Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Book "Journeys out of the Body"

Werney

Book "Journeys out of the Body"

Post by Werney »

I just got done reading a book called "Journeys out of the Body" by a guy named Robert Monroe. Going into it, I was worried it may be a bunch of BS. Really though, it was a cool little investigation into consciousness and dreams. Monroe claims to have had several out-of-the-body experiences and details them in the book. He discussed and was studied by mental health professionals, and a psychiatrist wrote an afterword to the book about an EEG he did on Monroe.

I recommend the book to anyone interested in consciousness.
LordNu

Re: Book "Journeys out of the Body"

Post by LordNu »

Werney wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:46 pm I just got done reading a book called "Journeys out of the Body" by a guy named Robert Monroe. Going into it, I was worried it may be a bunch of BS. Really though, it was a cool little investigation into consciousness and dreams. Monroe claims to have had several out-of-the-body experiences and details them in the book. He discussed and was studied by mental health professionals, and a psychiatrist wrote an afterword to the book about an EEG he did on Monroe.

I recommend the book to anyone interested in consciousness.
I'll give it a look, sounds intriguing! :thumbsup:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

any more information on this book? the library doesn't have a copy of it.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

weimy froob wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:22 am any more information on this book? the library doesn't have a copy of it.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Jimtown guy wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:30 pm
weimy froob wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:22 am any more information on this book? the library doesn't have a copy of it.
i just wonder how legit this book is if the library doesn't carry it.