Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Will Tiger ever win another tournament?

Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Re: Will Tiger ever win another tournament?

Post by Sellingguy »

I think a Tiger vs Phil Sunday at the Masters is a strong possibility.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

The best thing about this season?
Tiger is a player again!
Has already committed to 2 more tournaments.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

If he stays healthy I believe he will win 1 more major before he's done.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Tiger hits a great shot and its the comeback o my god moment of the day. Another player hits the same shot, or better, and its just a highlight of the day. No doubt he brings the views, but golf failed to bring that attention to the next group of guys. And IMO with is comeback, they need to figure out a way to hold those viewers this time.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

-8 today and tied with Rory for the lead. Could this be the weekend he gets it done? Stay tuned
Verle

Post by Verle »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:54 pm Fuck yeah! I might have to call my satellite company and get Golf Channel. I have all the regional sports channels, as well as Big 10, Pac 12, etc, but no Golf.

I need more then eight hours of golf on local per week.
check out hulu
Retreat but never cower
Hey good lookin' we'll be back to pick you up later!
I like to get out and dance, and just take over the nightclub. T.J.
Slaying quality Anoka puss on the reg.
CasualObserverGuy

Post by CasualObserverGuy »

Jimtown guy wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:03 pm -8 today and tied with Rory for the lead. Could this be the weekend he gets it done? Stay tuned
Nope. Friday held him back. Once again he wins another tournament if they were playing "throw out your highest round". Going back to old trusty Scotty Cameron putter was a good decision. I have never understood an equipment sponsorship, I would never be able to switch for money and think my performance wouldn't be affected.
Jesus threw the money changers out of the Temple in Jerusalem. We need to throw the bankers out of Washington.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Up to #21 in the world, ended last year at #656. Justin Rose moved into the #1 spot this week.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Tiger having yet another good tourney. Tied for first at -7 with Rose at the Tour Championsip.
Mizuno Man
***Official Gibby Award Winner - February 2019***

Post by Mizuno Man »

Today is the day....three shot lead in a field of 30.
Asknot to WNU
"Is there a place where we can talk about evolving and dissipating covid hot spots or does anything covid related have to go through your blockade of Covid re-education?"
Steven Seagal

Post by Steven Seagal »

Mizuno Man wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:08 am Today is the day....three shot lead in a field of 30.
I like his chances
Steven Seagal

Post by Steven Seagal »

Tiger is officially back. The rest of the players are also officially shitting their pants
GoodToGo

Post by GoodToGo »

Resident troll: ” Biden will either resign in disgrace or lose in 2024 because of his failures as president.”
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Glad to see Tiger win! Gawlf is much more exciting when he's a part of it and in the hunt. If his body doesn't break down, no reason now that he won't win a couple more majors and another handful of events.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
CasualObserverGuy

I want a fused back, it might shorten my swing and minimize my misses...

Great to see Tiger win. Justin Rose deserved the FedEx Cup for sure, but dang I can't wait for Augusta, and then Bethpage Black. I really hope we get to see Tiger get a chance to tie Jack, it'll really help bring golf back.
Jesus threw the money changers out of the Temple in Jerusalem. We need to throw the bankers out of Washington.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Congrats to Tiger. He’s back and I’m really looking forward what he and the rest of the Ryder Cup team can do next weekend
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Lets see how he does in The Cup and moving forward. As any golfer knows, you can find your game at anytime, and then lose it.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

FUCK YOU TIGER WOODS!!!!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

I think if he stays healthy he can compete at this level until he's 50. Would love to see him chase down Jack and finish tied with 18 majors.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

The Replacements wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:09 pm I think if he stays healthy he can compete at this level until he's 50. Would love to see him chase down Jack and finish tied with 18 majors.
Didn't Phil at age 48 win just this year? Or within the last couple years? Tiger is in much better condition than him, no reason he couldn't seriously compete for at least the next 5 years and beyond. Seems like he finally has his health figured out, and I think now that he's won once, it'll come easier again.
CasualObserverGuy

Dan33185 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:48 pm
The Replacements wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:09 pm I think if he stays healthy he can compete at this level until he's 50. Would love to see him chase down Jack and finish tied with 18 majors.
Didn't Phil at age 48 win just this year? Or within the last couple years? Tiger is in much better condition than him, no reason he couldn't seriously compete for at least the next 5 years and beyond. Seems like he finally has his health figured out, and I think now that he's won once, it'll come easier again.
This^^

The flood gates will open for Tiger now that he's kept his driver in play just enough to win. He knows he's the best mid-short iron on the planet still.

I would be a little surprised if he won Augusta (I won't be shocked but I'm not sure his putter is quite there, but close) but I think Bethpage for the PGA in May is a likely candidate for us to see him win the 15th major.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Tiger is back. Looks like he was handed a phone number or something from a blonde during his match with Lefty
https://www.sportsgossip.com/golf/it-su ... -the-match
Herky

Post by Herky »

Winning!
CasualObserverGuy

CasualObserverGuy wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:36 pm I want a fused back, it might shorten my swing and minimize my misses...

Great to see Tiger win. Justin Rose deserved the FedEx Cup for sure, but dang I can't wait for Augusta, and then Bethpage Black. I really hope we get to see Tiger get a chance to tie Jack, it'll really help bring golf back.
I really couldn't have waited. I even watched the replay this afternoon. It was a GREAT day for golf. Can't wait to hit the links this summer. This moment was on par with Keenum to Diggs in emotional satisfaction (though certainly not the same level of shock).

To the comments above about golf not promoting the other players as well... Sorry, they aren't Tiger Woods, and they certainly tried. I love all the other top players, Finau, Fowler, Spieth, Molinari, Koepka, Day... But those guys are merely good-to-great, not the Mount Rushmore of golf (though Koepka certainly seems on his way doesn't he??).

None of them were an amateur dominant force that came out swinging and winning and chasing down records every time they teed it up. Yes other golfers can hit the same shots, but they don't do it week after week and year after year like Tiger did and is now doing again...

Chasing down 18 majors is one of the most daunting professional records out there. It's like going pro and saying you're going to pass Gretzky and actually having a chance to do it.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

The drug addict, womanizing turd wins huh?

I'm so happy for him!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:13 pm The drug addict, womanizing turd wins huh?

I'm so happy for him!
:thumbsup:

Who even gives a shit? I'm not some mouth-breather looking at Pro Athletes as heroes. Be Great. Be Yourself.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

next 2 majors on 2 courses he kinda likes......
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Tiger looking good in Japan right now at the Zozo Championship. This is an official PGA tour event, meaning if he wins, he'll tie Sam Snead at 82 victories. There is a chance that he could break the record at The Masters, which would make for a heck of a story.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/g ... 481319001/
CHIBA, Japan — Move over, Mr. Snead, you have company.

Ten weeks after he last played and two months after having a fifth surgery to his troublesome left knee, Tiger Woods joined Hall of Famer Sam Snead in the record books with his 82nd PGA Tour victory on Monday (Sunday night in the United States). Snead's final PGA Tour win came in 1965, when he was 52 years old.

At the storm-delayed Zozo Championship, the first official PGA Tour event in Japan, Woods played seven holes under sunshine Monday morning to wrap up his historic triumph. With rounds of 64-64-66-67, Woods finished at 19 under to win by three shots over local hero Hideki Matsuyama.

"It’s just crazy. It’s a lot," Woods said of his 82nd PGA Tour win. "I’ve been able to be consistent most of my career, and I put myself up there with a chance to win on a number of occasions. There’s plenty of times when I didn’t.

"But today was one of those days I was able to pull it out. It's been a long week. Five days at the top of the board is a long time. It was definitely stressful."

Woods, who began the tournament with three consecutive bogeys, stormed back with nine birdies in his opening round and then never trailed after taking the outright lead with two birdies to close his second round at Accordia Narashino Country Club.

In joining Snead with the most victories in PGA Tour history, Woods added a third-round 66 to grab a 3-shot lead after 54 holes. Woods never failed to win in 24 previous events after taking at least a 3-shot advantage into the final 18 holes.

Make it 25-for-25.

After playing 29 holes from dusk to dawn on Sunday, Woods resumed his final round on the 12th tee. He was three shots clear of Matsuyama, who was playing one group ahead of Woods.

After making bogey on the 12th, Woods responded with a birdie on the 14th from 12 feet to keep Matsuyama at bay. Matsuyama got within two shots twice, first after Woods made bogey on 12 and then again after Matsuyama made birdie on the 16th, but couldn’t catch Woods.

The win comes 23 years after Woods won his first title at the 1996 Las Vegas Invitational. It was the eighth time he won his season opener. And the 43-year-old has now won a PGA Tour event in seven countries – the U.S., Canada, Japan, Spain, Ireland, England and Scotland.

"It was a ball-striking exhibition," said Gary Woodland, who played in Woods' group the final two rounds and finished fifth (7 shots back). "He drove the ball beautifully, his distance control is a joke. I've never seen anything like it, and then he made some putts. That adds up to a three-shot victory. It was very special."
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

A fully healthy Tiger appears to be back. Needless to say that’s great for the game. I’ve changed my feelings about the guy. Much more humble and open than in the past. Right now he’d be the favorite at the Masters