just fine. I think so need to stick with the old school smoker.
Old school smoker much better than electric smokers