Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Full ride scholarship to be a caddy!?

Hornets

Re: Full ride scholarship to be a caddy!?

Post by Hornets »

My cousins husband used to be Kenny G's swing coach.......SERIOUSLY!!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
GoodToGo

Post by GoodToGo »

when I was a kid I got a Chick Evans scholarship for caddying. I don’t know if they are still around.

It was a sliding scale based on parent’s income, I believe, because I never ended up using it.

I also made a ton of money for college through loops.

You carry two bags a day for 36 holes, 6 days a week it adds up.
It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble.

It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:39 pm WHAT?! Shit, if I ever decide to go back to school, I'm going to have to apply for this! Common Man just had some dude call in talking about his co-worker's daughter who got a full scholarship to the University of Illinois for Caddying in High School. I didn't even know that was possible! I guess they hand out like a 1,000 of these scholarships every year! Seriously, that's gotta be better odds than trying to actually go to college on a golf scholarship. You don't even have to be good at golf. Just carry a bag, go for a walk, and open a few beers. Where's the downside?! Give some suggestions on what club to use, distance, wind, etc. Go with the college golf team to warmer climates during their season to walk around some of the nicer courses there are around. Man, I could've fucking handled that! My high school guidance counselor is fired, man!!!! WHY DIDN'T THAT OLD BITCH TELL US ABOUT THIS!!!???
v1.jpg