Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

College hockey

Discuss college sports here
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Re: College hockey

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

HELL YEAH!!! My alma mater bring home back to back National Championships!!!

Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

Miley Cyrus wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:56 pm So what team/league will Sandelin be coaching next?
If nobody was impressed by him before I'm not sure what winning a 3rd National Championship (In 8 years) will do so change that.

Perhaps if he coached at SCSU and never accomplished anything beyond the regular season things would be different?
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:16 pm
Miley Cyrus wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:56 pm So what team/league will Sandelin be coaching next?
If nobody was impressed by him before I'm not sure what winning a 3rd National Championship (In 8 years) will do so change that.

Perhaps if he coached at SCSU and never accomplished anything beyond the regular season things would be different?
I thought Sandy hated the Goofs anyways. Either way, if college coaches that have accomplished less can get NHL gigs, he should at least be able to fetch some interviews.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:16 pm

He can come back to UND. :D Anyhoo congrats to your Bulldogs. Nice to see them win a game by more than 1 goal. Incredible record in 1 goal games this season. The NCHC is one tough conference. UND went 2-2 against the Dawgs and didn’t even make the tourney. That’s 4 straight titles for the conference. No question the toughest conference in the country
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

26244782-48E0-4FEA-8E6B-4FC6393DDEA2.jpeg
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

sioux at gophers end of Nov. Final Five reunion?
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Sellingguy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:55 pm sioux at gophers end of Nov. Final Five reunion?
Thanksgiving weekend. I’m sure I’ll be coaching or at relatives
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sellingguy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:55 pm sioux at gophers end of Nov. Final Five reunion?
Hawks.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:46 pm
Hawks.
call them what you want, i bet the crowd is 45% green
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

“I find it comical in the past month all these young, young kids committing,” Lucia said on Tuesday. “Will they eventually end up there? Who knows? If you’re a parent, what parent thinks it’s a good idea to have a ninth-grader committed?”

https://www.inforum.com/sports/hockey/1 ... recruiting

Apparently, the Don doesn't think much of the latest rash of quick commitments.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

St Paul voted best place to host the Frozen Four. Personally I’d love to see it in Nashville

https://www.therinklive.com/2019/05/06/ ... tinations/
Cripes

Post by Cripes »

Jimtown guy wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:01 pm St Paul voted best place to host the Frozen Four. Personally I’d love to see it in Nashville

Not surprising being a local website. Nashville could be cool. I’ve heard good things from friends that have been. New York would be a good one.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Cripes wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:28 pm
Jimtown guy wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:01 pm St Paul voted best place to host the Frozen Four. Personally I’d love to see it in Nashville

Not surprising being a local website. Nashville could be cool. I’ve heard good things from friends that have been. New York would be a good one.
UND plays Penn St in Nashville not this season but the next. I will definitely be going to that
Cripes

Post by Cripes »

Jimtown guy wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:31 pm
Cripes wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:28 pm

UND plays Penn St in Nashville not this season but the next. I will definitely be going to that
Nice!
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

not sure if true, but someone told me that the phones at gopher hockey ticket office are ringing, but more calls are about I want a rebate for the last 3 years if you want me to renew!!!
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Now that’s one sweet scoreboard

Jaamz

Post by Jaamz »

Why bother with a fancy scoreboard...UND cant score anyway.. :lol:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Jaamz wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:59 pm Why bother with a fancy scoreboard...UND cant score anyway.. :lol:
You gonna take that JimmyT?

On a side note, will we ever see a day where one of these behemoth scoreboards come crashing down onto the ice/court? What a catastrophe that would be. :o
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Hornets wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:43 am
Jaamz wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:59 pm Why bother with a fancy scoreboard...UND cant score anyway.. :lol:
You gonna take that JimmyT?

On a side note, will we ever see a day where one of these behemoth scoreboards come crashing down onto the ice/court? What a catastrophe that would be. :o
I agree they have struggled the last few years putting the puck in the net. Can’t be on top all the time. They will be back contending for a title hopefully sooner than later. As you know Gus lot of fans out there from other teams would love to have a palace of an arena like UND has. Hard to believe it will 20 years old next year.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

2018-19 highest average attendance

North Dakota-11,398
Wisconsin-10,044
Minnesota-7,944
Ohio State-6,437
Minnesota Duluth-6,028
Omaha-5,816
Penn St.-5,801
Michigan-5,628
Denver-5,568
Michigan St.-5,461
Notre Dame-5,368
Massachusetts-4,876
New Hampshire-4,735
UMass Lowell-4,615
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

F99993FC-4959-476C-8402-88BD015647CF.jpeg
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

20 combined SOG in less than 5 minutes? Looks like a barn burner!!
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Now the purple cows and beavs think they're too cool for the WCHA.

7 men’s hockey programs plan to leave WCHA to create new conference in 2021

By Mick Hatten

Seven NCAA Division I men’s hockey programs announced Friday, June 28, that they plan to leave the WCHA to form a new conference that would begin play with the 2021-22 season.

The schools that plan to leave are Bemidji State University, Bowling Green State University, Ferris State University, Lake Superior State University, Michigan Tech University, Minnesota State University Mankato and Northern Michigan University. The WCHA has 10 men’s programs. The three schools that would be left in the WCHA are Alabama-Huntsville, the University of Alaska and Alaska-Anchorage.

The WCHA released a statement from men’s commissioner Bill Robertson late Friday afternoon.

“While this news is disappointing, the WCHA will work to assure that any members that do withdraw do so in accordance with WCHA Bylaws,” he said.

In a news release from the institutions sent out by Morris Kurtz, an athletics consultant, states that the teams plan to play the 2019-20 and 2020-21 seasons in the WCHA but have each independently submitted formal Letters of Notice to the WCHA to initiate the withdrawal process.

Kurtz is a former athletic director at St. Cloud State University and then spent 2 1/2 years as interim assistant athletic director for intercollegiate hockey and rugby at Penn State before leaving that position in 2015. Kurtz was athletic director at St. Cloud State when the men’s hockey program moved up from NCAA Division III to NCAA Division I.

In the release, it states that the presidents, athletic directors and coaches from the seven schools will not comment on the decision to leave the conference. Kurtz did not immediately return phone calls after the release was sent out.

The WCHA had 12 men’s hockey teams until 2013. In 2013, Minnesota and Wisconsin left the WCHA to be two of the six teams in the Big Ten hockey conference and Colorado College, Denver, Minnesota Duluth, Nebraska Omaha, North Dakota and St. Cloud State left the WCHA to be six of the eight teams in the NCHC.

The WCHA has been in existence as a men’s hockey conference since 1951.

The WCHA also has a women’s conference with seven programs: Bemidji State, Minnesota, Minnesota Duluth, Minnesota State-Mankato, Ohio State, St. Cloud State and Wisconsin. The WCHA has had a women’s conference since 1999.

Mick Hatten can be reached at mhatten@forumcomm.com. Follow @MickHatten on Twitter, Instagram.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Miley Cyrus wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:08 pm Now the purple cows and beavs think they're too cool for the WCHA.

By Mick Hatten

Seven NCAA Division I men’s hockey programs announced Friday, June 28, that they plan to leave the WCHA to form a new conference that would begin play with the 2021-22 season.

The schools that plan to leave are Bemidji State University, Bowling Green State University, Ferris State University, Lake Superior State University, Michigan Tech University, Minnesota State University Mankato and Northern Michigan University. The WCHA has 10 men’s programs. The three schools that would be left in the WCHA are Alabama-Huntsville, the University of Alaska and Alaska-Anchorage.

The WCHA released a statement from men’s commissioner Bill Robertson late Friday afternoon.

“While this news is disappointing, the WCHA will work to assure that any members that do withdraw do so in accordance with WCHA Bylaws,” he said.

In a news release from the institutions sent out by Morris Kurtz, an athletics consultant, states that the teams plan to play the 2019-20 and 2020-21 seasons in the WCHA but have each independently submitted formal Letters of Notice to the WCHA to initiate the withdrawal process.

Kurtz is a former athletic director at St. Cloud State University and then spent 2 1/2 years as interim assistant athletic director for intercollegiate hockey and rugby at Penn State before leaving that position in 2015. Kurtz was athletic director at St. Cloud State when the men’s hockey program moved up from NCAA Division III to NCAA Division I.

In the release, it states that the presidents, athletic directors and coaches from the seven schools will not comment on the decision to leave the conference. Kurtz did not immediately return phone calls after the release was sent out.

The WCHA had 12 men’s hockey teams until 2013. In 2013, Minnesota and Wisconsin left the WCHA to be two of the six teams in the Big Ten hockey conference and Colorado College, Denver, Minnesota Duluth, Nebraska Omaha, North Dakota and St. Cloud State left the WCHA to be six of the eight teams in the NCHC.

The WCHA also has a women’s conference with seven programs: Bemidji State, Minnesota, Minnesota Duluth, Minnesota State-Mankato, Ohio State, St. Cloud State and Wisconsin. The WCHA has had a women’s conference since 1999.

Mick Hatten can be reached at mhatten@forumcomm.com. Follow @MickHatten on Twitter, Instagram.
This is the final nail in the coffin for the Alaska schools in my opinion. I just don’t see either school continuing hockey once this new league starts. This could also put a damper on Alabama building their new rink. Time will tell I guess
milquetoast

Post by milquetoast »

Miley Cyrus wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:08 pm Now the purple cows and beavs think they're too cool for the WCHA.

By Mick Hatten

Appears that the institutions (ie, school admin & AD's) are fed up with Robertson & the way the WCHA is handled. If not - why not just boot the Alaska's & Bama? The WCHA will be effectively dead, so does this mean the rebirth of the CCHA? Since it is 7 teams leaving, are they looking to add AZ state?
When fact is fiction and TV reality
Cripes

Post by Cripes »

CCHA part 2 makes sense. Miami and Western Michigan might want in that, with maybe Mankato and Bemidji replacing them in the NCHC. Not sure what Arizona St is looking to do. Probably join the Big 10.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Cripes wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:37 pm CCHA part 2 makes sense. Miami and Western Michigan might want in that, with maybe Mankato and Bemidji replacing them in the NCHC. Not sure what Arizona St is looking to do. Probably join the Big 10.
That would make sense. I'd love to get those 2 schools in the NCHC
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Hornets wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:50 pm Sad news JimmyT…. :cry:

http://www.startribune.com/north-dakota ... 512488392/
Sadder yet is he took his own life