Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

DFS Froobs....

Chat about your fantasy league here
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

DFS Froobs....

Post by RubeTube »

Any of you play daily fantasy sports? Is there actually money to be made in this? What's the best site to join? Been thinking about doing some daily hoops as it's a down time in sports.

Can anyone explain how this works?
Last edited by RubeTube on Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Puma

Re: DFS Froobs....

Post by Puma »

check with 64degreewedge, he's the best at it!
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Puma wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:12 am check with 64degreewedge, he's the best at it!
:thumbsup:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
JackCoke

Post by JackCoke »

I think you'd have better luck asking if there are any DTF Froobs.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Puma wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:12 am check with 64degreewedge, he's the best at it!
No, he isn't.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:51 am Any of you play daily fantasy sports? Is there actually money to be made in this? What's the best site to join? Been thinking about doing some daily hoops as it's a down time in sports.

I've done it for a couple of years (NFL, MLB, NBA). You can make money, but it's a lot more work than you'd anticipate. I just do it because it makes following sports more fun. Those massive tournaments with 6-figure payouts are damn near impossible, because all the pros put 150 lineups in them.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

JackCoke wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:22 am I think you'd have better luck asking if there are any DTF Froobs.
:thumbsup:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Puma

Post by Puma »

feekdogg wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:38 am
No, he isn't.
I'm just trying to support my bud :( Meany
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

feekdogg wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:43 am
Rubetube wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:51 am Any of you play daily fantasy sports? Is there actually money to be made in this? What's the best site to join? Been thinking about doing some daily hoops as it's a down time in sports.

I've done it for a couple of years (NFL, MLB, NBA). You can make money, but it's a lot more work than you'd anticipate. I just do it because it makes following sports more fun. Those massive tournaments with 6-figure payouts are damn near impossible, because all the pros put 150 lineups in them.
What's the most you ever made in a month. How much do you make on average?
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Mandatory wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:23 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:51 am Any of you play daily fantasy sports? Is there actually money to be made in this? What's the best site to join? Been thinking about doing some daily hoops as it's a down time in sports.

Make? :lol:
I play mainly in large tournies with huge payouts. It's basically a lottery. If you want to make money, you have to play large volumes of cash games (head-to-heads or 50/50s). Those typically require you to build your lineups a little differently. I basically just throw shit at the wall, and every now and again, it sticks. I had a $1000+ day in NFL last year, that's the best month I ever had. Last Wed., I had my best NBA night every when I finished 35th out of 10,000+ entries for about $600.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

feekdogg wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:24 pm
Mandatory - Dominus wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:23 pm

I play mainly in large tournies with huge payouts. It's basically a lottery. If you want to make money, you have to play large volumes of cash games (head-to-heads or 50/50s). Those typically require you to build your lineups a little differently. I basically just throw shit at the wall, and every now and again, it sticks. I had a $1000+ day in NFL last year, that's the best month I ever had. Last Wed., I had my best NBA night every when I finished 35th out of 10,000+ entries for about $600.
Hmm, interesting. So basically you lose more than you win? I would never have the patience/dedication to actually be successful.

#BaltimoreStrong
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Mandatory wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:34 pm
feekdogg wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:24 pm
Mandatory - Dominus - Dominus wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:23 pm

Hmm, interesting. So basically you lose more than you win? I would never have the patience/dedication to actually be successful.
Definitely. It's hard, but I have no delusions about making money. I'm playing 5 bucks a night going against guys who have $50,000 in entry fees out there. They're way more invested in stats and research than I'd ever be.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:36 pm
Rubetube wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:51 am Any of you play daily fantasy sports? Is there actually money to be made in this? What's the best site to join? Been thinking about doing some daily hoops as it's a down time in sports.

If I were standing right next to you right now, I'd probably punch you in the face....
Spoiler:
DO YOU REALIZE HOW MUCH MONEY I SPENT TO BRING DAILY FANTASY FOOTBALL TO THIS SITE, AND NOBODY FUCKING USED IT!!!!??? YOU BRING THIS UP THE WEEK AFTER THE FUCKING SUPERBOWL!!!!???? WTF, RT...
Wait.. what? We have DFS on this site?

#BaltimoreStrong
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:11 pm
Mandatory - Dominus wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:58 pm
Abe, our supreme and glorious ruler,, our supreme and glorious ruler, Froman wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:36 pm

If I were standing right next to you right now, I'd probably punch you in the face....
Spoiler:
DO YOU REALIZE HOW MUCH MONEY I SPENT TO BRING DAILY FANTASY FOOTBALL TO THIS SITE, AND NOBODY FUCKING USED IT!!!!??? YOU BRING THIS UP THE WEEK AFTER THE FUCKING SUPERBOWL!!!!???? WTF, RT...
You have to be fucking with me...
I was going to try it......
but in all honesty its just not me.
I lived in Las Vegas for awhile and rarely gambled.
Pretty much took advantage of the places that allowed you to cash your paycheck.. and gave you a bonus on top of it assuming you would start gambling with "free money" and continue beyond that.

I don't follow the NFL enough to really do more than guess.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:11 pm
Mandatory - Dominus wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:58 pm
Abe, our supreme and glorious ruler,, our supreme and glorious ruler, Froman wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:36 pm

Spoiler:

#BaltimoreStrong
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Would it help if I moved my bankroll over here?
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:43 pm
jakazz30 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:23 pm
Abe, our supreme and glorious ruler,, our supreme and glorious ruler, Froman wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:11 pm
I was going to try it......
but in all honesty its just not me.
I lived in Las Vegas for awhile and rarely gambled.
Pretty much took advantage of the places that allowed you to cash your paycheck.. and gave you a bonus on top of it assuming you would start gambling with "free money" and continue beyond that.

I don't follow the NFL enough to really do more than guess.
It's cool. I don't really have a right to bitch about it. I could have canceled it and gotten my money back if I did so within 60 days. I made the decision to keep it because I really liked the idea of having a site with an actual, working, fantasy sports feature. It really is cool, imo, and if it ever caught on, it totally would've set our site apart from any other sports forums I've checked out. Idk, I might look into it again next year. Maybe I'll try it again. Hopefully there will be another option out there. I thought Fan Victor was alright, but some of the player ratings just felt off, and really I'd just like to find an addon that does seasonal fantasy competitions. The daily thing is cool, and I'd like to still have that as an option as well, but it seems like seasonal rube leagues would be a lot of fun on here, and I think it would really add a lot to the site.
Seasonal rube leagues might work..
I'm in 2 baseball ones that started with rubes..
Donovan McNabb
***Official Gibby Award Winner February 2018***

Post by Donovan McNabb »

I was gonna make a big deposit but it didn't seem like anyone was playing
Donovan McNabb
***Official Gibby Award Winner February 2018***

Post by Donovan McNabb »

feekdogg wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:43 am Those massive tournaments with 6-figure payouts are damn near impossible, because all the pros put 150 lineups in them.
Then why doesn't everyone just put 150 lineups into it? You'll win everytime!
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:53 pm
jakazz30 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:46 pm
Abe, our supreme and glorious ruler,, our supreme and glorious ruler, Froman wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:43 pm
It's cool. I don't really have a right to bitch about it. I could have canceled it and gotten my money back if I did so within 60 days. I made the decision to keep it because I really liked the idea of having a site with an actual, working, fantasy sports feature. It really is cool, imo, and if it ever caught on, it totally would've set our site apart from any other sports forums I've checked out. Idk, I might look into it again next year. Maybe I'll try it again. Hopefully there will be another option out there. I thought Fan Victor was alright, but some of the player ratings just felt off, and really I'd just like to find an addon that does seasonal fantasy competitions. The daily thing is cool, and I'd like to still have that as an option as well, but it seems like seasonal rube leagues would be a lot of fun on here, and I think it would really add a lot to the site.
Seasonal rube leagues might work..
I'm in 2 baseball ones that started with rubes..
Yeah! I think that I'd probably look for an NBA or NFL one next year. There's just a lot of rubes who I think would give it a try since we already have leagues going anyway. The expense with this shit is paying for the stat updates and the franchising fees. That's why we don't have a basketball and hockey one going right now. The NFL package costed my $1200. Serious buyer's remorse on that deal, but I still like the attempt at it. I don't regret that part anyway, I just try not to think about all of the shit I could have bought with that money... :oops:
Based on the froobs....looking at NBA or NFL would be the way to advance for now..
MLB? You know I love it, but I'm not sure yet on how much this site will really care. (This isn't a negative, just reality)
Of the rubes that Im in fantasy baseball with......only 1 other person is here. They are in a "hold" state.. I hope they change their opinion this year. (It just got so shitty they aren't sure of wanting to bother)

If it progresses OK....maybe in 2019 I'll just offer up a league for froobs..then maybe you can take it over from there if there's interest.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Donovan McNabb wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:04 pm I was gonna make a big deposit but it didn't seem like anyone was playing
Timberlake wasn't interested?
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

No, but I sometimes wonder if all you need in your life is a down-ass Juggalette.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:04 pm

No, but I sometimes wonder if all you need in your life is a down-ass Juggalette.
Fuck ya! Juggalettes usually have huge jugs and like that brown star popped! I once had a friend who liked that ICP shit. Weird part was, he was the most straight edge, prep, professional in our bunch. It was definitely not for me lol.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RC3

Post by RC3 »

Rozier night.
reddish?

I will have my vengeance.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

I played a couple years ago when they were advertising everywhere and it was bigger then than it is now. Won enough to have to claim it in taxes a few years straight, but now I don't win nearly as much. I'm guessing because the casual players are gone now after the big wave, and only experienced knowledgeable players are left.

I prefer FanDuel
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

Not as big as it was when it first came out. Several states are now/still banned from playing.

Obviously the longer a strategy game is in existence the more advanced the players will become. Think the top players in the game still have a long way to go. It's not like poker yet.

They still had 2.5 billion in total entry fees last year. Still very beatable.
Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

No, he isn't.
Did you make more than 2700 last week after taxes? I did.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

RC3 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:33 pmRozier night.
Rozier, Kuzma, Blake should give people a good start on a lineup tonight.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:51 pm
No, he isn't.
Did you make more than 2700 last week after taxes? I did.
How much did you lose the week before?
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

It was all star break genius