Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Some decent boxing this weekend!

Douglas Bubbletrousers
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2018, June 2019***

Some decent boxing this weekend!

Post by Douglas Bubbletrousers »

I think there's a Fox and Showtime card!

The Fox is "Vicious" Victor Ortiz vs Devon Alexander, two "has-beens" but are still plenty young!

Then Showtime is Danny Garcia vs Brandon Rios. I'm a Garcia hater so am hoping Rios can somehow pull the upset!
I don't give a fig for the simplicity on this side of complexity, but I would die for the simplicity on the other side of complexity.
Douglas Bubbletrousers

Re: Some decent boxing this weekend!

Oh and George Groves fights Eubank Jr in the WBSS!!
I don't give a fig for the simplicity on this side of complexity, but I would die for the simplicity on the other side of complexity.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Douglas Bubbletrousers wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:28 pm I think there's a Fox and Showtime card!

The Fox is "Vicious" Victor Ortiz vs Devon Alexander, two "has-beens" but are still plenty young!

Then Showtime is Danny Garcia vs Brandon Rios. I'm a Garcia hater so am hoping Rios can somehow pull the upset!
I hope Garcia gets dumped too. Overrated as it gets! I expect him to win in a boring fight but I will be watching.

How do you watch the Eubank fight? That's all on international ppv and all that jazz.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

I'll have the fox card on but neither fighter does anything for me there.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Douglas Bubbletrousers

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:12 pm I'll have the fox card on but neither fighter does anything for me there.

Haha I have a soft sport for Vicious Victor! People make a joke out of him at this point, but he's a fun personality even though his best years are behind him!

That Eubank vs Groves fight could be really good so it's a bummer the WBSS isn't on TV at all!
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Douglas Bubbletrousers wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:27 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:12 pm I'll have the fox card on but neither fighter does anything for me there.

Haha I have a soft sport for Vicious Victor! People make a joke out of him at this point, but he's a fun personality even though his best years are behind him!

That Eubank vs Groves fight could be really good so it's a bummer the WBSS isn't on TV at all!
I would try it on Kodi but that shit has been messed up for boxing lately.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Douglas Bubbletrousers wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:28 pm I think there's a Fox and Showtime card!

Not a Garcia hater, just see him as the 4th or 5th best guy around that weight class. He'll end u being that "opponent" that they fight when they can't agree to fight each other.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Doug, I picked up a bevy of treats for this weekend. Pizza rolls, strawberry Valentine's day hostess cupcakes, cadbury creme eggs and lemonade ginger ale. :thumbsup:

I also have a lot of beer!!!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Douglas Bubbletrousers

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:47 pm

Doug, I picked up a bevy of treats for this weekend. Pizza rolls, strawberry Valentine's day hostess cupcakes, cadbury creme eggs and lemonade ginger ale. :thumbsup:

Damn that sounds awesome! I'm heading to the store after work for some snacks! Are you going to watch Ray Beltran fight in ESPN tonight?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Douglas Bubbletrousers wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:50 pm

Damn that sounds awesome! I'm heading to the store after work for some snacks! Are you going to watch Ray Beltran fight in ESPN tonight?
Maybe. Not all that exciting on that one. Beltran will dominate. I may though. Is it possible to buy those iptv ppvs in the US? I really want to see the Eubank fight tomorrow.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Douglas Bubbletrousers

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:00 pm

Maybe. Not all that exciting on that one. Beltran will dominate. I may though. Is it possible to buy those iptv ppvs in the US? I really want to see the Eubank fight tomorrow.
I've never tried that. I was banking on firstrowsports to have a good link to it. I watched one other WBSS fight there. Then when Hughie Fury fought Joseph Parker I went on boxing scene and posted asking about a link and someone PM'd one to me lol
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Douglas Bubbletrousers wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:48 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:00 pm

I've never tried that. I was banking on firstrowsports to have a good link to it. I watched one other WBSS fight there. Then when Hughie Fury fought Joseph Parker I went on boxing scene and posted asking about a link and someone PM'd one to me lol
Mqybe I'll try that. I haven't used Kodi in ages. Always sucks balls anymore.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Hey Doug, I'm watching. Fiest one is a snozzer.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Douglas Bubbletrousers

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:39 pm Hey Doug, I'm watching. Fiest one is a snozzer.

I'm not a huge fan of Shakur Stevenson fights. His style is pretty boring, especially at such a low weight class!

I'll be happy for Ray Beltran if he wins because then Trump can't kick him out of the country or something!!! :punch: :punch:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Douglas Bubbletrousers wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:52 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:39 pm Hey Doug, I'm watching. Fiest one is a snozzer.

I'm not a huge fan of Shakur Stevenson fights. His style is pretty boring, especially at such a low weight class!

I'll be happy for Ray Beltran if he wins because then Trump can't kick him out of the country or something!!! :punch: :punch:
Could be Beltran vs Loma. Kriegel is a terrible announcer. Bring Atlas back.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Douglas Bubbletrousers

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:02 pm
Douglas Bubbletrousers wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:52 pm

Could be Beltran vs Loma. Kriegel is a terrible announcer. Bring Atlas back.
Haha yeah, Loma would just school him though. It seems like only Mikey Garcia and maybe Linares could challenge Loma at under 140.

Yeah dude, Atlas is funny as fuck! It's so dumb they don't have him calling these fights!
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Beltran might be in trouble.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Dougie, Beltran has a crimson mask.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Hell of a fight
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Straight garbage cards. Beltran isn't beating anyone worth a shit.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Bubble boy, you fall asle ep again?
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Douglas Bubbletrousers

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:42 pm Bubble boy, you fall asle ep again?
Yeah ate too much popcorn shrimp and fell asleep sometime during round 12.
When I woke up and went to check the result I thought there was a chance Ray may have lost that!

I'm happy for Ray but yeah he'd get outclassed hard by Loma!
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:40 pm Straight garbage cards. Beltran isn't beating anyone worth a shit.
One of my favorite guys to watch though. Bigger head than 90% of the heavyweights. When he's out of cereal in the morning he just eats more punches.
Douglas Bubbletrousers

I was surprised to find that Groves vs Eubank fight on YouTube lol. I watched from round 5 on. Groves gave Eubank a little whuppin'!
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Douglas Bubbletrousers wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:20 pm I was surprised to find that Groves vs Eubank fight on YouTube lol. I watched from round 5 on. Groves gave Eubank a little whuppin'!
Damn I would of watched. Not suprised Groves won.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Douglas Bubbletrousers

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:43 pm
Douglas Bubbletrousers wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:20 pm I was surprised to find that Groves vs Eubank fight on YouTube lol. I watched from round 5 on. Groves gave Eubank a little whuppin'!
Damn I would of watched. Not suprised Groves won.

Yeah checking YouTube was a desperation move. The other streams I was trying weren't working. Groves' shoulder got real messed up at the start of round 12 or he may have gotten close to finishing Eubank.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

I hope Garcia loses tonight.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Douglas Bubbletrousers

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:46 pm I hope Garcia loses tonight.
Yeah he's annoying. I hate his dad even more though, so was super happy when Thurman beat him. I'll be rooting hard for Rios but think it's pretty likely Garcia wins. It would be fun to see Garcia fight Spence. I think Spence would knock him around.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Douglas Bubbletrousers wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:13 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:46 pm I hope Garcia loses tonight.
Yeah he's annoying. I hate his dad even more though, so was super happy when Thurman beat him. I'll be rooting hard for Rios but think it's pretty likely Garcia wins. It would be fun to see Garcia fight Spence. I think Spence would knock him around.
That's why I don't like Garcia. He's hyped but can't beat the top fighters. He gave a shit attempt at Thurman. Keith vs Porter was much better.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

What a shot landed there. It was fun to see Porter come in and talk shit. Porter would murder Garcia.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master