Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Scotland

hoyhoyguy

Scotland

Post by hoyhoyguy »

In August I'm headed to Scotland to play.

Here are the tracks we have lined up.

#1- Musselburghold Links (we are renting hickories) http://www.musselburgholdlinks.co.uk/ - We land at 9am and our plan is to get to our hotel, check in, and go straight to Musselburghold. Our goal is to push ourselves to stay up during the day to adjust to the change in time. This place looks like a perfect way to ease into the golf.

#2- Carnoustie

#3 - Kingsbarns

#4 - St. Andrew's Old Course

#5 - North Berwick

#6 - Gullane #1

Has anyone played any of these courses? Any advice on Scotland in general?

Thanks!
Hornets

Re: Scotland

Post by Hornets »

hoyhoyguy wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:20 pm In August I'm headed to Scotland to play.

Here are the tracks we have lined up.

#1- Musselburghold Links (we are renting hickories) http://www.musselburgholdlinks.co.uk/ - We land at 9am and our plan is to get to our hotel, check in, and go straight to Musselburghold. Our goal is to push ourselves to stay up during the day to adjust to the change in time. This place looks like a perfect way to ease into the golf.

#2- Carnoustie

#3 - Kingsbarns

#4 - St. Andrew's Old Course

#5 - North Berwick

#6 - Gullane #1

Has anyone played any of these courses? Any advice on Scotland in general?

Thanks!
I did Lili Putt in Coon Rapids several years ago, and was an ace at the Southtown Putt Putt back in the 70's....
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Clubhouseleader

Post by Clubhouseleader »

If you don’t mind me asking, how much will this whole trip cost. Airfare, lodging, golf.
hoyhoyguy

Post by hoyhoyguy »

Clubhouseleader wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:13 am If you don’t mind me asking, how much will this whole trip cost. Airfare, lodging, golf.
We are using a combination of airline miles and hotel points to help knock down the cost, but here's roughly what we are looking at.

Flights = $1,600
Golf ~ $1,000 depending on how often we take caddies
Lodging ~ $500 per person with a couple guys per room
Car rental - $100 per person
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

my buddy did the trip. said it was amazing. One thing he did bitch about was pace of play, and not because it was slow, he is slow.
They dont fuck around on the courses and will keep you moving if your a slow group.
There is one thing for sure in playing golf with my buddy, ..you will meet the course ranger at some point.

Enjoy.
hoyhoyguy

Post by hoyhoyguy »

Sellingguy wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:55 am my buddy did the trip. said it was amazing. One thing he did bitch about was pace of play, and not because it was slow, he is slow.
They dont fuck around on the courses and will keep you moving if your a slow group.
There is one thing for sure in playing golf with my buddy, ..you will meet the course ranger at some point.

Enjoy.
Good to know. Thanks, SG.
Clubhouseleader

Post by Clubhouseleader »

hoyhoyguy wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:00 pm
Clubhouseleader wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:13 am If you don’t mind me asking, how much will this whole trip cost. Airfare, lodging, golf.
We are using a combination of airline miles and hotel points to help knock down the cost, but here's roughly what we are looking at.

Flights = $1,600
Golf ~ $1,000 depending on how often we take caddies
Lodging ~ $500 per person with a couple guys per room
Car rental - $100 per person
Thanks