Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Chuck?

-Jaymo-

Re: Chuck?

Post by -Jaymo- »

Yep. How many times have we read this (We have a defense!) story?

I’m sure somebody will need to explain it to Chuckles.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Chuck?
Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

Herky?
Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

-Jaymo- wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:56 am Have we already moved on from touting the leagues 24th ranked defense?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... 447263-n=1

How's this thread work'en out for ya?
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

Chuck North wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:35 am How's this thread work'en out for ya?
workin’

Just fine.

By the end of the year, we’ll just combine it with your other “We have a defense!” threads.
Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

Workin' about as well as your Full Blown Espionage!!! thread.
tbgh

Post by tbgh »

packfaninvikeland wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:43 am
Chuck North wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:48 pm Image

Going into WEEK 6!

:lol:
But But.. The Packers have a terrible roster.. Image
So you quit watching the pack last season after arod went down?
Put 'er in the ole vise.
packfaninvikeland

Post by packfaninvikeland »

tbgh wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:09 pm
Watched every game last season, it was pretty bad. Pretty sure Chuck was showing the standings of this year though. Which are improved. There is room for optimism with the Packers D for the first time in about 5 seasons. I believe our D will only get better in the next few seasons if Pettine can establish a solid scheme here. We are still an average team at best atm. I get that.
tbgh

Post by tbgh »

packfaninvikeland wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:14 am
tbgh wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:09 pm
Watched every game last season, it was pretty bad. Pretty sure Chuck was showing the standings of this year though. Which are improved. There is room for optimism with the Packers D for the first time in about 5 seasons. I believe our D will only get better in the next few seasons if Pettine can establish a solid scheme here. We are still an average team at best atm. I get that.

Then why are you trash talking about the roster?
Put 'er in the ole vise.
Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

tbgh wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:16 am

Because you guys started it. Because you couldn't brag about on field post season success, so you always divert to the roster arguement that your roster is soooo much better than the Pack. Not even close they say.

Well look at things now. Your d has been playing like shit for a while now compared to what it was supposed to be. And the Pack rank quite a bit higher. But, the rosters are not even close right?

So which is it? They're closer than you think or your players aren't as good as you thought?

Or maybe they're under achieving? Choking or un motivated? Or is it Zims fault?

Which is it if the roster is soooooo much better?
tbgh

Post by tbgh »

Chuck North wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:24 am

Because you guys started it. Because you couldn't brag about on field post season success, so you always divert to the roster arguement that your roster is soooo much better than the Pack. Not even close they say.

Well look at things now. Your d has been playing like shit for a while now compared to what it was supposed to be. And the Pack rank quite a bit higher. But, the rosters are not even close right?

So which is it? They're closer than you think or your players aren't as good as you thought?

I’ve never wavered. The Viking roster is far superior to the packer roster. I watched last season the pack is terrible except for arod who is great.

I know packer fans like to crown champs after five games every year. In this case call the Viking season a failure but there is a lot of season left. I think the vikes will figure it out. But not having everson is gonna hurt bad. He’s a major reason the vikes overall are better than the pack. But that’s life. If the vikes don’t get going it’s a problem because they should be decent even without ev.

I don’t think packer fans would be wise to trash on the vikes fans takes about the roster. But I don’t think half of what you guys do is wise. In the end we will see. But the reason the pack is even close to the vikes is because of one player. That’s it one guy. And if he were to go down that’d be it for the pack. We all know it.

When the vikes qb goes down then the next one goes down we have seen that it doesn’t really matter. The roster overall is good enough to soldier on. If you don’t agree with that then you’re dumber than I thought. As dumb as synikin.

But to even bring up the roster is not smart imo.
Put 'er in the ole vise.
Bogey Bob

Post by Bogey Bob »

Another angsty Packer fan. :lol:
Bogey Bob

Post by Bogey Bob »

tbgh wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:25 am

I’ve never wavered. The Viking roster is far superior to the packer roster. I watched last season the pack is terrible except for arod who is great.

I know packer fans like to crown champs after five games every year. In this case call the Viking season a failure but there is a lot of season left. I think the vikes will figure it out. But not having everson is gonna hurt bad. He’s a major reason the vikes overall are better than the pack. But that’s life. If the vikes don’t get going it’s a problem because they should be decent even without ev.

I don’t think packer fans would be wise to trash on the vikes fans takes about the roster. But I don’t think half of what you guys do is wise. In the end we will see. But the reason the pack is even close to the vikes is because of one player. That’s it one guy. And if he were to go down that’d be it for the pack. We all know it.

When the vikes qb goes down then the next one goes down we have seen that it doesn’t really matter. The roster overall is good enough to soldier on. If you don’t agree with that then you’re dumber than I thought. As dumb as synikin.

And why does Chuck gloss over the offensive side of the roster? Does that not count now that the Vikings O has really caught up to that vaunted Packer O? Weird...
Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

Because of Jaymo's, "that defense though" comments.

Try to follow along.
Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

Of course it's a long season. Of course you're not going to finish 21st in defense. Of course we're not going to finish 4th.

But, right now it's funny as hell.

The other thing that's funny? That because of your continued failures and under achievements on the field in the post season, all you have to hang your hat on is roster talk.

Better roster and pro bowl players. What has it gotten you so far?

Nanner nanner, our roster is better? It's not even close? Well what has it gotten you to this point? And how much better could it actually be to get smoked at home vs the Bill's? That's a classic vikling loss right there.

If your roster is that much better, then are your players just unmotivated talented losers? Is it the coach?
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

packfaninvikeland wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:14 amPretty sure Chuck was showing the standings of this year though. Which are improved.
Are you pretty sure? I mean, you can take a look at this exact same post, from damned near exactly a year ago, and see that’s not the case.

http://forum.mnrubecentral.com/viewtopi ... 8&start=30
tbgh

Post by tbgh »

Chuck North wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:24 am

Of course it's a long season. Of course you're not going to finish 21st in defense. Of course we're not going to finish 4th.

But, right now it's funny as hell.

The other thing that's funny? That because of your continued failures and under achievements on the field in the post season, all you have to hang your hat on is roster talk.

Better roster and pro bowl players. What has it gotten you so far?

Nanner nanner, our roster is better? It's not even close? Well what has it gotten you to this point? And how much better could it actually be to get smoked at home vs the Bill's? That's a classic vikling loss right there.

If your roster is that much better, then are your players just unmotivated talented losers? Is it the coach?
Am I supposed to apologize for gasp! talking football in here?

Also The Viking roster isn’t much better in the league chuck. But they are much better than the packers. Is that so hard to understand?
Put 'er in the ole vise.
Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

Can you post the trophy they give for that?

So your side has been reduced to, we can't win when favored in the post season and we lost at home to Buffalo, but nanner nanner our roster is better than the Packers?

SKOAL!!
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

Chuck North wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:04 pm So your side has been reduced to, we can't win when favored in the post season and we lost at home to Buffalo, but nanner nanner our roster is better than the Packers?

SKOAL!!
As opposed to, you know, posting defensive rankings from week five.

Have they handed out a trophy for that?
Bogey Bob

Post by Bogey Bob »

-Jaymo- wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:35 pm
Chuck North wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:04 pm So your side has been reduced to, we can't win when favored in the post season and we lost at home to Buffalo, but nanner nanner our roster is better than the Packers?

SKOAL!!

Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

-Jaymo- wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:35 pm

SKOAL!!

IDK, you might want to check who started this thread.

What a maroon.
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

Chuck North wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:52 pm IDK, you might want to check who started this thread.

What a maroon.
Go on........

http://forum.mnrubecentral.com/viewtopi ... 36&t=13585
tbgh

Post by tbgh »

Chuck North wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:04 pm Can you post the trophy they give for that?

So your side has been reduced to, we can't win when favored in the post season and we lost at home to Buffalo, but nanner nanner our roster is better than the Packers?

SKOAL!!
So you don’t like when we have football talk?
I’m not surprised.

You should make a thread about your favorite color next.
Put 'er in the ole vise.
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

Chuck North wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:07 am Our defense is being groomed for the playoffs.

The purple like to focus on the regular season and winning as many preseason games as possible.

Apparently.
No sniff of post season since? :roll:
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
A Kickass Offense

Post by A Kickass Offense »

Going into WEEK 6!

With a full season nearly in the books can we get an update from Chuck?

Hint: Vikings are in the top 5, but Chuck couldn't help himself, bought the fools gold that he himself was selling, and blew his load on a very small sample size.
Bogey Bob

Post by Bogey Bob »

A Kickass Offense wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:07 pm

Going into WEEK 6!

With a full season nearly in the books can we get an update from Chuck?

Hint: Vikings are in the top 5, but Chuck couldn't help himself, bought the fools gold that he himself was selling, and blew his load on a very small sample size.
I guess when Chuck said the Packer D was being groomed for the playoffs he should have clarified which season?

salamander

Post by salamander »

Going into WEEK 6!

So you're saying the problem is offense?
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

Going into WEEK 6!

Still laughing dickwad? The Packers do have a terrible roster. It's taken a Hall of Fame QB just to get them to five wins through 14 games. It's an atrocious reflection on the rest of the roster, it just is. When are fools like you and Chuck going to accept reality?
salamander

Post by salamander »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:09 pm

Going into WEEK 6!

Still laughing dickwad? The Packers do have a terrible roster. It's taken a Hall of Fame QB just to get them to five wins through 14 games. It's an atrocious reflection on the rest of the roster, it just is. When are fools like you and Chuck going to accept reality?
What's sad is Peyton Manning with an equally terrible roster could get his team to at least 12 wins and/or into the playoffs constantly.
Aaron Rodgers can not.

P Manning > A. Rodgers. At this point you could even say E. Manning is more accomplished than A. Rodgers.
No one would say E. Manning is a top 10 all time QB would they? I don't think so.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
packfaninvikeland

Post by packfaninvikeland »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:09 pm
[/quote]

Um yep. I am still laughing at you dolts. You guys cry and complain when we bump old threads, but of course, how convenient its ok when you guys do it. Adding to your 3 new threads a week saying the same corny old shit you guys say every week. So yea, I still laugh at you.

That being said, we are a year removed from getting rid of our DC, and a handful of other roster changes and staff. I dont think our roster is shit at all, I think its below average. I'd like to see what a healthy Packers team can do. Enjoy the Packers reloading struggling period, it wont last long. :beer: