Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Honest question to packer fans - how did you like round 1?

twgerber

Honest question to packer fans - how did you like round 1?

Post by twgerber »

I not a huge draft nut but hadn't heard of either of those guys.

Are packer fans happy? Tentative? Excited by the picks and why?
GM Spielman:
  • Record 62-48-2 (.559 winning %)
  • Playoffs 1-3
  • 7 years - reached playoffs 3 times.
  • Winner of the North 2 of last 4 years
Zimmer is 48-33-1
Billy Baroo

Re: Honest question to packer fans - how did you like round 1?

Post by Billy Baroo »

I think when you have a chance to draft the next Earl Thomas it's no big deal to give up 3 draft picks for him. Give up whatever is necessary to get him.

And so what if Gary's arm is in a Sling?
Go back to Wisconsin
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

Billy Baroo wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:20 am I think when you have a chance to draft the next Earl Thomas it's no big deal to give up 3 draft picks for him. Give up whatever is necessary to get him.

What?
GM Spielman:
  • Playoffs 1-3
Zimmer is 48-33-1
Billy Baroo

Post by Billy Baroo »

twgerber wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:13 am
Billy Baroo wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:20 am I think when you have a chance to draft the next Earl Thomas it's no big deal to give up 3 draft picks for him. Give up whatever is necessary to get him.

What?
The Internet says that Rashan Gary's middle name is Labrum
Go back to Wisconsin
laX

Post by laX »

hated it at first - ive come around to gary
loved the savage pick, glad they got a good interior ol in round 2
absolutely loved the sternberger pick
i was hoping to see some gifs of people shitting
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

I'd be pretty excited about the Gary pick if I were a Packer fan. The safety trade up seemed odd and bad value, but he does have a lot of explosiveness.

I don't know anything about the rest of their draft picks.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I don't like the Gary pick at all. I didn't like him in this draft period.

I like the safety they took. I don't know if they had to jump up for him though.

Second Rd Center was a very nice pick.

TE pick could be good.

Don't know shit about the rest.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

Honest to Packer fans, who had the better fist pick?
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
laX

Post by laX »

Qman65 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:16 pm Honest to Packer fans, who had the better fist pick?
which one and who are we comparing?
if its the pack vs vikings thing, i like both of the packers picks better than a center.
packfaninvikeland

Post by packfaninvikeland »

I'm just glad we are building what could be a respectable defense finally. If King can actually stay healthy our secondary might be very good. Still worried about LB's and Dline. Dont know much about the rest.
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

packfaninvikeland wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:53 pm I'm just glad we are building what could be a respectable defense finally. If King can actually stay healthy our secondary might be very good. Still worried about LB's and Dline. Dont know much about the rest.
Alot of what if's , we'll see how it works out in the future.
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

packfaninvikeland wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:53 pm I'm just glad we are building what could be a respectable defense finally. If King can actually stay healthy our secondary might be very good. Still worried about LB's and Dline. Dont know much about the rest.
Finally a reply from a packer fan.

Which picks for the packers do you like best? worst?
GM Spielman:
  • Playoffs 1-3
Zimmer is 48-33-1
laX

Post by laX »

last time the pack traded up to grab their 2nd 1st round pick they netted bj raji and clay.
packers, 2021 super bowl champs. book it
Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

11-5
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
Joe Bag 'O Donuts

Post by Joe Bag 'O Donuts »

JPM wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:05 pm11-5
Between 9-6-1 and 10-6.
"I can laugh at myself and have fun. I am a fun guy. And an extremely confident guy."
~Jtran
packfaninvikeland

twgerber wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:43 am

Savage, Williams, Keke seem like good pickups. Everyone is unsure about Gary right now it seems. The rest I have no idea. But at least the Packers I think are building depth and solid players on that defense and running game. We will see, but I dont think any Packer fan should be shamed for being optimistic about the future.
packfaninvikeland

Qman65 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:54 am
Alot of what if's , we'll see how it works out in the future.
You are right, but the Packers offseason has been good so far IMO
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

packfaninvikeland wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:55 am
twgerber wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:43 am

Savage, Williams, Keke seem like good pickups. Everyone is unsure about Gary right now it seems. The rest I have no idea. But at least the Packers I think are building depth and solid players on that defense and running game. We will see, but I dont think any Packer fan should be shamed for being optimistic about the future.
Fans should always be optimistic in the offseason. That's what it's about for fans. No shame here.
GM Spielman:
  • Playoffs 1-3
Zimmer is 48-33-1
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

laX wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:58 am last time the pack traded up to grab their 2nd 1st round pick they netted bj raji and clay.
As Brady and Brees got older their skills didn't diminish. Rodgers is getting older and the team isn't maintaining their success, how will it get better two years from now. Its obvious Rodgers can't carry his team like a Brees or Brady so hopefully the packers as a team VASTLY improves for his sake.
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
"I am all in for a 4th place finish."
packfaninvikeland

PurpleHaze wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:47 pm
laX wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:58 am last time the pack traded up to grab their 2nd 1st round pick they netted bj raji and clay.
As Brady and Brees got older their skills didn't diminish. Rodgers is getting older and the team isn't maintaining their success, how will it get better two years from now. Its obvious Rodgers can't carry his team like a Brees or Brady so hopefully the packers as a team VASTLY improves for his sake.
Brady has never won a SB without a top 10 defense. He plays in one of the weakest divisions over the past 15 years in the AFC, but ignore that..
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

packfaninvikeland wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:00 am
Brady has never won a SB without a top 10 defense. He plays in one of the weakest divisions over the past 15 years in the AFC, but ignore that..
Rodgers has never won a SB without a top 10 defense either so what's your point? Brady's playoff record is 28-10, Rodgers is 10-7 but we'll ignore that.

No offense but 20 years from now Rodgers won't and shouldn't be anywhere near Brady when it comes to the best QB of that era. Brady will go down as the greatest QB of ALL-TIME, Rodgers will be the 3rd or 4th best QB of his era, that's the difference between the two.
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
"I am all in for a 4th place finish."
packfaninvikeland

PurpleHaze wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:26 am

Rodgers has never won a SB without a top 10 defense either so what's your point? Brady's playoff record is 28-10, Rodgers is 10-7 but we'll ignore that.

No offense but 20 years from now Rodgers won't and shouldn't be anywhere near Brady when it comes to the best QB of that era. Brady will go down as the greatest QB of ALL-TIME, Rodgers will be the 3rd or 4th best QB of his era, that's the difference between the two.
Again, Brady has played in the weakest division in the AFC since he has been the starter. It's not just one factor, its a combo. Purple, you are actually one of the most fair people in Rubechat, stop playing stupid. You know what I am talking about.
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

packfaninvikeland wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:35 am Again, Brady has played in the weakest division in the AFC since he has been the starter.....
28-10 in the playoffs.

Did he play those games against AFC East?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

packfaninvikeland wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:35 am

Again, Brady has played in the weakest division in the AFC since he has been the starter. It's not just one factor, its a combo. Purple, you are actually one of the most fair people in Rubechat, stop playing stupid. You know what I am talking about.
Seriously?!? This your argument?

The North isn't a very good division most year's either. Is it better than the East, sure but the Bears, Vikings and Lions have not been that great other than a few year's in the last decade.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Billy Baroo

Post by Billy Baroo »

Billy Baroo wrote: And so what if Gary's arm is in a Sling?
:D
Go back to Wisconsin
packfaninvikeland

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:28 pm
packfaninvikeland wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:35 am

Seriously?!? This your argument?

The North isn't a very good division most year's either. Is it better than the East, sure but the Bears, Vikings and Lions have not been that great other than a few year's in the last decade.
You really want to compare the competitiveness of the AFC east to the NFC North over the past 20 years?? Really?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

They are SEETHING about Gary's arm in a sling!

Oh my!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
packfaninvikeland

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 8:28 pm They are SEETHING about Gary's arm in a sling!

Oh my!

He's wearing a brace, not a sling.
snicker

Post by snicker »

Billy Baroo wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:51 pm
Billy Baroo wrote: And so what if Gary's arm is in a Sling?
:D
Quoting your own post. How lame. Get a life.....