Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Floyd vs Ronda

Douglas Bubbletrousers
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2018, June 2019***

Floyd vs Ronda

Post by Douglas Bubbletrousers »

Remember this BS? Hilarious to think about now.
I don't give a fig for the simplicity on this side of complexity, but I would die for the simplicity on the other side of complexity.
DC4MVP

Re: Floyd vs Ronda

Post by DC4MVP »

Douglas Bubbletrousers wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:05 pm Remember this BS? Hilarious to think about now.
I still have no idea why people thought this.

Ronda never has been a good striker. She got by with it because she was fighting soup cans who were worse at striking. Eventually, the division caught up to her and destroyed her.

That's what happens when you have a "Yes Man" and a husband as a trainer who's too afraid to admit you need work on something. Edmond blew so much smoke up Ronda's ass because she was his cash cow. He was desperately afraid of her knowing she was a long way away in striking because he didn't want her going to the top striking gyms like ATT or AKA.

If Ronda would have realized her striking wasn't anywhere near what she thought it was and left Edmond to head to one of the bigger gyms to focus most of her energy on striking, she'd still be undefeated.
Bailey'sBigBoot

Post by Bailey'sBigBoot »

Anybody who has ever wrestled, sparred, grappled etc has felt the massive massive massive differences between men and women. It's night and day.

I think people just wanted to believe Ronda could do it because it's cool that a woman is so tough...but biology is reality.
Herky

Post by Herky »

It was all talk I doubt Ronda even really thought she would win.

I'd put her up against a lot of average Joe's however who don't know how to fight.
Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level »

Any worse than Floyd vs. Khabib?????
Douglas Bubbletrousers
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2018, June 2019***

Post by Douglas Bubbletrousers »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:56 am Any worse than Floyd vs. Khabib?????
Khabib will actually be able to take a beating and then lose. Ronda may have died very very early round 1.
I don't give a fig for the simplicity on this side of complexity, but I would die for the simplicity on the other side of complexity.