Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Sounds Like 12 ripping team apart?

vikesbumeout
***Official Gibby Award Winner - August 2018***

Sounds Like 12 ripping team apart?

Post by vikesbumeout »

Sounds like some people are sensitive to criticism inside the org and or on the team. Welcome to a long period of suck Packer fans.

Packers interim coach Joe Philbin fires longtime Mike McCarthy assistant Winston Moss after leadership tweet

Ponder this… what Championship teams have are great leadership! Period! It’s not the offensive guru trend, it’s not the safe trend. Find somebody that is going to hold #12 and everybody in this building to a #LombardiStandard! Period! #losingsucks!

— Winston Moss (@Insanecane99) December 4, 2018

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/packers-in ... 55874.html
Liberals are always so confident in their ideas until history meets up with them
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: Sounds Like 12 ripping team apart?

Post by minnemike »

Oh my.... Schism!
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

Bruce Arians tells Zach Gelb of CBS Sports Radio that the former Cardinals coach has no interest in replacing Mike McCarthy as head coach of the Packers.

“No, not at all,” Arians says in an interview that will air later tonight. “If I ever return to coaching it will only be in Cleveland.”

Reminded that the Packers job is a great job, Arians didn’t dispute that fact.

“Yeah, it is,” Arians said. “I have no desire to coach in Green Bay.”

Let that sink in. Cleveland is a more desirable landing spot than Green Bay. Cleveland.

X4 already has Nick Saban penciled in with Mike Pettine as DC, and whichever hotshot up and coming OC Nick desires. :shrug:
Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

-Jaymo- wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:35 am

Let that sink in. Cleveland is a more desirable landing spot than Green Bay. Cleveland.

Your dumbness is astounding.

He said it would ONLY be Cleveland, not it would never be GB.

That means it would also be Cleveland over mn. Let that sink in.

How do you get by on a daily basis? Do people hold your hand?
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

“I have no desire to coach in Green Bay.”
Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

“If I ever return to coaching it will only be in Cleveland.”

Let that sink in.

(For the hearing impaired or mentally challenged.)

“I have no desire to coach anywhere, but Cleveland.”

Let that sink in...
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

:lol:

Not sinking in.

He's too stubborn to admit defeat or it's just too far over his head.
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

Yes, I think Rodgers is arrogant but I am a big fan of his (and I'm a Vikings fan. I also liked Sweetness and Barry so clearly, I can separate liking a player and wanted that player's team to lose.)

Because there is not a specific owner, the Packers leadership is muddled. McCarthy should have been fired a while ago and likely would have if it was a normal owner structure.

Could you imagine if the Vikings had Rodgers and ownership spent his prime being cheap and always looking to keep drafting young talent but never really giving him the support that he needed. In a way they are like the Twins in the 2000s. They always wanted to put together a division winner but never took the dive to get a great supporting cast around Rodgers.

While it is true that almost no team wins the SB while paying a franchise QB (Brady isn't paid top dollar yet and other SB winners won with a QB on their first contract), I think they could have done better by Rodgers but didn't because they had Rodgers.

In a way, it's like LeBron in Cleveland. He was so good that they put nobody around him. Even then, he could produce but never be great (luckily they played in the East).

Rodgers is 34. He is still great but he is not as great as he was a 30. He doesn't bounce back from injury as well. Father time is undefeated. Don't get me wrong. He is still great but he isn't what he once was.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Schism!
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

-Jaymo- wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:31 am “I have no desire to coach in Green Bay.”
Let that sink in Chuck North.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Da Gas Man wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:48 am Yes, I think Rodgers is arrogant but I am a big fan of his (and I'm a Vikings fan. I also liked Sweetness and Barry so clearly, I can separate liking a player and wanted that player's team to lose.)

Because there is not a specific owner, the Packers leadership is muddled. McCarthy should have been fired a while ago and likely would have if it was a normal owner structure.

Could you imagine if the Vikings had Rodgers and ownership spent his prime being cheap and always looking to keep drafting young talent but never really giving him the support that he needed. In a way they are like the Twins in the 2000s. They always wanted to put together a division winner but never took the dive to get a great supporting cast around Rodgers.

While it is true that almost no team wins the SB while paying a franchise QB (Brady isn't paid top dollar yet and other SB winners won with a QB on their first contract), I think they could have done better by Rodgers but didn't because they had Rodgers.

In a way, it's like LeBron in Cleveland. He was so good that they put nobody around him. Even then, he could produce but never be great (luckily they played in the East).

Rodgers is 34. He is still great but he is not as great as he was a 30. He doesn't bounce back from injury as well. Father time is undefeated. Don't get me wrong. He is still great but he isn't what he once was.
I loved Favre. He was probably as fun a player to go up against and I loved having him as a rival.
Sweetness and Barry are also great examples of this.

I just don't think of Rodgers like this. He's the kind of me first, arrogant person that I don't respect.
His selfishness and complete lack of leadership ruined the Packers for almost a decade now.
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

Chuck North wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:30 am

Let that sink in.

Let that sink in...
What if he was only considering likely open coaching spots to land?

Oh nooooooes!!!!
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

Chuck North wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:34 am :lol:

Not sinking in.

What defeat?

When the Vikings have a head coaching vacancy, and a head coach states “I have no desire to coach in Minnesota” then you will have a point.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Da Gas Man wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:48 am Yes, I think Rodgers is arrogant but I am a big fan of his (and I'm a Vikings fan. I also liked Sweetness and Barry so clearly, I can separate liking a player and wanted that player's team to lose.)

Rodgers is 35.... :naners:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

-Jaymo- wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:53 pm
Chuck North wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:34 am :lol:

Not sinking in.

What defeat?

When the Vikings have a head coaching vacancy, and a head coach states “I have no desire to coach in Minnesota” then you will have a point.

No need for that. He already covered it with one statement.

:lol:

This thread had some traction before Jaymo came and f'cked it up.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

-Jaymo- wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:35 am Bruce Arians tells Zach Gelb of CBS Sports Radio that the former Cardinals coach has no interest in replacing Mike McCarthy as head coach of the Packers.

“No, not at all,” Arians says in an interview that will air later tonight. “If I ever return to coaching it will only be in Cleveland.”

Reminded that the Packers job is a great job, Arians didn’t dispute that fact.

“Yeah, it is,” Arians said. “I have no desire to coach in Green Bay.”

X4 already has Nick Saban penciled in with Mike Pettine as DC, and whichever hotshot up and coming OC Nick desires. :shrug:
Cleveland actually has WAY more young, exciting talent on their roster and a QB on his rookie deal. Not surprising he would pick Cleveland over Green Bay.
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:12 pm Cleveland actually has WAY more young, exciting talent on their roster and a QB on his rookie deal. Not surprising he would pick Cleveland over Green Bay.
Oh, I agree. With everything.
Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

minnemike wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:39 pm

Let that sink in.

Let that sink in...

Oh nooooooes!!!!

Pretty sure he said, "If I ever.." as in EVER.

Look at Jaymo go though. Lol
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Ouch!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

Tube!
Winston

Post by Winston »

It's OK, I'll get another job.
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

Chuck North wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:18 pm
minnemike wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:39 pm

Let that sink in...

Oh nooooooes!!!!

Pretty sure he said, "If I ever.." as in EVER.

Look at Jaymo go though. Lol
You have to apply context. Look at both Cleveland and GB, both have coaching vacancies. One team has a hall of fame QB, two first round picks But has a sub-par roster. The other has a young up and coming QB with a lot of young talent on both sides of the ball. He's basically saying that at this point in his life for it to be worthwhile he would rather roll with Cleveland over Rodgers. Who knows what he would say if any HC position became available such as Minnesota or Houston (not likely unless Houston somehow doesn't make the playoffs)
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
"I am all in for a 4th place finish."
Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

Chuck North wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:00 am “If I ever return to coaching it will only be in Cleveland.”

“Excuse me, Bruce! Bruce! Mark Rosen here, why only Cleveland?”

Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

Except, that's not how it went down.

He covered all the bases in his statement. Then he was asked specifically about GB.

You could fill in the blank with all the other 31 teams at that point.

But, since the viklings suck, I know this is your Super Bowl. Carry on.
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

Chuck North wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:07 am You could fill in the blank with all the other 31 teams at that point.
Did he say he “had no desire” to coach any other 4-7-1 teams, or just the packers?
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

Chuck North wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:07 am Except, that's not how it went down.

He covered all the bases in his statement. Then he was asked specifically about GB.

You could fill in the blank with all the other 31 teams at that point.

But, since the viklings suck, I know this is your Super Bowl. Carry on.
The thing you obviously don't get is you can't fill in the other 31 teams, unless you're purposely being an ignorant moron.

Bill Belichick is forced to retire due to health complications, I HIGHLY doubt he would say that he has no interest in the NE gig.

GB isn't this highly sought after HC position like you think it is. Just too narcissistic to see the reality of it. But hey it's entertaining!!!!
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
"I am all in for a 4th place finish."
Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

-Jaymo- wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:34 am
Chuck North wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:07 am You could fill in the blank with all the other 31 teams at that point.
Did he say he “had no desire” to coach any other 4-7-1 teams, or just the packers?

Pretty much, when he said,

"If I EVER return to coaching it will ONLY be in Cleveland."

That's pretty clear he only has a desire for one team.

Do you wear a helmet?
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

Chuck North wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:00 am
-Jaymo- wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:34 am

Pretty much, when he said,

"If I EVER return to coaching it will ONLY be in Cleveland."

That's pretty clear he only has a desire for one team.

Do you wear a helmet?
So that’s a “no”?

Ok.