Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

RIP Bart Starr

Thor11

RIP Bart Starr

Post by Thor11 »

No matter what...greatness is great...and appreciated. Great era...unforgettable.
Life is on the wire...the rest is just waiting.
Obi-Wan

Re: RIP Bart Starr

Post by Obi-Wan »

Very overrated. Only reason he is in HOF is because there was not much to choose from in 1977. Horrible coach. RIP
Thor11

Post by Thor11 »

Obi....are you 12 yet? Maybe middle school?... or just severely intellectually challenged?...seriously as asking.
Rock Me Abbrederis

Post by Rock Me Abbrederis »

Obi-Wan wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:38 am Very overrated. Only reason he is in HOF is because there was not much to choose from in 1977. Horrible coach. RIP
Wanna know what you are?

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

Thor11 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:23 pm Obi....are you 12 yet? Maybe middle school?... or just severely intellectually challenged?...seriously as asking.
Asking if someone is 12, in middle school, and retarded then capping it off with, "seriously as asking". Can't make it up. Go back to English class. :lol:
Thor11

Post by Thor11 »

Obi-Wan wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:44 am
Thor11 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:23 pm Obi....are you 12 yet? Maybe middle school?... or just severely intellectually challenged?...seriously as asking.
Asking if someone is 12, in middle school, and retarded then capping it off with, "seriously as asking". Can't make it up. Go back to English class. :lol:
You said Starr is "very overrated". Questioning your ( age) immaturity or retardation is very appropriate based on your idiotic response to the topic and clearly you know very little about NFL history.
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

He is overrated and I am not going to argue with someone who is unable to look beyond the NFL history that has been spoon fed to him.
Thor11

Post by Thor11 »

Obi-Wan wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:11 am He is overrated and I am not going to argue with someone who is unable to look beyond the NFL history that has been spoon fed to him.
Life long...long suffering Viking fan. Just have enough brain matter to know what matters. Bart Starr was one of the most decorated and well respected QB's this game has witnessed. HOF well deserved...for many reasons. But why would I expect anyone who says "overrated" to have a clue....good night .
gopack

Post by gopack »

Thor11 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 11:49 am
Obi-Wan wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:11 am He is overrated and I am not going to argue with someone who is unable to look beyond the NFL history that has been spoon fed to him.
Life long...long suffering Viking fan. Just have enough brain matter to know what matters. Bart Starr was one of the most decorated and well respected QB's this game has witnessed. HOF well deserved...for many reasons. But why would I expect anyone who says "overrated" to have a clue....good night .
That tells you everything you need to know. It justifies everything you see in here. :lol:
Thor11

Post by Thor11 »

Not sure what the humor is gopack...any long term Viking fan would understand the meaning of it. What does that have to do with your hero qb Bart Starr?....you sound like a little punk dirtbag. Climb back into your hole.
vikesbumeout
***Official Gibby Award Winner - August 2018***

Post by vikesbumeout »

I dislike the Packers but BART was one of the greats.

I would like to mention I resisted temptation to reference The Simpson’s
Liberals are always so confident in their ideas until history meets up with them
Herky

Post by Herky »

If you look at his passing stats they don't look great right away but he didn't throw the ball a ton. He only averaged 20 passes per start. His yards per attempt was 7.8 which is pretty darn good. Same with yards per completion which was 13.7. His career completion percentage is better than Johnny Unitas, Sammy Baugh, Fran Tarkenton, and Y.A. Tittle. Johnny Unitas, Y.A. Tittle, and Sammy Baugh also had worse interception percentages.

He was also clutch and awesome in the playoffs. Dude also called his own plays in his career. I think he was a damn good QB and I'm not ever a Packers fan.
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

He was solid in the playoffs. Never said he was horrible just that he is overrated. Passing stats back then were not good. He had 126 ypg and never passed for more than 16 TD. He had a good supporting cast and played much of his career in a league that had 13 teams yet was only selected to pro bowl 4 times. He is revered for his team's play.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Obi-Wan wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:28 pm He was solid in the playoffs. Never said he was horrible just that he is overrated. Passing stats back then were not good. He had 126 ypg and never passed for more than 16 TD. He had a good supporting cast and played much of his career in a league that had 13 teams yet was only selected to pro bowl 4 times. He is revered for his team's play.
Cant fault a guy for the era he played in, and in the era he played in, he was one of the best...and whats wrong with revering a QB of all positions, for team success? As Vikings fans, we just watched Kirk put up a great statistical season, but it means nothing, because the team did nothing.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Shaaron better go dig Starrs moxie up.

At a bon fire tonight and even the Packer fans there described Sherry as "Toxic"
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:14 am
Obi-Wan wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:28 pm He was solid in the playoffs. Never said he was horrible just that he is overrated. Passing stats back then were not good. He had 126 ypg and never passed for more than 16 TD. He had a good supporting cast and played much of his career in a league that had 13 teams yet was only selected to pro bowl 4 times. He is revered for his team's play.
Cant fault a guy for the era he played in, and in the era he played in, he was one of the best...and whats wrong with revering a QB of all positions, for team success? As Vikings fans, we just watched Kirk put up a great statistical season, but it means nothing, because the team did nothing.
7 of his 16 seasons he had a losing record. Who voted for pro bowl back then? I am not sure.Writers, players, coaches or fans? Obviously, whoever did the voting did not revere him much at the time. He was only elected to 4. He made Pro Bowl in 1960 with 4 TD and 8 INT? How is that even possible? Also there were not many QB he was competing with. There were 13 teams in NFL. He had a nice 7 year strech that in my opinion was the result of his supporting cast. The media and league has glorified the 1960s Packers and Bart Starr.
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

3 Qb'S 50 years. Oh, don't forget Dickey and Majic.
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!