Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Rodgers has ushered in a new age of losing in GB

salamander

Rodgers has ushered in a new age of losing in GB

Post by salamander »

But he's the greatest QB of all time, amiright!?
The Packers suffer back-to-back losing seasons for the first time since 1990 and 1991.

Is his extremely poor leadership to blame? Or the team killing contracts he signed?
Why has such a talented QB wasted his entire career?
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Obi-Wan

Re: Rodgers has ushered in a new age of losing in GB

Post by Obi-Wan »

The return of the dark ages? 10-12-1 with Rodgers as starting QB the last two years. Hard to pin it all on McCarthy. Not every QB can play until 40. Some guys decline sooner.
BigInflateable

Post by BigInflateable »

I'm almost giddy, with anticipation for the inevitable schisms between Ragahs and Le Floor. No better fan base than the Pukes to endure another 2 decades of irrelevancy!
"You can tweet that."
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

the packers have made a mistake in not planning to replace him. i dont expect much from my fav football team the next few years.
they should suck as much as the vikes. the entire division is going to suck and sadly a team might win the division at 7-9
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Dun dun dun
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
Joe Bag 'O Donuts

Post by Joe Bag 'O Donuts »

JPM wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:37 pmDun dun dun
So glad the biggest loser around here made his way to this thread. Softball.

:lol:
"I can laugh at myself and have fun. I am a fun guy. And an extremely confident guy."
~Jtran
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

So Luck retires because of the inability not to be able to come back from injuries. Rodgers stays in the game given his injury past for what? Another chance at glory? I bet Tom Brady is walking with a cane at 50.
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Qman65 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:52 am So Luck retires because of the inability not to be able to come back from injuries. Rodgers stays in the game given his injury past for what? Another chance at glory? I bet Tom Brady is walking with a cane at 50.
Where else is RODgers going to have so much access to young mens asses?

That Packer shower is quite the breeding ground.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Rodgers is so good he hasn't let GB be bad enough to bottom out and gather assets. Same as Luck, same as Marino.
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

salamander wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:15 pm But he's the greatest QB of all time, amiright!?
The Packers suffer back-to-back losing seasons for the first time since 1990 and 1991.

Is his extremely poor leadership to blame? Or the team killing contracts he signed?
:naners:
salamander

Post by salamander »

JPM wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:22 pm
salamander wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:15 pm But he's the greatest QB of all time, amiright!?

:naners:
Good season for sure. Much better than the previous seasons.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

They are one of the worst 12 win teams I have seen. 3-2 vs teams with winning records. Two of those wins are against a team that has not beat a team with double digit wins in two years and the other was KC without Mahomes. #flawed
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Might be the one seed. Bwhahahahhaaaa
UrinalMint

Post by UrinalMint »

They are 7-1 at home. 5-2 on the road. 5-0 in the division. Probably headed to 6-2 on the road & 6-0 in the division.

I'm not a fan of the Packers either but they keep winning. Maybe I'm eating too many edibles but those are the facts.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

UrinalMint wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:03 pm They are 7-1 at home. 5-2 on the road. 5-0 in the division. Probably headed to 6-2 on the road & 6-0 in the division.

I'm not a fan of the Packers either but they keep winning. Maybe I'm eating too many edibles but those are the facts.
I've got a friend that is a bit of an amateur bookie. He told me about a week ago that if you plug in various team stats for the Packers (both regular and advanced) the odds of them turning in a 13-3 season is somewhere in the ballpark of 1000/1. Sadly, that's exactly what's about to happen. He still swears they are gonna crash hard, but he's been telling me that since about week 5.
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

FLex
PackIsBack

Post by PackIsBack »

This aged very well. Just like Rodgers has.
:clap: “It... is... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!” “No, he missed it! Are you kidding me? He missed it right.” :clap: