Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

I need some new clubs!

jffl_commish

I need some new clubs!

Post by jffl_commish »

Let me preface this info request with the fact that after today I have played 3x in the last 20 years. Twice last year, and this morning with my dad. I've come to the realization that I kind of enjoy golfing and would really like to do a lot more of it. However, my clubs really suck. They are old, 30+ years old. Granted, I suck and am old too, but......

That said, what is a decent set of irons that won't break the bank? I'm liking what I see reviewing the TaylorMade RBladez. Has anyone swung them?
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Re: I need some new clubs!

Post by jffl_commish »

I need a new woods set and putter too......
Let's get Tropical
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

Dont spend over $400.00. Go to 2nd swing and buy some used clubs.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

jffl_commish wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:48 pm Let me preface this info request with the fact that after today I have played 3x in the last 20 years. Twice last year, and this morning with my dad. I've come to the realization that I kind of enjoy golfing and would really like to do a lot more of it. However, my clubs really suck. They are old, 30+ years old. Granted, I suck and am old too, but......

That said, what is a decent set of irons that won't break the bank? I'm liking what I see reviewing the TaylorMade RBladez. Has anyone swung them?
these should do the trick until you got to be a single digit handicap player i'd think. the price is right.

https://thefastlearners.com/best-golf-s ... beginners/
focker

Post by focker »

I play about once per week. Pretty horrible overall but improving. Can someone tell me how much buying new clubs would help me?

my current clubs are likely 15-17+ years old. Had new grips put on them recently which is really nice...
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!
Old_Kid

Post by Old_Kid »

Last edited by Old_Kid on Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Physically spent and morally bankrupt in no way to spend a Tuesday. :scooter:
focker

Post by focker »

Old_Kid wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:30 pm
focker wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:50 pm I play about once per week. Pretty horrible overall but improving. Can someone tell me how much buying new clubs would help me?

my current clubs are likely 15-17+ years old. Had new grips put on them recently which is really nice...
New equipment will not mean you will instantly improve but IMO you will notice a difference the more you swing new sticks. Technology in the new clubs, shafts and head weighting, has advanced dramatically much the same as golf balls, tennis rackets, aluminum bats, and bowling balls have helped people improve their game "skills."

Second hand is the way to go before you take the big plunge IMO.
Thanks. I want to get a nice fairway wood or hybrid club first as that's what I need in my bag most right now, that and maybe a really low loft wedge.
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!
Old_Kid

Post by Old_Kid »

Last edited by Old_Kid on Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Physically spent and morally bankrupt in no way to spend a Tuesday. :scooter:
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

the club is only as good as your swing.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Thanks guys.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Heading up to 2nd Swing in the morning. Hopefully they are knowledgeable enough to help me pick out some sticks.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Good call on 2nd Swing. Those bays they have to try out clubs are pretty awesome.
Let's get Tropical