Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

How have you been shooting?

Mizuno Man
***Official Gibby Award Winner - February 2019***

Re: How have you been shooting?

Post by Mizuno Man »

Shot 78 at Emerald Greens.......33 putts.....I suck...so do those greens. Hastings opens on the 15th.
Asknot to WNU
"Is there a place where we can talk about evolving and dissipating covid hot spots or does anything covid related have to go through your blockade of Covid re-education?"
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

dont see a round in my future. shoulder still to stiff.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

first official round after playing in a scramble on Sat. On a course I have never seen with no warm up. 50\40
Shoulder wont let me get all the way through. Drives were about 30 yards short from normal but straight.
Seem to have my distance about right on irons 6 and up.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

I'm in better shape this summer than the last two, and it shows on the track. I have been so busy this summer, I haven't gotten out very much. I think if I went out a couple times a week in this shape, I'd be high lowto mid 80's by October.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Jack Hoff

Post by Jack Hoff »

Played Pebble Lake in Fergus Falls Friday. Course in great shape. Went 39-41 with 2 out of bounds. I’ll take it
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

2 round, same results 48/41 at stillwater oaks.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

round 7, same results. 46/41 at Lakeview National. Maybe I need to hit a bucket first.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Haven't swung a club all year. I'm a pickle ball convert. I've never left the court anything but exhilarated. Sometimes after an hour, sometimes after 3.
I can't 3 putt my way to a quadruple and be pissed for the next five holes in pickle ball. I might never pick up a club again.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Ask Not wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:24 am Haven't swung a club all year. I'm a pickle ball convert. I've never left the court anything but exhilarated. Sometimes after an hour, sometimes after 3.
I can't 3 putt my way to a quadruple and be pissed for the next five holes in pickle ball. I might never pick up a club again.
no moose on the pickle court my boy! or views of superior.
I dont get mad at my golf game. i know i can shoot better if I played more, maybe warmed up, maybe looked at my putt a bit more.
but im just happy to be on the course. Most of the time im going down the first fairway within 10 minutes of getting to the course and I can keep it under 90.
I will play a lot in the next month. Need to play well with the guys at Brainerd, Whitebirch, Deacons, Traditional, then up to Park Rapids for a few rounds, then 3 days min at Superior National. My goal is to shoot my 3rd round up there under 80.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

I was fully intending on playing a bunch this year, in full preparation of needing to back off next year.

I've been out twice.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Cobey wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:06 pm I was fully intending on playing a bunch this year, in full preparation of needing to back off next year.

I've been out twice.
It looks like you're preparing for next year in a different way. I don't think I played more than a half dozen times per year for my kids first 10 years on earth. Despite annually committing to finally get back to regular play, I've never played more than 10 times in any one year.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Ask Not wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:01 pm
Cobey wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:06 pm I was fully intending on playing a bunch this year, in full preparation of needing to back off next year.

I've been out twice.
It looks like you're preparing for next year in a different way. I don't think I played more than a half dozen times per year for my kids first 10 years on earth. Despite annually committing to finally get back to regular play, I've never played more than 10 times in any one year.
did not play from 1983 to 2000. First round back out on a real course I shot a 142.