Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Battle of the 1st Rounders: Jaire Alexander vs Mike Hughes

salamander

Re: Battle of the 1st Rounders: Jaire Alexander vs Mike Hughes

Post by salamander »

gopack wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:11 pm This is a really silly thread. Speaking of defensive backs, how many viking fans think Trey "big bust" Waynes is actually good?
0.0 passer rating while being thrown at by the Jets. I'd say he's good. But I wouldn't say he's elite.

Speaking of big busts, do you really think CM3 is actually good?
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

gopack wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:11 pm This is a really silly thread. Speaking of defensive backs, how many viking fans think Trey "big bust" Waynes is actually good?
Does being a top 5 run stuffer at CB (and #1 outside the slot) also mean "Big Bust" Waynes is not good?

Four of the five cornerbacks ranked highest in run-stop percentage last season all played most of their defensive snaps at slot cornerback, which comes as no surprise given their proximity to the backfield. But this revelation outlines just how successful Minnesota Vikings’ Trae Waynes, primarily an outside cornerback, was at defending the run in 2017.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

twgerber wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:03 pm
Chuck North wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:38 pm
salamander wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:33 pm They will forever be compared against each other for years to come by Vikings and Packers fans.
Why?

Jaire will be starting for a lesser defense while Hughes will be allowed to learn. Totally different defenses and situations,
It won't be a comparison until both are full time starters - if ever. I agree. Different D and situations.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick is getting prepared to face Packers rookie cornerback Jaire Alexander on Sunday, and Belichick loves what Alexander has put on tape.

In fact, Belichick loved what Alexander did before he got to the NFL. Belichick said the Patriots were very high on Alexander coming out of Louisville, and if the Packers hadn’t taken him with the 18th overall pick, the Patriots might have taken him with the 23rd overall pick.

“He’s going to have a great career,” Belichick said of Alexander. “Thought it was an excellent pick. It was a little bit ahead of where we were picking. One of the top players on the board. Great kid. Great energy. I think he’ll be one of the top corners in the league for quite a while now.”
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

Still can't compare when one is on IR. Maybe in a few years we can all look back.
GM Spielman:
  • Record 62-48-2 (.559 winning %)
  • Playoffs 1-3
  • 7 years - reached playoffs 3 times.
  • Winner of the North 2 of last 4 years
Zimmer is 48-33-1
snicker

Post by snicker »

RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

snicker wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:13 am Image
He's about the only bright spot on your shotty team this year.

Packers have yet to win back to back games or a game on the road :lol:

Get ready for 3-4-1

Jaire is graded high doe :naners:
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:21 am

Get ready for 3-4-1

So he posts a stat showing both players in a thread dedicated to the discussion of those two players. He lets the stat do the talking and what do you do?

You change the discussion to the Packers record and mock him for showing a stat that says Jaire is the top ranked rookie. As if this thread was about something else and he just randomly posted a Jaire accomplishment.

Can you display your ignorance any more loudly? Just say uncle.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Chuck North wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:07 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:21 am

Get ready for 3-4-1

So he posts a stat showing both players in a thread dedicated to the discussion of those two players. He lets the stat do the talking and what do you do?

You change the discussion to the Packers record and mock him for showing a stat that says Jaire is the top ranked rookie. As if this thread was about something else and he just randomly posted a Jaire accomplishment.

Can you display your ignorance any more loudly? Just say uncle.
Thanks. :bday:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

he looked like an all-pro on sunday against LA.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Alexander has looked like a good pick so far.
gopack

Post by gopack »

salamander wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:59 pm
Does being a top 5 run stuffer at CB (and #1 outside the slot) also mean "Big Bust" Waynes is not good?

Four of the five cornerbacks ranked highest in run-stop percentage last season all played most of their defensive snaps at slot cornerback, which comes as no surprise given their proximity to the backfield. But this revelation outlines just how successful Minnesota Vikings’ Trae Waynes, primarily an outside cornerback, was at defending the run in 2017.
Last time I checked a Corner's primary responsibility is defending the pass. I bet he's middle of the pack, not what you would expect out of a 1st round corner. Way to cherry pick a stat.
tbgh

Post by tbgh »

gopack's opinion is certainly not at all biased.

He had him as a "big bust" a long time ago.
Put 'er in the ole vise.
salamander

Post by salamander »

gopack wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:20 pm
salamander wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:59 pm

Last time I checked a Corner's primary responsibility is defending the pass. I bet he's middle of the pack, not what you would expect out of a 1st round corner. Way to cherry pick a stat.
:lol: You sounded really angry at my graphic. It almost sounded like you don't care if Jaire Alexander is a really bad run defender because, "That's not his primary responsibility".
Spoiler:
snicker

Post by snicker »

Has Hughes done anything like this:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgpYhYupCdE[/youtube]
A Kickass Offense

Post by A Kickass Offense »

snicker wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:44 pm Has Hughes done anything like this:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgpYhYupCdE[/youtube]
How'd the rest of that game go for him?

I'll hang up and listen........
snicker

Post by snicker »

According to PA, during his segment with Sinykin on Monday, Thielen said Alexander was the best CB he has faced all season. I guess that's worth something.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

snicker wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:18 pm According to PA, during his segment with Sinykin on Monday, Thielen said Alexander was the best CB he has faced all season. I guess that's worth something.
What's up with Jackson?
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
snicker

Post by snicker »

He started off hot, but has leveled off since. I think he'll be O.K., he's just going to need time to develop further.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

snicker wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:44 pm He started off hot, but has leveled off since. I think he'll be O.K., he's just going to need time to develop further.
Was just wondering. During preseason and the start of the year, I thought he would be better than Jaire.

Haven't heard his name in a good while and GB has had many injuries and different depth moves in that secondary.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
A Kickass Offense

snicker wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:18 pm According to PA, during his segment with Sinykin on Monday, Thielen said Alexander was the best CB he has faced all season. I guess that's worth something.
He's a good player and if I were a Packer fan I'd be happy with what I've seen, but he didn't exactly shut Thielen or Diggs down in that game.

In other words that isn't the game I'd choose to use to pimp him.
snicker

Post by snicker »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:49 pm
snicker wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:44 pm He started off hot, but has leveled off since. I think he'll be O.K., he's just going to need time to develop further.
Was just wondering. During preseason and the start of the year, I thought he would be better than Jaire.

Haven't heard his name in a good while and GB has had many injuries and different depth moves in that secondary.
I have a suspicion he may end up at safety in year or 2.
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

Yeah and Mike Hughes can't develop and he already reached his full potential. :roll:
I know you didn't say that about Hughes but it's stupid to reach a conclusion about who is going to be better when Hughes's body of worked came when the Vikings D wasn't clicking at all.
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
"I am all in for a 4th place finish."
snicker

Post by snicker »

That comment was in regard to 2nd round pick Josh Jackson, not Alexander. Read the fucking thread.
Billy Baroo

Post by Billy Baroo »

Billy Baroo wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:06 pm Apparently Jaire didn't major in Geography, it's likely he chose Rocket Science.
“Never in my life did I think I’d be here in Wisconsin, so it’s an experience,” Alexander said. “It’s definitely different. Even the plane ride coming in, I’m like, ‘Man, there’s so many fields and stuff.’ I don’t know what to expect. But it’s been pretty cool.”
Bwa hahah haha haha.........I couldn't resist
Go back to Wisconsin
Billy Baroo

Post by Billy Baroo »

Jerry will fit in well in Green bay, after he gets Scorched he runs his Mouth

Go back to Wisconsin
Vulcan Vidiot

Post by Vulcan Vidiot »

Billy Baroo wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:04 pm Jerry will fit in well in Green bay, after he gets Scorched he runs his Mouth

Gerby's right!!! Godell hates the Packers!!! The proofs in the video!!!

Goodell had NBC put the yellow line on the top of Diggs double move. Alexander obviously tripped over the yellow line! That's bullshit!!!

Why haven't more people notice this?!?!?

They have to stop putting that yellow line across the field during then play. Alexander could have wrecked his knee or ankle in the play.

Luckly he only lost his jock strap on the play, avoiding any physical damage.
I have the unique privilege of having my avatar bestowed upon me by The Great and Powerful Abe.
A Kickass Offense

This came up in a different thread.

Snicker apparently had no issue with him running his mouth after being destroyed by Thielen and Diggs for the entire game.

Billy Baroo

Post by Billy Baroo »

A Kickass Offense wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:48 pm This came up in a different thread.

Snicker apparently had no issue with him running his mouth after being destroyed by Thielen and Diggs for the entire game.

That's where I saw it! Nice posts.

LOL I searched Twitter for it last night and it was already here.
Go back to Wisconsin
salamander

Post by salamander »

After 2 years its looking like Alexander is the better player.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Clearly the Packers had the better pick.