Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***The Official PGA Championship Prediction Thread ***

Mizuno Man
***Official Gibby Award Winner - February 2019***

***The Official PGA Championship Prediction Thread ***

Post by Mizuno Man »

Tony Finau :thumbsup:

Asknot to WNU
"Is there a place where we can talk about evolving and dissipating covid hot spots or does anything covid related have to go through your blockade of Covid re-education?"
Verle

Re: ***The Official PGA Championship Prediction Thread ***

Post by Verle »

Dustin's Johnson
Retreat but never cower
Hey good lookin' we'll be back to pick you up later!
I like to get out and dance, and just take over the nightclub. T.J.
Slaying quality Anoka puss on the reg.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Tiger is lurking. Birdies first hole today and now is -5 only 5 back of the lead.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

Fun tournament to watch. Tiger played well but was too far back to get it done.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

What Koepka has done is pretty amazing. Has won 3 of the last 6 majors but all the talk is Tiger. The guy deserves better.
Cripes

Post by Cripes »

Jimtown guy wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:28 pm What Koepka has done is pretty amazing. Has won 3 of the last 6 majors but all the talk is Tiger. The guy deserves better.
It is amazing. Will be interesting to see if he can sustain the major success. There’s been a few guys who have won 2-3 majors then fall off.
The Tiger talk is justified. He’s the greatest of all time and he hasn’t sniffed a major in years. I never rooted for the guy but I find myself more interested when he’s playing well. :shrug:
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Jimtown guy wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:28 pm What Koepka has done is pretty amazing. Has won 3 of the last 6 majors but all the talk is Tiger. The guy deserves better.

Maybe when Koepka has the ability to do this, they might talk more about him

https://sports.yahoo.com/america-loves- ... 39772.html
CBS announced that Sunday’s final-round coverage from Bellerive that saw Woods shoot a brilliant 6-under par and come up two painful strokes short of Brooks Koepka was good for an average rating of 6.1, a whopping 69-percent ratings boost over last year’s final round from Quail Hollow.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Dan33185 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:47 pm

Maybe when Koepka has the ability to do this, they might talk more about him

https://sports.yahoo.com/america-loves- ... 39772.html
CBS announced that Sunday’s final-round coverage from Bellerive that saw Woods shoot a brilliant 6-under par and come up two painful strokes short of Brooks Koepka was good for an average rating of 6.1, a whopping 69-percent ratings boost over last year’s final round from Quail Hollow.
Well aware what Tiger brings to the game. Hell my dislike for the guy has lessened quite a bit. He’s much more humble now. With that said I just thought Koepka deserved a little more hype. My 2 cents
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

Koepka is lucky Tiger was in contention so people would watch him play. The truth of golf is no one is tuning in to watch these guys. They still need Tiger and Phil to draw attention.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

The Replacements wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:16 pm
Koepka is lucky Tiger was in contention so people would watch him play. The truth of golf is no one is tuning in to watch these guys. They still need Tiger and Phil to draw attention.
And I'm not arguing that. I get it. I just think Koepka deserved better coverage after the fact.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

I think another problem with Koepka is he has almost zero personality. He reminds me a lot of Joe Mauer, just kind of a dull guy. Right or wrong, personalities get more attention. I think it's why DJ doesn't get a lot of the attention a #1 ranked player should either, he's kind of a boring guy. The most exciting thing about him is probably hooking up with Gretzky's hot daughter. Woods, like him or not, is a dynamic personality. Same for Fowler, Spieth, Reed, etc.