Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Love me some hiking

salamander

Love me some hiking

Post by salamander »

I need to get out into the woods more often. I used to be an avid woodsman but have mostly just picked plants on Red Dead Redemption II lately.

Anyone know any good hiking spots around the Cities? (Preferably outside the cities enough that you can get deep into the wilderness)

I've been pretty much everywhere around the South Metro and far up north so West WI, west of the cities and just north of the cities would be appreciated.

Please give highlights of the area suggested.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Hector

Re: Love me some hiking

Post by Hector »

I've spent time at Minnesota Valley, the arboretum by Chaska Minnetonka Loop and Carlos Avery...none of them very taxing but get you out in nature
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

I used to like hiking around a lot, been all up and down both sides of the Mississippi from St. Paul to Minneapolis and a few other places... then I got a bike and don't walk through the woods as much, I just zip by them. I should stop more and walk about, but feel nervous leaving my bike out of my sight in 'the big city'.
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
Hector

Post by Hector »

Night Train wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:10 pm I used to like hiking around a lot, been all up and down both sides of the Mississippi from St. Paul to Minneapolis and a few other places... then I got a bike and don't walk through the woods as much, I just zip by them. I should stop more and walk about, but feel nervous leaving my bike out of my sight in 'the big city'.
Yeah, I definitely chose one or the other (biking, hiking) no matter where I'm at...too many people without a conscience out there.