cc: Herky

General topics
Cobey
Trouble

cc: Herky

Post by Cobey » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:13 am

How's the wife/new kid? I don't recall the timeline, but haven't heard anything about it in a second, so just curious if everything's good.

nigel

Re: cc: Herky

Post by nigel » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:36 am

he's just happy as a clam (what a dumb saying) that Big 10 football starts this week

Herky

Post by Herky » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:51 am

Doing well. New kid is a little over 2 months and healthy. Wife is going to stay home with the kids until at least spring now. She was scheduled to go back to work next week but her work had 14 COVID positives this month so she resigned. 26 total cases there since March her work is a shit show. We kept the oldest out of daycare when the baby was born/school started so they will just all stay home and see what happens in the spring. Her company actually got bought out by United Health Care and she got a nice cash out from her stock options that we can use to bridge the gap without her getting paychecks until spring. She also knits hats and sells them on the side (Etsy store) so she's got some income there.

This one sleeps WAY better than the other one did. Some few rough nights here and there but for the most part it's not bad.

He likes to watch Smackdown on Friday's with me while my wife puts the oldest to bed. Saturday he's coming to my in-laws with me while my father in law and I watch Iowa/Purdue.
Last edited by Herky on Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:53 am

Herky wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:51 am
Doing well. New kid is a little over 2 months and healthy. Wife is going to stay home with the kids until at least spring now. She was scheduled to go back to work next week but her work had 14 COVID positives this month so she resigned. 26 total cases there since March her work is a shit show. We kept the oldest out of daycare when the baby was born/school started so they will just all stay home and see what happens in the spring.

This one sleeps WAY better than the other one did. Some few rough nights here and there but for the most part it's not bad.

He likes to watch Smackdown on Friday's with me while my wife puts the oldest to bed. Saturday he's coming to my in-laws with me while my father in law and I watch Iowa/Purdue.
Good to hear everything is good, all things considered. You get to take advantage of any leave?

nigel

Post by nigel » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:55 am

wAT's goin on in Smackdown now

Herky

Post by Herky » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:55 am

Cobey wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:53 am
Herky wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:51 am
Doing well. New kid is a little over 2 months and healthy. Wife is going to stay home with the kids until at least spring now. She was scheduled to go back to work next week but her work had 14 COVID positives this month so she resigned. 26 total cases there since March her work is a shit show. We kept the oldest out of daycare when the baby was born/school started so they will just all stay home and see what happens in the spring.

Good to hear everything is good, all things considered. You get to take advantage of any leave?
I get 4 weeks paid with my work. Took 2 weeks when the baby was born and taking the other 2 weeks in December from the 10th to the 23rd. Get the 24th and 25th off so will be a nice break leading up to Christmas.

Herky

Post by Herky » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:57 am

nigel wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:55 am
Roman Reigns is fueding with his cousin.

Women's Champion Bayley turned on her friend Sasha Banks and they are fighting in a Hell In A Cell match coming up.

New Day won the tag belts not long ago. They are weird.

Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:59 am

Herky wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:57 am
nigel wrote:

Women's Champion Bayley turned on her friend Sasha Banks and they are fighting in a Hell In A Cell match coming up.

New day is still going on? Their gimmick was exhausted like 2 years ago

Herky

Post by Herky » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:00 am

Cobey you'll be interested in this. My brother has been interviewing with the WWE to run their COVID protocol team. He met with their head legal guy and WWE's #2 over the course of 3 interviews and has a offer interview next Friday. He would report to Vince too.

He's not sure if he will take it since it's pretty demanding and he might have to move to Connecticut or New York. He's in Philadelphia now and works for Comcast doing all their health stuff for the cable markets.

He said he will see what they offer for pay and take some time to decide. The #2 told my brother that when you work for Vince, he pays you to say yes. lol

Apparently COVID is all over in WWE and Vince is super pissed.

Herky

Post by Herky » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:03 am

Cobey wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:59 am
Herky wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:57 am
nigel wrote:

New day is still going on? Their gimmick was exhausted like 2 years ago
I think they just got split up in the draft they are doing. I missed last week but pretty sure they did.

nigel

Post by nigel » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:21 am

Herky wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:00 am
Cobey you'll be interested in this. My brother has been interviewing with the WWE to run their COVID protocol team. He met with their head legal guy and WWE's #2 over the course of 3 interviews and has a offer interview next Friday. He would report to Vince too.

He's not sure if he will take it since it's pretty demanding and he might have to move to Connecticut or New York. He's in Philadelphia now and works for Comcast doing all their health stuff for the cable markets.

He said he will see what they offer for pay and take some time to decide. The #2 told my brother that when you work for Vince, he pays you to say yes. lol

tell him not to sneeze around Vince.

I don't know, Comcast and WWE seem like two companies headed in two different directions atm. I'd probably leverage the offer and try to stay with Comcast.

Herky

Post by Herky » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:28 am

nigel wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:21 am
Herky wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:00 am

tell him not to sneeze around Vince.

I don't know, Comcast and WWE seem like two companies headed in two different directions atm. I'd probably leverage the offer and try to stay with Comcast.
He said there has been some changes for the good lately at Comcast. With COVID he was working 60 hour weeks sometimes and was getting burned out since he was on call a lot too. He gets to work from home but started looking for other jobs as leverage to get a raise.

He's not sure about the WWE job they fire people often and just went through a massive overhaul. This job with them would be pretty demanding since he would oversee all the testing and tracing for their talent, and would work long hours leading up to PPV's to make sure everyone is good to go. Sounds like they have zero protocols in place right now so the position would be in charge of creating everything and working with their #2 and top legal guy.

He makes good money with Comcast so he said he'd have to see what WWE offers and then will weigh his options. He might leverage it into a promotion since they like him there and he works with the CEO's son and gets along with him. Funny story is the son dated Olivia Munn before Aaron Rodgers did. lol