Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

A one-way passage through life

Douglas Bubbletrousers
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2018, June 2019***

A one-way passage through life

Post by Douglas Bubbletrousers »

So is time a one-way street? When we live our lives, it sure seems we are living through the years in an irreversible direction from unborn, to young, to middle age, to old, to dead. Is this proof that time only moves forward? Why is it that we go through life on a one-way street in terms of time and aging?
I don't give a fig for the simplicity on this side of complexity, but I would die for the simplicity on the other side of complexity.
weimy froob

Re: A one-way passage through life

Post by weimy froob »

1 Corinthians 13:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

all things will be known to us once we cross over the jordan. for now we see many things as through a glass darkly. i'd say that the answer will become clearer to those still here on earth when we begin to time travel. a few years away yet it seems.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

time-it's just relentless. i can't believe how fast this last week went by. and that's on top of all the other weeks.
Dallas from Austin

Post by Dallas from Austin »

I watched a documentary about time once but can't remember anything from it, except that there's an institution that studies time.