Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Khabib vs Conor, who wins (poll)

Who wins?

Khabib
31%
Conor McGregor
69%

Total votes: 16

Cobey
Trouble

Re: Khabib vs Conor, who wins (poll)

Post by Cobey »

-Jaymo- wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:57 am
Cobey wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:43 am Mendes didn't "expose" McGregor....

He pretty much did. Totally exposed McGregors lack of a ground game.

Control - 5:10 to 1:40, Mendes
Takedowns - 4-7 Mendes, 0-0 McGregor

This was on two weeks notice. Mendes’s flaw was going for the submission in the 2nd rather than continuing to soften him up. But, he didn’t really have much choice due to a lack of camp time.

Conor is more one dimensional than any fighter in his division. Plus, he’s more interested in promoting his brand than he is in becoming a well rounded fighter with any sort of stamina at all.

And is there a fighter around that taps out faster than Conor McTaperson? Nope.
If the ultimate end goal of the fight is control time and takedowns, you'd have a solid point there.
Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level »

I give mendes credit big-time for taking the fight. I do think Conor's body-kick gameplan was solid and luckily worked early, because it took juice off of mendes overall. His ground game was good, but if Conor survived it, wasn't good enough. Which to me makes it a weak point if you can't out-due conor once he's on the ground, that's on you, cuz Conor's ground game definitely aint good.

The reality is not only was Conor's exposed for many things "tool-box" related. But it really goes to show how fuckin sweet Khabib actually is.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:10 am I give mendes credit big-time for taking the fight. I do think Conor's body-kick gameplan was solid and luckily worked early, because it took juice off of mendes overall. His ground game was good, but if Conor survived it, wasn't good enough. Which to me makes it a weak point if you can't out-due conor once he's on the ground, that's on you, cuz Conor's ground game definitely aint good.

The reality is not only was Conor's exposed for many things "tool-box" related. But it really goes to show how fuckin sweet Khabib actually is.
Conor definitely isn't finishing anyone on the ground, no disputing that.
Khabib is a different animal, the likes of which we have never seen in MMA. I honestly thought Conor was finished in rd 2, I was very surprised they didn't stop the fight. But Conor did survive and looked slightly more fresh at the beginning of the 3rd, I thought. But that constant onslaught on the ground caught up to him and he gave up his back.
Hole Nova Level

Hole Nova Level wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:10 am I give mendes credit big-time for taking the fight. I do think Conor's body-kick gameplan was solid and luckily worked early, because it took juice off of mendes overall. His ground game was good, but if Conor survived it, wasn't good enough. Which to me makes it a weak point if you can't out-due conor once he's on the ground, that's on you, cuz Conor's ground game definitely aint good.

Jaymo you gotta admit tho Conor- pre-maywether was a good fighter and was dominating during his stretch.
Douglas Bubbletrousers
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2018, June 2019***

Post by Douglas Bubbletrousers »

UFC is for fanboy idiots
I don't give a fig for the simplicity on this side of complexity, but I would die for the simplicity on the other side of complexity.
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:23 pm Jaymo you gotta admit tho Conor- pre-maywether was a good fighter and was dominating during his stretch.
He was a good fighter. But, I think a lot of fights were tailored to his strengths.

Against the top guys now i.e., Khabib, Ferguson, Holloway, Ortega, Poirer, Aldo.....I doubt he would even go 3-3.

He was what the UFC needed at the time though, no doubt about it.
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

Douglas Bubbletrousers wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:59 pm UFC is for fanboy idiots
You try waaaaaaaaayyyyyy too hard.
Douglas Bubbletrousers
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2018, June 2019***

Post by Douglas Bubbletrousers »

-Jaymo- wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:22 pm
Douglas Bubbletrousers wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:59 pm UFC is for fanboy idiots
No you
I don't give a fig for the simplicity on this side of complexity, but I would die for the simplicity on the other side of complexity.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

-Jaymo- wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:21 pm
Hole Nova Level wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:23 pm Jaymo you gotta admit tho Conor- pre-maywether was a good fighter and was dominating during his stretch.
He was a good fighter. But, I think a lot of fights were tailored to his strengths.

Against the top guys now i.e., Khabib, Ferguson, Holloway, Ortega, Poirer, Aldo.....I doubt he would even go 3-3.

Aldo doesn't belong on that list dude.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Douglas Bubbletrousers wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:55 pm
-Jaymo- wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:22 pm
No you
No W
Hole Nova Level

-Jaymo- wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:21 pm

Fair point. Conor is 1-1 against that list for now.