Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Quotes from the greatest minds

weimy froob

Re: Quotes from the greatest minds

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

"if, after all, men cannot always make history have a meaning, they can always act so that their own lives have one."- albert camus

"the brave man carves out his fortune, and every man is the sum of his own works."- miguel de cervantes

"destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice."- william jennings bryan

"the people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them."
- george bernard shaw
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

"we have not passed that subtle line between childhood and adulthood until...we have stopped saying 'it got lost,' and say 'i lost it.' "- sydney j. harris

"the fault, dear brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves."- william shakespeare
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

"if your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it."- jonathan winters

"never grow a wishbone where your backbone ought to be."- clementine paddleford

"the best and most efficient pharmacy is within your own system."- robert c. pearle, M.D.

"i am the master of my fate; i am the captain of my soul."- william ernest henley
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

on to a new chapter: simplicity.

"simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."- leonardo da vinci

"simplicity and naturalness are the truest marks of distinction."- w. somerset maugham

"the trouble about man is twofold. he cannot learn truths which are too complicated; he forgets truths which are too simple."- dame rebecca west

"to be simple is the best thing in the world."- g.k. chesterton

"everything should be made as simple as possible...but not simpler."- albert einstein
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Simply truth.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

"i know only that what is moral is what you feel good after and what is immoral is what you feel bad after."- ernest hemingway

"there is no hunting like the hunting of man."- ernest hemingway
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

"eat when you're hungry. drink when you're thirsty. sleep when you're tired."- buddhist proverb

"i have a simple philosophy. fill what's empty. empty what's full. scratch where it itches."- alice roosevelt longworth

manifest plainness,
embrace simplicity,
reduce selfishness,
have few desires.
- lao-tzu

"keep breathing."- sophie tucker
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

life is not complex. we are complex. life is simple, and the simple thing is the right thing."- oscar wilde

"making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity."- charles mingus

"the whole is simpler than the sum of its parts."- willard gibbs

"the course of every intellectual, if he pursues his journey long and unflinchingly enough, ends in the obvious, from which the non-intellectuals have never stirred."- aldous huxley :thumbsup:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

"the wisdom of life consists in the elimination of the non-essentials."- lin yutang

"the sculptor produces the beautiful statue by chipping away such parts of the marble block as are not needed--it is a process of elimination."
- elbert hubbard

"there is no greatness where there is not simplicity."- leo tolstoy
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

"all animals except man know that the ultimate of life is to enjoy it."- samuel butler

"there is no cure for birth or death save to enjoy the interval."- george santayana
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

"all the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom; justice; honor; duty; mercy; hope.- sir winston churchill

"the greatest truths are the simplest, and so are the greatest men."- julius charles hare
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

"the great artist and thinker are the simplifiers."- henri frederic amiel

"the obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply."- kahlil gibran

"the simplest things give me ideas."- joan miro

"simple truths are a relief from grand speculations."- vauvenargues
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

"nothing is worth more than this day."- johann von goethe

"if we only knew the real value of a day."- joseph farrell

"live mindful of how brief your life is."- horace

"while we live, let us live."- d.h. lawrence
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

"no objects of value...are worth risking the priceless experience of waking up one more day."- jack smith

"write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."- ralph waldo emerson

"your daily life is your temple and your religion."- kahlil gibran
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

weimy froob wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:11 am "no objects of value...are worth risking the priceless experience of waking up one more day."- jack smith

"write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."- ralph waldo emerson

"your daily life is your temple and your religion."- kahlil gibran
Nice :thumbsup:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

"know the true value of time; snatch, seize, and enjoy every moment of it. no idleness, no laziness, no procrastination: never put off till tomorrow what you can do today."- lord chesterfield

"all my possessions for a moment of time."- queen elizabeth the first

"pick my left pocket of its silver dime, but spare the right--it holds my golden time!" oliver wendall holmes

"minutes are worth more than money. spend them wisely."- thomas p. murphy

"every minute of life carries with it its miraculous value, and its face of eternal youth."- albert camus
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

"dollars cannot buy yesterday."- admiral harold r stark

"you may ask me for anything you like except time."- napoleon bonaparte

"love and time--those are the only two things in all the world and all of life that cannot be bought, but only spent."- gary jennings

"the great rule of moral conduct is, next to God, to respect Time."- johann kaspar lavater
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

"the ability to concentrate and to use time well is everything."- lee iacocca

"you may delay, but time will not."- ben franklin

"the highest value in life is found in the stewardship of time."- robert m. fine
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

"i wish i could stand on a busy corner, hat in hand, and beg people to throw me all their wasted hours."- bernard berenson

"wasted time means wasted lives."- r. shannon

"i wasted time, and now doth time waste me."- william shakespeare

"modern man thinks he loses something--time--when he does not do things quickly. yet he does not know what to do with the time he gains--except kill it."- erich fromm

"a man who dares to waste one hour of life has not discovered the value of life."- charles darwin
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

"curse ruthless time! curse our mortality. how cruelly short is the allotted span for all we must cram into it!"- sir winston churchill

"there is a time for work. and a time for love. that leaves no other time."- coco chanel

"you will never 'find' time for anything. if you want time you must make it."- charles buxton

"i still find each day too short for all the thoughts i want to think, all the walks i want to take, all the books i want to read, and all the friends i want to see."- john burroughs
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

"much may be done in those little shreds and patches of time which every day produces, and which most men throw away."- charles caleb colton

"learn to use ten minutes intelligently. it will pay you huge dividends."- william a. irwin

"it is better to do the most trifling thing in the world than to regard half an hour as trifle." johann von goethe

"the butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough."- rabindranath tagore
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

weimy froob wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:00 pm
"it is better to do the most trifling thing in the world than to regard half an hour as trifle." johann von goethe
This, I need to live by this.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

LordNu wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:43 pm
i've personally been really enjoying these last couple of chapters. these time quotes are hitting the spot. :coolio:
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

weimy froob wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:12 am
LordNu wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:43 pm
i've personally been really enjoying these last couple of chapters. these time quotes are hitting the spot. :coolio:
I look at your daily posts of quotes and find they hit the spots most days. But you're right, the time ones are precious.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

"that man is happiest who lives from day to day and asks no more, garnering the simple goodness of life."- euripides

"it is only possible to live happily-ever-after on a day-to-day basis."- margaret bonnano

"happiness is to be found along the way, not at the end of the road, for then the journey is over and it is too late."- robert r. updegraff

"if you observe a really happy man, you fill find...that he is happy in the course of living life twenty-four crowded hours each day._ w. beran wolfe
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

"add each day something to fortify yourself against poverty and death."- marcus annaeus seneca

"make it a point to do something every day that you don't want to do. this is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain."
- mark twain

"realize life as an end in itself. functioning is all there is."- oliver wendell holmes, jr.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

"showing up is 80 percent of life."- woody allen

"follow your bliss."- joseph campbell

"resolve to edge in a little reading every day."- horace mann