Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

2019 Gophers Hoops Recruits

Home for Gopher Basketball
Hornets

Re: 2019 Gophers Hoops Recruits

Post by Hornets »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:30 am
Hornets wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:13 pm WAIT....I'm confused. Your quote says he's likely not visiting here, then your new post says he is. WHICH IS IT? :pissed:
Shows you how things can change... the rumor in the summer was he wasn't listing the Gophers as a favorite, wasn't going to visit here. Now apparently some other schools have gotten commitments and backed off him, the Gophers have stayed on him the entire time and here.he.comes.

Long 6'8 SF, can shoot, great a finishing around the rim.
Sounds like a combination of Miles Tarver and Bob Martin rolled into one.....go get em Richard!!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Hornets wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:36 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:30 am
Hornets wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:13 pm WAIT....I'm confused. Your quote says he's likely not visiting here, then your new post says he is. WHICH IS IT? :pissed:
Shows you how things can change... the rumor in the summer was he wasn't listing the Gophers as a favorite, wasn't going to visit here. Now apparently some other schools have gotten commitments and backed off him, the Gophers have stayed on him the entire time and here.he.comes.

Long 6'8 SF, can shoot, great a finishing around the rim.
Sounds like a combination of Miles Tarver and Bob Martin rolled into one.....go get em Richard!!
RTB, Gus Gus!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Here you go, Gus!

thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:58 pm Here you go, Gus!

BOOYA!! :clap: :naners:
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Great get for Pitino to start off the 2019 class. David Roddy visits this weekend. I think they still need a center for this class.

Longer Matthew Hurt waits, the better for the Gophers.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Took me awhile to realize LaTrayvion, and Tray Jackson are the same person on ESPN data base...they have two seperate pages for them though. One has him as their #56 recruit (LaTrayvion), the other just got put up recently (Tray)...likely immediately after the commit.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:56 pm Took me awhile to realize LaTrayvion, and Tray Jackson are the same person on ESPN data base...they have two seperate pages for them though. One has him as their #56 recruit (LaTrayvion), the other just got put up recently (Tray)...likely immediately after the commit.
Tray Jackson is at Sunrise this year as a prep school year... I was confused because I thought he was a Michigan kid and now he's at Sunrise.

David Roddy visiting this weekend, if he doesn't commit during the visit or quickly after, I doubt he'd end up here. Northwestern visit is next month and Colorado St put on the full court press last weekend.

Other guys the Gophers are hard after...

Jared Jones -- PF/C
Toumani Camara -- SF from Florida.. originally from another country, can't remember top of my head
Matthew Hurt and Zeke Nnaji on the radar until they commit.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Gophers offered a juco wing, Sardaar Calhoun.

Still talking to Tyson Etienne, combo guard from New Jersey.

Others names out there too...… I'd have to look more.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

The Replacements wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:23 am After the recent problems at Arizona, I wouldn't put them in the blue blood category. UCLA is not a blue blood but some recruits are still drawn to the history of the program and good weather. Not sure how Indiana and Ohio St. are viewed now with all the changes. I'm not saying he chooses Wisconsin but right now they still have as good as chance as anybody.
Nnaji down to: Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Baylor and Purdue.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Gophers did apparently have Gultekin (SF from Maryland) visit with Roddy I guess recently. No steam on either committing yet.

Jared Jones PF/C, supposed to visit this upcoming weekend, committed to Northwestern yesterday.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Tray Jackson leaves Pitino in the dust...... :pissed:

Now HAS to get Hurt...….HAS to.
full force five

Post by full force five »

As awesome as last years class was this years is a total disaster.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Hornets wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:31 pm Tray Jackson leaves Pitino in the dust...... :pissed:

Now HAS to get Hurt...….HAS to.
That would be incredible... I still think the longer he waits to make a decision, the better for Minnesota.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

full force five wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:17 am As awesome as last years class was this years is a total disaster.
It is. Pitino has recruited really well in the spring so assuming they have a better year than last year, are a bubble team or make the NCAA (I think they have to be there for Pitino to save his job), perhaps they can get a boost for spring recruiting. Maybe they attract a couple of grad transfers and some other really good players.

I think it's better to wait to the spring versus taking lesser players in the fall. The foundation for the 19-20 team is pretty solid. They lose Murphy, McBrayer, Stockman and Stull --- so they needed a wing or two as well as some bigs. PG with Washington/Carr and some Willis should be fine.
full force five

Post by full force five »

If by some miracle they add Hurt, they will be fine with whoever else they add. Oturu/Curry, Omersa , Hurt, Gabe,Willis, Coffey and Washington would be a fun group next year.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

full force five wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:16 am If by some miracle they add Hurt, they will be fine with whoever else they add. Oturu/Curry, Omersa , Hurt, Gabe,Willis, Coffey and Washington would be a fun group next year.
They could add Matthew Hurt's three best friends in Rochester and him and they'd be fine.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:04 am
full force five wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:17 am As awesome as last years class was this years is a total disaster.
It is. Pitino has recruited really well in the spring so assuming they have a better year than last year, are a bubble team or make the NCAA (I think they have to be there for Pitino to save his job), perhaps they can get a boost for spring recruiting. Maybe they attract a couple of grad transfers and some other really good players.

I think it's better to wait to the spring versus taking lesser players in the fall. The foundation for the 19-20 team is pretty solid. They lose Murphy, McBrayer, Stockman and Stull --- so they needed a wing or two as well as some bigs. PG with Washington/Carr and some Willis should be fine.
Have you heard anything on guys like Kobe Brown, Myron Gardner, Dereon Seabron, etc? I'm starting to get pretty worried.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Kobe Brown has visited a shit ton of schools.... all he does is visits.

Gardner went quiet, maybe grades related.

Seabron visited recently... thought I heard he was going to decide in December though?

There's a wing, Calhoun, juco player who is really good that they're trying to find out if he can qualify next year versus going two years at juco.

Roddy should announce soon. he'd be a good get.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:42 pm Kobe Brown has visited a shit ton of schools.... all he does is visits.

Seabron visited recently... thought I heard he was going to decide in December though?

There's a wing, Calhoun, juco player who is really good that they're trying to find out if he can qualify next year versus going two years at juco.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I wonder if we are going harder after Roddy with Jackson de-committing?
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:49 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:42 pm Kobe Brown has visited a shit ton of schools.... all he does is visits.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I wonder if we are going harder after Roddy with Jackson de-committing?
I'm sure they're going after him hard regardless... I think he might end up at Wyoming though playing football.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Dereon Seabron - wing .. VCU after big. Unknown time frame
Kobe Brown -- alabama wing.. just visiting schools constantly
David Roddy -- who knows!
Deang Deang -- juco kid from Madison. Wing -- issue is having too many kids lined up as juniors next year? I think he'd commit if Gophers wanted him.
Nathan Johnson -- iowa kid who is taking a year at Sunrise. Raw … visiting Ole Miss. Gophers still attached to him
Myron Gardner.. down to Xavier/Cincy
Luka Barisic -- same juco team as Deang. Skilled big has visited here but might wait until the spring to decide
Sardaar Calhoun -- not a qualifier yet
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Isnt it pretty uncommon to have zero commitments for the upcoming class at this time?
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:45 am Isnt it pretty uncommon to have zero commitments for the upcoming class at this time?
Yes. It's concerning though I'm guessing they felt good with Jackson committing and there's probably a kid or two they could take as a commit right now if they wanted but wanted to stay patient and see what happens with Hurt/Roddy. Both were at the scrimmage yesterday.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

David Roddy announcing next week. Colorado St/Northwestern/MN .. betting money is on a big ten team and Northwestern has a couple of PFs already committed. I think he ends up at Minnesota.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

6-foot-5 2019 shooting Gerald Drumgoole, Jr. will officially visit Minnesota this weekend. Per Ryan James
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Goodnews Kpegeol -- local wing from North St Paul is getting plenty of interest now too. Gophers haven't offered yet though.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:00 am David Roddy announcing next week. Colorado St/Northwestern/MN .. betting money is on a big ten team and Northwestern has a couple of PFs already committed. I think he ends up at Minnesota.
Looks like the Reid Travis thing is going to happen again... Roddy has spent a lot of time at the U recently but people in the know say MN is behind Colorado St and Northwestern. Ryan James expects him to pick Northwestern.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

My people say he IS NOT going to come here.... :pissed:
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Hornets wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:52 pm My people say he IS NOT going to come here.... :pissed:
He has already notified the Goofs. NOT HERE.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:30 pm
Hornets wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:52 pm My people say he IS NOT going to come here.... :pissed:
He has already notified the Goofs. NOT HERE.
Things not going so well for coach Pitino lately....