Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

2018 Golf trips

Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

2018 Golf trips

Post by Sellingguy »

I will do the North Shore trip again. Superior National renovation on 18 of the holes brings that course back into top ten.
Only got to play River 9 last year as Canyon was not open yet. The original mountian 9 are great as well.
Silver bay has the nicest 9 hole course in the state. Not easy and championship conditions.
Lakeview at two harbors struggled last year with greens, but it is still a decent small town course.

Need to get to Headwaters in Park Rapids, Crosswoods in Crosslake, Emily Greens and Cuyuna. Cuyuna has been brought back from almost dead.

Hope to spend more 25 hours in grand rapids this year. Did a turn and burn playing Blueberry Hills, Pokegama and Eagle Ridge last summer.

Look forward to playing The King and Queen. They are acting a bit snobby already though. They think there is a high end market for golf.
Of course they will be busy for a couple of years, but I dont think they can pull top $$$.
Of of the other top $$ courses in woodbury is up for sale.
CasualObserverGuy

Re: 2018 Golf trips

Post by CasualObserverGuy »

Sellingguy wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:56 pm I will do the North Shore trip again. Superior National renovation on 18 of the holes brings that course back into top ten.
Only got to play River 9 last year as Canyon was not open yet. The original mountian 9 are great as well.
Silver bay has the nicest 9 hole course in the state. Not easy and championship conditions.
Lakeview at two harbors struggled last year with greens, but it is still a decent small town course.

Need to get to Headwaters in Park Rapids, Crosswoods in Crosslake, Emily Greens and Cuyuna. Cuyuna has been brought back from almost dead.

Hope to spend more 25 hours in grand rapids this year. Did a turn and burn playing Blueberry Hills, Pokegama and Eagle Ridge last summer.

Look forward to playing The King and Queen. They are acting a bit snobby already though. They think there is a high end market for golf.
Of course they will be busy for a couple of years, but I dont think they can pull top $$$.

If you are heading to Park Rapids, you might want to find yourself at Bears' Den (a 9 hole gem like Silver Bay) and Blueberry Pines.
Jesus threw the money changers out of the Temple in Jerusalem. We need to throw the bankers out of Washington.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Bears Den and the resort it is at Timberlane are clients of mine. Played Bears Den when it first opened. Cool course, loved the warm up hole! I have to make Park Rapids my summer vacation this year. Currently have 4 resorts and 3 golf courses as clients in that area.
Tianna just signed a contract. If I remember that course right, its is up and down with a ton of blind shots.

A new rumor in Grand Rapids is that someone is going to try to bring Windigo back to life. If you want to read some funny but sad reviews look them up. It was a great golf course that they were trying to bring it to top rated. They ran out of money after the clubhouse and 22 room hotel/event center was built. At this point the course will be a complete rebuild as it has grown over. There were some half done townhomes im sure are rotted out. Not sure of condition of clubhouse or hotel. I found that course just after hotel was open. It was a great track and conditions were getting near perfect. But since they had no Lake, they did not draw. They also dropped the ball service wise in trying to be a golf resort, so I would bet returning guests list was not very long. They asked me for a honest review and I put it as simple as I could. You have 8 little johnnys standing around the clubhouse and no one is fetching my clubs/cart to start or end my day.
Driving range was in front of hotel. I stayed on a all inclusive package with a suite for 4 days. Standing 1st off tee each day and 5pm tee time. You would think since the little johnnys were standing around they could have had a cart with my clubs and bucket sitting on the driving range at 6am.
CasualObserverGuy

Post by CasualObserverGuy »

Oh man, Wendigo... It's a lot like the DRI plant up there, all promises no results. Bad timing. I had hoped to make it there in the past but missed out. What do you sell that you have golf courses as clients?
Jesus threw the money changers out of the Temple in Jerusalem. We need to throw the bankers out of Washington.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Advertising
Ski

Post by Ski »

Sellingguy wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:56 pm I will do the North Shore trip again. Superior National renovation on 18 of the holes brings that course back into top ten.

We played the river and the canyon at superior national last friday. What a crazy ass beautiful course. Wasn't sure if we should tee off or take a picture of each hole.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Ski wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:35 am

We played the river and the canyon at superior national last friday. What a crazy ass beautiful course. Wasn't sure if we should tee off or take a picture of each hole.
I have a picture of every hole since the renovation and many from 04. Then on top of that I have the 3 Chapman prints hanging on my walls. Im sure you saw a set on display at the club house. Standing on the Tee box of 14 is the best spot on any golf course in Minnesota.
Ski

Post by Ski »

Sellingguy wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:32 am
Ski wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:35 am

I have a picture of every hole since the renovation and many from 04. Then on top of that I have the 3 Chapman prints hanging on my walls. Im sure you saw a set on display at the club house. Standing on the Tee box of 14 is the best spot on any golf course in Minnesota.
That was the par 3 right? Amazing!
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

15 is the 3 down over the river, 14 looks over that hole from behind the green back up to 15 tees. if you turn around on 14, you are looking down 16 at the lake.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

22195241_10159705855500657_7419864175629867963_n.jpg
Ski

Post by Ski »

Got it. Damn I/we lost a lot of balls on that course, but so fun.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Last year i played on Media Grand Opening day. scramble. I did not lose one ball.
Year before i played River/mountian. Canyon was a week from opening. Did not lose one ball.
I was amazed.
Flash back to last round in 2004. my last tee shot of 4 days of golf i snap my driver and the head flies 100 yards down the fairway.
Sept can not get here soon enough. Going to play a few rounds by myself.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Busy next 45 days.
Blueberry pines the 17th, Deacons, WhiteBirch, Traditional 20-22. Duluth 9-2 Superior National 9-3,4,5
Need to fit in The Bridges Winona, Lake Pepin, Southern Hills, Green Haven, Albion Ridges and Crow River before end of season.
Cripes

Post by Cripes »

Sellingguy wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:19 pm Busy next 45 days.
Blueberry pines the 17th, Deacons, WhiteBirch, Traditional 20-22. Duluth 9-2 Superior National 9-3,4,5
Need to fit in The Bridges Winona, Lake Pepin, Southern Hills, Green Haven, Albion Ridges and Crow River before end of season.
You should hit up Bemidji T&CC next time you go north.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Cripes wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:59 pm
Sellingguy wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:19 pm Busy next 45 days.
You should hit up Bemidji T&CC next time you go north.
One of the few that have not stayed with my program. Just went silent on me after 2 years.
I need to make a run across Hwy 2 to see a few resorts next year so maybe I will stop in.
With a couple of exceptions all my golf is now client related and I play less each year! This year was shoulder issues.
I have 7 rounds in so far. This will be my last North Shore Trip until 2021 unless my buddies want to go.
This will be my 3rd trip this year alone, 2 last year, 2 the year before.
I will go play tomorrow somewhere within 60 miles of my house. Depends on who gets hit hard with rain today.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

blueberry pines is a stunning golf course. sad they lost the clubhouse. the restaurant and event center was the money maker there.
drove up and played yesterday. 3 hole run 5-7 called death valley. I was happy to walk away with a 84 on a course I have never seen.
If you dont like the high prices of the brainerd top 6. Drive 45 more minutes and play Blueberry Pines, Headwaters and Tianna.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Superior National was amazing! The colors are just turning and the views are better then the golf.
3 rounds and could not get better. 91/92/91. Made the turn on the 3rd round at 42...then 49 on the back. FUCK!
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Congratulations to Fargo’s Tom Hoge for his 2nd place finish in West Virginia today - and $817,500 payday.