Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

ribs rub recommendation

HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

ribs rub recommendation

Post by HeHateMe »

It's about time to do some ribs again. This will be my secnd time.. first time I used salt/pepper to when I first threw it on, then butter/honey/brown sugar after a couple hours, wrapped in tinfoil and cooked. What's easy yet good?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Re: ribs rub recommendation

Post by Sellingguy »

wee willies 1 and 2 mixed together.

i have never tried making my own. I like those 2 because they go good with either the wee willies sauce or sauce from smokeys i use. It is a very deep smokey flavor. not much brown sugar at all.

I did try some butter in the wrap on a tenderloin i smoked last week. it loosed up the bark a bit. nice touch. Will try it on ribs. they are in my near future. Time to pull the beast out and smoke up the neighborhood for the day. **or add to it if the bbq place has his pit going a block away.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

made two yesterday, salt/pepper, soaked them in mustard and Worcestershire sauce overnight then smoked 'em or about 6 hours, added honey/butter half way. I think I need to switch up the pellets and do something different next time. They're good but I'll probably do more bbq next time.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Self High-Five

Post by Self High-Five »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:52 pm made two yesterday, salt/pepper, soaked them in mustard and Worcestershire sauce overnight then smoked 'em or about 6 hours, added honey/butter half way. I think I need to switch up the pellets and do something different next time. They're good but I'll probably do more bbq next time.
What pellets did you use?
"Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such." - Homer Simpson
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Self High-Five wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:39 am
HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:52 pm made two yesterday, salt/pepper, soaked them in mustard and Worcestershire sauce overnight then smoked 'em or about 6 hours, added honey/butter half way. I think I need to switch up the pellets and do something different next time. They're good but I'll probably do more bbq next time.
hickory
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:48 pm It's about time to do some ribs again. This will be my secnd time.. first time I used salt/pepper to when I first threw it on, then butter/honey/brown sugar after a couple hours, wrapped in tinfoil and cooked. What's easy yet good?
Get "Pork Barrel BBQ" or "Killer Hogs."

Both excellent rubs for ribs. :thumbsup:
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Butch Bradford wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:38 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:48 pm It's about time to do some ribs again. This will be my secnd time.. first time I used salt/pepper to when I first threw it on, then butter/honey/brown sugar after a couple hours, wrapped in tinfoil and cooked. What's easy yet good?
Get "Pork Barrel BBQ" or "Killer Hogs."

Both excellent rubs for ribs. :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: thank you!
Self High-Five

Post by Self High-Five »

Self High-Five wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:39 am
I usually use a mix of cherry/apple for ribs.

My go to rub:
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
2 teaspoons ground mustard
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
"Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such." - Homer Simpson