Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

UFC 230

Cobey
Trouble

UFC 230

Post by Cobey »

Cormier v Lewis (HW Championship)
Diaz v TBD
Rockhold v Weidman
Souza v Branch
Brunson v Adesanya

It's a shame that Poirier dropped, it would have been a fucking scrap. This card is STACKED though. I'm not in love with Cormier v Lewis, personally though. I would have rather seen a Miocic rematch.
-Jaymo-

Re: UFC 230

Post by -Jaymo- »

Great card!

Lewis will get destroyed.
Douglas Bubbletrousers
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2018, June 2019***

Post by Douglas Bubbletrousers »

Lol is that a PPV?

At least they don't have the women's division headline PPVs anymore.
I don't give a fig for the simplicity on this side of complexity, but I would die for the simplicity on the other side of complexity.
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

Cobey wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:34 am Cormier v Lewis (HW Championship)
Diaz v TBD
Rockhold v Weidman
Souza v Branch
Brunson v Adesanya

It's a shame that Poirier dropped, it would have been a fucking scrap. This card is STACKED though. I'm not in love with Cormier v Lewis, personally though. I would have rather seen a Miocic rematch.
Diaz now off the card.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Rockhold dropped for Jacare
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

UFC has too big of problem with cards being announced, then fighters dropping out due to this or that. It's not the fighters' fault, I'd drop out too if I was injured and at a huge disadvantage going in; that could be their career. I just think there has to be a better formula to avoid this.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

This card got so depleted...it went from must see to I'm not even sure I'll be ordering it.
Douglas Bubbletrousers

Cobey wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:02 pm This card got so depleted...it went from must see to I'm not even sure I'll be ordering it.
Will the HW fight be a good scrap? Or will the new guy get outclassed?
I don't give a fig for the simplicity on this side of complexity, but I would die for the simplicity on the other side of complexity.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Douglas Bubbletrousers wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:41 pm
Cobey wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:02 pm This card got so depleted...it went from must see to I'm not even sure I'll be ordering it.
Probably not. Cormier is likely to outclass Lewis due solely to his cardio. Cormier is all around a better fighter...he's an Olympian in wrestling, but Lewis is the heavy hitter, so if he connects it could be dangerous for DC.
Douglas Bubbletrousers

Cobey wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:33 am
Douglas Bubbletrousers wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:41 pm
Probably not. Cormier is likely to outclass Lewis due solely to his cardio. Cormier is all around a better fighter...he's an Olympian in wrestling, but Lewis is the heavy hitter, so if he connects it could be dangerous for DC.
Ah ok. I'll probably find a stream and cheer for Lewis then!
Douglas Bubbletrousers

That was two fat whales going at it. Imagine how much fun they would be to watch if they were both 50 lbs lighter and not fat fucking whales.