Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

::2019 GOLF CHAT::

asshan

::2019 GOLF CHAT::

Post by asshan »

What kind of irons will you be carrying in your bag for 2019.

Looking to replace my Callaways for the upcoming year.
Slim Shady

Re: ::2019 GOLF CHAT::

Post by Slim Shady »

asshan wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:47 pm What kind of irons will you be carrying in your bag for 2019.

Looking to replace my Callaways for the upcoming year.
Tommy Armour
RC3

Post by RC3 »

Looking to upgrade. Probably Maxfli.
Spoiler:
fuck off
reddish?

I will have my vengeance.
asshan

Post by asshan »

Currently looking at

-Srixon Z585's

-Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal

-Callaway Rogues

Also, I highly recommend the Callaway Epic Driver. Crushes.
RC3

Post by RC3 »

BTW, it's not the club.
reddish?

I will have my vengeance.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Phoenix Open just around the corner!!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
asshan

Post by asshan »

RC3 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:08 pm BTW, it's not the club.
Yep, it's the grip, it's the stance, the swing, the cart wench, failure to dispense coils pre-round...I could go on and on, Richard.
Verle

Post by Verle »

Sam Snead
Retreat but never cower
Hey good lookin' we'll be back to pick you up later!
I like to get out and dance, and just take over the nightclub. T.J.
Slaying quality Anoka puss on the reg.
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

my wilson progressive staffs with hybrd 3 and 4 iron. 5 years old.
I just got a new putter and after hitting about 10, the last was my fav, o look, a wilson for 30.00. Love it.
Might get a new driver. Heading down to my client in Rochester to get fitted once the shoulder loosens up.
snore

Post by snore »

I have some pings I got fitted for last year.

Went to the golf simulator tonight. Pretty good time but a little spendy. Played TPC Scottsdale.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

asshan wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:20 pm
RC3 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:08 pm BTW, it's not the club.
Yep, it's the grip, it's the stance, the swing, the cart wench, failure to dispense coils pre-round...I could go on and on, Richard.
Exactly. No magic set of irons is going to shave 10 strokes off your game.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Verle wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:28 pmSam Snead
Me too. Back in the 70’s
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

Jimtown guy wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:26 pm Exactly. No magic set of irons is going to shave 10 strokes off your game.
A magic set of irons would easily shave ten shots off your game.

If you’re a high handicapper, a custom fit set would probably do the same.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

-Jaymo- wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:08 am
Jimtown guy wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:26 pm Exactly. No magic set of irons is going to shave 10 strokes off your game.

A high handicapper has nowhere to go but lower. I’m talking guys like myself and others on here that have golfed their entire life. Not saying a custom fit set won’t help but you still need a proper swing, stance, and grip to get results.
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

Jimtown guy wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:46 am A high handicapper has nowhere to go but lower. I’m talking guys like myself and others on here that have golfed their entire life. Not saying a custom fit set won’t help but you still need a proper swing, stance, and grip to get results.
And a custom fitted set will help you achieve all of those. Most reputable places will include the fit if you buy a new set for little to no charge.

Well worth the investment if you’re anything more than a casual golfer.

I get why people are wary, but there’s a reason that every college or pro golfer has their clubs designed specifically for their swing....a guy that’s 6’-1” shouldn’t be swinging the same set of store bought clubs as a guy who is 5’-9”.
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

-Jaymo- wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:59 am
Jimtown guy wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:46 am A high handicapper has nowhere to go but lower. I’m talking guys like myself and others on here that have golfed their entire life. Not saying a custom fit set won’t help but you still need a proper swing, stance, and grip to get results.
And a custom fitted set will help you achieve all of those. Most reputable places will include the fit if you buy a new set for little to no charge.

Well worth the investment if you’re anything more than a casual golfer.

I get why people are wary, but there’s a reason that every college or pro golfer has their clubs designed specifically for their swing....a guy that’s 6’-1” shouldn’t be swinging the same set of store bought clubs as a guy who is 5’-9”.
I will agree with jaymo to a point. But the avg golfer is not going to see much change unless he changes his game once he gets his new clubs. Most wont. The club is only as good as the swing. I know several guys with custom clubs. They still suck...why? because they still play once a week with no practice.
I have toyed with the idea of getting new irons set up for me. Went to 2nd swing and almost pulled the trigger. Now what I did like about that exp was he was not trying to set me up with fancy high priced clubs. It came down to he was trying to sell me 4 irons. 5 , 6 , 7 and 8. The ones i hit the most at the green. but in the end, it wont help me much. Peoples low scores are more often recorded on courses they know. That is the number one factor in getting your score down. Knowing where to put the ball on the course. It is my biggest issue as I tend to play courses I do not know well or have never seen. Last year I played 24 rounds on courses i have never played before. I played about 8 other rounds on courses i know. Guess where my low scores were.
CasualObserverGuy

Post by CasualObserverGuy »

-Jaymo- wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:08 am

A pencil with an eraser is MUCH cheaper.

Honestly though, having 1, maybe 2 at most, simple swing thoughts that work well for you is the best fix for anyone's game... Get your mind out of your own way.
Jesus threw the money changers out of the Temple in Jerusalem. We need to throw the bankers out of Washington.