Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Fury vs Wilder

Norn_Iron

Fury vs Wilder

Post by Norn_Iron »

Good to see your referees are still corrupt
Self praise is no praise. But i am pretty great...
-Jaymo-

Re: Fury vs Wilder

Post by -Jaymo- »

Norn_Iron wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:09 am Good to see your referees are still corrupt
Or do you mean “judges”?

One of them got it right.
Norn_Iron

Post by Norn_Iron »

-Jaymo- wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:47 am
Norn_Iron wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:09 am Good to see your referees are still corrupt
Or do you mean “judges”?

One of them got it right.
Yes i didn to be fair i posted that a 6am having not yet been to bed.

Horrible decision, and i actually like both boxers so want to fussed who won. But fury was absolutely robbed.

They should check the judge who gave it to Wilder to make sure he knows that Fury was the white guy
Self praise is no praise. But i am pretty great...
Douglas Bubbletrousers
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2018, June 2019***

Post by Douglas Bubbletrousers »

A draw wasn't a terrible overall decision, but the judge who only gave like 4 rounds to Fury was way off.

You can easily make the case that Wilder won 5 rounds total, which would make the fight a draw. There were a few rounds early on where neither guy did too much.

But aside from that one sketchy scorecard, that fight was fucking awesome. Heavyweight fights between the top few guys in the division are awesome.
I don't give a fig for the simplicity on this side of complexity, but I would die for the simplicity on the other side of complexity.
j2j

Post by j2j »

No where else to stick this.

Clearly heavyweight boxing is WAY down. Tyson Fury isn't an undefeated champion in pretty much any other era.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:54 pm No where else to stick this.

Clearly heavyweight boxing is WAY down. Tyson Fury isn't an undefeated champion in pretty much any other era.

Maybe not in the 90's but this era of heavyweights is better than anything from mid 2000's on. It was complete garbage when Klitchko reigned supreme.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Tyson Fury is skinny fat. Scrawny buy out of shape. Tough to take him seriously in a WWE ring, and that's scripted. Watched a few of his fights on YouTube and he's boxing against warehouse workers and garbage men. Sad.

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:09 pm Tyson Fury is skinny fat. Scrawny buy out of shape. Tough to take him seriously in a WWE ring, and that's scripted. Watched a few of his fights on YouTube and he's boxing against warehouse workers and garbage men. Sad.
Ghey as fuck if you even watch wwe.

Fury is a top HW but 3rd behind Wilder and Joshua imo.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:02 am
j2j wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:09 pm Tyson Fury is skinny fat. Scrawny buy out of shape. Tough to take him seriously in a WWE ring, and that's scripted. Watched a few of his fights on YouTube and he's boxing against warehouse workers and garbage men. Sad.

Fury is a top HW but 3rd behind Wilder and Joshua imo.
Which is an indictment on the whole division. It's definitely not what I grew up watching.

Mother Nature

Post by Mother Nature »

Fury's a super crafty boxer (is a gypsy) and is underrated for it. He's a master of head movement and feints especially for a heavyweight. The fact that he's so comfortable in a boxing ring (been doing it since he was born) I think helps compensate for his lack of athleticism. He's fought some cans lately though and it's not a good look for him!
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Are you new to boxing?

The gypsy king is a messiah of movement for his size.

Wilder Fury 1 was outstanding!

Fury beating Klitchko was also good.

He has fought shit lately but that's because he signed with Top Rank and they literally have no HW talent over there.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Mother Nature wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:40 pm
Fury's a super crafty boxer (is a gypsy) and is underrated for it. He's a master of head movement and feints especially for a heavyweight. The fact that he's so comfortable in a boxing ring (been doing it since he was born) I think helps compensate for his lack of athleticism. He's fought some cans lately though and it's not a good look for him!
What's his most dominating/impressive match? I have not been wowed by anything I've seem so far, but I'll give it another shot.

I miss the days of big sluggers.

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:20 pm
What's his most dominating/impressive match? I have not been wowed by anything I've seem so far, but I'll give it another shot.

Fury vs Wilder 1 happened last December. The rematch is early this coming year.

Fury vs Klitchko is another one.

Fury isn't a KO puncher. He's a big man who moves like a welterweight. That's why he is so special.

Watch Wilder if you want to see KOs.

Most thought he beat Wilder the first time. They called it a draw. I thought a draw was the right decision. Fury out boxed Wilder but Wilder knocked him down twice and he completely floored him at the end of the fight but Fury got back up.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:25 pm

Fury isn't a KO puncher. He's a big man who moves like a welterweight. That's why he is so special.

Most thought he beat Wilder the first time. They called it a draw. I thought a draw was the right decision. Fury out boxed Wilder but Wilder knocked him down twice and he completely floored him at the end of the fight but Fury got back up.
When I watch boxing I want to see dudes get wrecked. I want to see the CTE set in with each punch.

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:44 pm

When I watch boxing I want to see dudes get wrecked. I want to see the CTE set in with each punch.
UFC might be more your thing then.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

A guy just died this week from last weekends fight. There have been 3 deaths in the last 6 months and I saw them all. Not fun.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:47 pm

A guy just died this week from last weekends fight. There have been 3 deaths in the last 6 months and I saw them all. Not fun.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:48 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:47 pm

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
:(
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Wilder about to walkout.

Ortiz getting knocked in rd #4 imo
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Cripes. Wilder hardly lands a punch all fight and one shot ended Ortiz.

Say what you want about Wilders skill level (It's not very good) but he has maybe the hardest punch we have ever seen.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Foreman says he's not on the same level as Louis, Frazier, and Tyson.

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:28 pm Foreman says he's not on the same level as Louis, Frazier, and Tyson.

There isn't one boxing fan that knows the sport that would ever compare Wilder to Louis or Frazier.

Wilder doesn't have much technique but he has a devastating punch. Mike Tyson would have been murdered by a prime Ali. It's all subjective.

Mike Tyson is one of my favorites of all time. He was a star for his KO power but I don't think he was the greatest boxer ever. Go look at who the guy fought. He knocked out a LOT of bums, was beat by a scrub in Douglas, couldn't get by Holyfield and was then taken apart by Lennox Lewis.

All sports were better yesteryear than today imo.

Can you imagine how many points Jordan would score in todays pussified NBA

Or Joe Montana in today's NFL? :shock:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Foreman is slightly more than a fan.

I watched a Wilder highlight video earlier and it looked like a lot of retired garbagemen across the ring.

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:54 pm Foreman is slightly more than a fan.

I watched a Wilder highlight video earlier and it looked like a lot of retired garbagemen across the ring.
And Chuck Barkley, Shaq etc... Call the new NBA hot trash and I know you don't agree with that.

But hey... They are more than "Fans" :roll:

I'm not here calling Wilder one of the greatest of all time but he has one of the hardest punches ever and is fun to watch.

The welterweight division is where most of the top dogs have been since the early 2000's anyway.

Mayweather, De la Hoya, Paquio and the list goes on.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:09 pm

And Chuck Barkley, Shaq etc... Call the new NBA hot trash and I know you don't agree with that.

But hey... They are more than "Fans" :roll:

I'm not here calling Wilder one of the greatest of all time but he has one of the hardest punches ever and is fun to watch.

The welterweight division is where most of the top dogs have been since the early 2000's anyway.

Mayweather, De la Hoya, Paquio and the list goes on.
Settle down, Sparky. This is supposed to be a fun place.

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Joshua probably beats Wilder but he has to get through Ruiz first and they have to actually make this mega fight.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

No idea who Joshua is

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:39 pm No idea who Joshua is
He's probably the top HW but he was beat in June by a short fat Mexican fighter Luis Ruiz.

It was the biggest upset since Tyson lost to Douglas. Watch the replay.

Wilder Vs Joshua is the mega fight. They have been negotiating it for the last couple years.

Joshua has to beat Ruiz in the rematch in December in Saudi Arabia for any of it to matter though.

Going to be a really big fight.

Watch the Vlad Klitchko vs Joshua fight also. Great fight with many knock downs.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
JamesMadison

Post by JamesMadison »

j2j wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:39 pm No idea who Joshua is
He's a British clown. He lost to a 6'0" obese heavyweight. Saudi Arabia used slave labor and dirty money to build a brand new stadium to hold the rematch between Joshua and the 6'0" obese Mexican, Ruiz.