Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Gophers Football thread

Home for Gopher football topics
SKOLMN

Re: Gophers Football thread

Post by SKOLMN »

Pretty good write up style :thumbsup:
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Sounds like it's more likely than not that they'll have a new OC next year.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

feekdogg wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:38 pm Sounds like it's more likely than not that they'll have a new OC next year.
Did one of the defensive assistants leave too? Some fans on twitter are freaking out, usually it's a good thing if your assistants are getting promoted (in the case of the guys who are not coordinators, looks like OC guy is getting closer to home?).
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:54 pm
feekdogg wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:38 pm Sounds like it's more likely than not that they'll have a new OC next year.
Did one of the defensive assistants leave too? Some fans on twitter are freaking out, usually it's a good thing if your assistants are getting promoted (in the case of the guys who are not coordinators, looks like OC guy is getting closer to home?).
The DL coach is going to be co-defensive coordinator at UNC Charlotte. I guess that's a step up. The OC is a lateral move at best. Has to be something more to it. The closer to home angle doesn't mean a lot, as these guys spend most of their time in the office or out recruiting, so what's the point?
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

He informed the staff he was leaving this morning. Must have gotten him back to the table with a raise.
The Lizard King

Post by The Lizard King »

"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." - KDC
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

The Lizard King wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:26 am
He had zero catches last year for the 5-7 Trojans.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Bob Wiley wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:15 pm
I don't mind taking a shot on a former 4 star wr that's 6'4. Did he redshirt last year?
The Lizard King

USC is loaded at WR. He had very little playing time.
"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." - KDC
The Lizard King

HeHateMe wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:26 pm
I don't mind taking a shot on a former 4 star wr that's 6'4. Did he redshirt last year?
Yes, due to the new redshirt rules. He played in fewer than 5 games last seasons and took a redshirt. He has 3 years of eligibility with the goophs, assuming he doesn't transfer again.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Interesting get. Maybe he won't work out here, or maybe he gets a lot more opportunity here than he did at USC, and he turns out great. Either way, it seems worth the chance.

When its all done, he could be a 6th year senior for us, correct? Played freshman year at USC, redhirted last year, has to sit out this year, then he's got three years of eligibility left, because he's only played one season, right?
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Silly not to take a flyer on him....who knows, maybe turns into the next LT!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Style

Post by Style »

DB coach headed to WV.

Bring back Sawvell!
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
full force five

Post by full force five »

Adding a 6'4" 300 DT grad transfer from Notre Dame.

full force five

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Seems like a solid addition for this season. The WR for after Johnson graduates. Something is cooking here Rubes. Ole PJ might be on to something.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

So when are we getting a QB?
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

They have an incoming freshman that is supposed to be pretty solid. Plus the two are on the roster already are better than anything else they've had in a long time. Granted, that isn't really saying much.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I know this is a pipe dream but if Maryland can get Jalen Hurts to look their way why aren't we going after any of these transfer QBs?

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

That was a little surprising. You'd think he would want to go somewhere with a legit shot at winning.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Sure, I feel ya.. but if I'm one of these QBs, and I believe in myself that much.. I would guess that this team is only a talented QB away from winning.

#BaltimoreStrong
full force five

Gophers are looking at no worse than 8-4 next year. Not sure how much the ND DT will help, depth guy. You beat Wisconsin, Iowa, NW and Nebraska along the OL and DL. That is what PJ is doing, loading up.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:24 am Sure, I feel ya.. but if I'm one of these QBs, and I believe in myself that much.. I would guess that this team is only a talented QB away from winning.
I do think Clark will be the real deal for the Gophers, not sure I expect it next year though. I'm fine with another year of Annexstad/Morgan.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Notre Dame transfer seems to have a lot to do with the OJ Smith kid declaring for the draft.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

I feel QB is coming along fine. Annextad and Morgan are the best freshman duo this program has had since Leidner and Nelson, which I know isn't saying much...but then you add in two more decent prospects in this class, and it seems they will be on the track for someone to step up. Might take awhile as all are sophomore or younger.

One thing I know, is PJ won't just declare a guy to be the guy for the next several years, like Kill did with Leidner. PJ has said his job is to outrecruit the talent on his own team, so he isnt just going to fall in love with one guy and ignore the position for 4 years.
The Lizard King

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:37 pm Interesting get. Maybe he won't work out here, or maybe he gets a lot more opportunity here than he did at USC, and he turns out great. Either way, it seems worth the chance.

When its all done, he could be a 6th year senior for us, correct? Played freshman year at USC, redhirted last year, has to sit out this year, then he's got three years of eligibility left, because he's only played one season, right?
Yes.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Jalen Hurts to Oklahoma.
Let's get Tropical
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

lol at Tate Martell warning Fields to not come to tOSU, and then Fields following and liking a bunch of his sisters pictures on instagram, then Martell transferring.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:55 pm lol at Tate Martell warning Fields to not come to tOSU, and then Fields following and liking a bunch of his sisters pictures on instagram, then Martell transferring.
I know, right?! lol

I want to watch that QB1 show now just to see how delusional he is.

#BaltimoreStrong