Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

An afterlife

Douglas Bubbletrousers
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2018, June 2019***

An afterlife

Post by Douglas Bubbletrousers »

I know 100% that one exists. I haven't the foggiest idea what it looks like or how it is experienced, though.
I don't give a fig for the simplicity on this side of complexity, but I would die for the simplicity on the other side of complexity.
weimy froob

Re: An afterlife

Post by weimy froob »

Douglas Bubbletrousers wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:50 pm I know 100% that one exists. I haven't the foggiest idea what it looks like or how it is experienced, though.
that makes me feel better. i have to admit that sometimes i find myself doubting. do you think we're going to be able to meet with our loved ones? i need to make an amend. do you think i'll have to make an amend-or will everything be understood when we're on the other side of the jordan?
Douglas Bubbletrousers

weimy froob wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:59 am
Douglas Bubbletrousers wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:50 pm I know 100% that one exists. I haven't the foggiest idea what it looks like or how it is experienced, though.
that makes me feel better. i have to admit that sometimes i find myself doubting. do you think we're going to be able to meet with our loved ones? i need to make an amend. do you think i'll have to make an amend-or will everything be understood when we're on the other side of the jordan?
I'm not sure it's possible to fathom what consciousness will be like then. My thoughts are that whatever happens here on Earth is of little consequence in the broad scheme of things. If our existence here is by intelligent design, I can't help but think that the Creator's whole point in us being here is to learn a single, great truth; and that the cap for that learning process can only be realized upon dying. Then once our learning here is complete, we are ready for whatever more meaningful existence lies beyond.
I don't give a fig for the simplicity on this side of complexity, but I would die for the simplicity on the other side of complexity.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Douglas Bubbletrousers wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:38 am
I'm not sure it's possible to fathom what consciousness will be like then. My thoughts are that whatever happens here on Earth is of little consequence in the broad scheme of things. If our existence here is by intelligent design, I can't help but think that the Creator's whole point in us being here is to learn a single, great truth; and that the cap for that learning process can only be realized upon dying. Then once our learning here is complete, we are ready for whatever more meaningful existence lies beyond.
so the amend would be superfluous in your opinion?
Douglas Bubbletrousers

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Douglas Bubbletrousers wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:48 am
déjà vu discussion?
Douglas Bubbletrousers

weimy froob wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:39 am

To me it would be. I think what actually matters is that you have the genuine intent to make amends, and it seems like you have learned the lesson you needed to learn from it.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Douglas Bubbletrousers wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:12 am

To me it would be. I think what actually matters is that you have the genuine intent to make amends, and it seems like you have learned the lesson you needed to learn from it.
that's how i've felt for awhile to be honest. if-when i meet the other folks i think all would be understood. i still would like to say i'm sorry though. do you think that the victims of nazi atrocities are going to move on from their terrible deaths if-when they ran into all those responsible?
Douglas Bubbletrousers

weimy froob wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:15 am
Douglas Bubbletrousers wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:12 am

that's how i've felt for awhile to be honest. if-when i meet the other folks i think all would be understood. i still would like to say i'm sorry though. do you think that the victims of nazi atrocities are going to move on from their terrible deaths if-when they ran into all those responsible?
Those types of questions seem to be the hardest to find a reasonable answer for!
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

What if this is our after life? Our heaven our hell our purgatory.

The great questions without answers, means we simply must find what makes sense to our self.

I admire those who are 100% positive of outcomes, for i am not. I dont have any reservations to judge if its educated or nieve. I honor that they are at peace with their choice. Even at times if i debate let it be known its for advancement of ideas, not a crux upon another mans choice.

I do believe our minds are extremely powerful, we use so little, if we used half the power within it, we would have god like abilities. Does that make us all gods? Did one human long ago have this ability and created it? Was it aliens, are we the aliens and needed to seed a new planet? Is it a computer sim? Or do we just become dirt in the ground?

Personally i dont think we are the only intelligent beings in this universe certainly not in a multiverse. Just out the vastness and opportunity.
Tho i also think because of our brains capacity an afterlife is very possible. A trigger if you will somewhere deep in the brain to move our concessness or soul elsewhere.
Im not hung up on rules, love philosophy and history. Ive shared these thought with archbishop flynn long ago when i was involved in the archdiocese as a teenager. I argued what many had called blastophmy when i would say that things didnt add up and make sense when discussed in groups, like why we would go to heaven, but someone of a different faith and a wonderful person would get rejected for worshiping the wrong god, or no god. Or when i would ask about other solar messiahs and the pairity between it all. Or the mix of pagan. And all the results prior to Jesus. Archbishop Flynn begged me to join the cemminarian and promised his staff and envisioned it.
My point i guess is that its perfectly reasonable and ok to venture and harbor different ideals, thoughts and beliefs. How ever one ties so long as youve lived your life with a moral compass without harming others.

As for just afterlife thought; I really liked the picture painted of heaven in the movie What Dreams may Come with Robin Williams. I like to think it was like that mostly. Im still not sold on the iron fist of a benevolent god to have purgatory for those who choose their time instead of gods choosing.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

mglviks wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:25 am What if this is our after life? Our heaven our hell our purgatory.

The great questions without answers, means we simply must find what makes sense to our self.

I admire those who are 100% positive of outcomes, for i am not. I dont have any reservations to judge if its educated or nieve. I honor that they are at peace with their choice. Even at times if i debate let it be known its for advancement of ideas, not a crux upon another mans choice.

I do believe our minds are extremely powerful, we use so little, if we used half the power within it, we would have god like abilities. Does that make us all gods? Did one human long ago have this ability and created it? Was it aliens, are we the aliens and needed to seed a new planet? Is it a computer sim? Or do we just become dirt in the ground?

Personally i dont think we are the only intelligent beings in this universe certainly not in a multiverse. Just out the vastness and opportunity.
Tho i also think because of our brains capacity an afterlife is very possible. A trigger if you will somewhere deep in the brain to move our concessness or soul elsewhere.
Im not hung up on rules, love philosophy and history. Ive shared these thought with archbishop flynn long ago when i was involved in the archdiocese as a teenager. I argued what many had called blastophmy when i would say that things didnt add up and make sense when discussed in groups, like why we would go to heaven, but someone of a different faith and a wonderful person would get rejected for worshiping the wrong god, or no god. Or when i would ask about other solar messiahs and the pairity between it all. Or the mix of pagan. And all the results prior to Jesus. Archbishop Flynn begged me to join the cemminarian and promised his staff and envisioned it.
My point i guess is that its perfectly reasonable and ok to venture and harbor different ideals, thoughts and beliefs. How ever one ties so long as youve lived your life with a moral compass without harming others.

As for just afterlife thought; I really liked the picture painted of heaven in the movie What Dreams may Come with Robin Williams. I like to think it was like that mostly. Im still not sold on the iron fist of a benevolent god to have purgatory for those who choose their time instead of gods choosing.
if there's a better world coming after we die-does it really matter how we die? or if you have killed? unless you believe in a world that might not be better in the afterlife. like if there's hell. who believes in hell?
Douglas Bubbletrousers

weimy froob wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:14 am
mglviks wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:25 am What if this is our after life? Our heaven our hell our purgatory.

if there's a better world coming after we die-does it really matter how we die? or if you have killed? unless you believe in a world that might not be better in the afterlife. like if there's hell. who believes in hell?
I read a book (by a religious psychiatrist) who discussed and idea that hell isn't some permanent place of punishment where bad people go when they die, but more a nonpermanent state your spirit/soul can be in even when you are alive as well as dead.
His views on life and death were interesting since he was a brilliant psychiatrist before he got into writing about the big issues. He viewed our earthly life as a sort of spiritual "training ground" before we depart.
Verle

Post by Verle »

As Star Trek has taught us, Earth and Earthlings are nothing but the playthings of a spoiled alien brat.
Retreat but never cower
Hey good lookin' we'll be back to pick you up later!
I like to get out and dance, and just take over the nightclub. T.J.
Slaying quality Anoka puss on the reg.
Douglas Bubbletrousers

Verle wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:29 pm As Star Trek has taught us, Earth and Earthlings are nothing but the playthings of a spoiled alien brat.
:lol:

At least the brat's parents made him be nice to us!
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

No afterlife, we are a collection of electrons, protons and neutrons and once it's over, it's over. So live in the moment, stop watching concerts through your stupid fucking phones!