Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Gophers Football thread

Home for Gopher football topics
hategreenticemase

Re: Gophers Football thread

Post by hategreenticemase »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:44 pm Good lawd.

Philip John, you must lead these young men into elite individuals. This isn't a "Elite" act fellas.

"Teh Tube was involved in many a domestic in hospital younger days"....Can't. Make. It. Up. :lol:
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:57 pm

Philip John, you must lead these young men into elite individuals. This isn't a "Elite" act fellas.

"Teh Tube was involved in many a domestic in hospital younger days"....Can't. Make. It. Up. :lol:
He's "Obsessed" folks.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

:lol: :lol:
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:29 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:57 pm

He's "Obsessed" folks.
:lol:

It's called reporting the news. Whenever 'teh tube' posts garbage such as his racist crap, his narcissistic, made up self indulged "please look at me" drivel, or preaches at someone like in this post which is like a 400 pound dude calling someone fat, ol hgtm will be here mocking it. Post like a normal grown ass man and you won't hear from hgtm again.
Last edited by hategreenticemase on Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
hategreenticemase

Did we ever hear what they actually did?
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

PJ on KFAN right now addressing the 6-8 players thing

Says he has no idea where that number came from. Says players are allowed to take practice off for things like finals, preparation for finals, some might not be at practice because they've already made a decision to transfer. After saying all that, he said two players will be missing the bowl game for disciplinary reasons.

So the 6-8 number is now 2.

I still think Cashman is somehow involved, and rather than take punishment, he just quit. I base that on nothing substantial, just connecting some dots.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Did PJ flip anyone last minute? I remember him getting Faalele and Dunlap near the end last year, but haven't seen anyone like that this year.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:55 pm Did PJ flip anyone last minute? I remember him getting Faalele and Dunlap near the end last year, but haven't seen anyone like that this year.
He flipped a pretty good juco defensive back from Kentucky I think. Guy never visited campus here and Fleck got him to flip. Kentucky had no clue he wasn't going to sign today.

I don't know a ton about the class other than what I read.. by all accounts he beefed up the defense quite a bit in this class and added what should be the best QB in the program in a year or so. He's got some options at QB now with two guys having some experience, Cole Kramer from EP who will likely redshirt and then Jacob Clark who is the stud from Texas. I'm assuming they'll do their best to redshirt him and turn the keys back to Annexstad (or Morgan if he can beat out Annexstad).. either way, good to have options. If you can redshirt Clark, have him ready to go for the 2020 season as a 3, maybe 4 year starter.

Looks like one of the 4 star defensive linemen didn't sign today but Fleck is still hoping he does for this early period. Either way, really good class. There were some guys they signed today that had schools like Clemson calling within the last 24-48 hours asking them to hold off on signing today.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

From what I read, they are still only the 8th ranked class in the Big10.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Rodents have GOT to win 8 next year minimum or the season will be a failure, wouldn't you type?
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
INSIJS

Post by INSIJS »

Hornets wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:21 pm Rodents have GOT to win 8 next year minimum or the season will be a failure, wouldn't you type?
😂
Fuck you. :finger: Original RC 2004 & RC Kickball Team. :drinky:
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Bob Wiley wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:15 pm From what I read, they are still only the 8th ranked class in the Big10.
#8 in the Big Ten according to ESPN, yet #33 nationally by ESPN.

I havent really looked at the other Big Ten classes, but #33 nationally for where this team sits right now is cool with me.

Also, something that recruiting sites always miss, as they rank just stars, is opportunity. You put a highly rated 3 star in this program, and he will have more opportunity to excel immediately, as opposed to some of the other BIG schools.
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:22 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:55 pm Did PJ flip anyone last minute? I remember him getting Faalele and Dunlap near the end last year, but haven't seen anyone like that this year.
He flipped a pretty good juco defensive back from Kentucky I think. Guy never visited campus here and Fleck got him to flip. Kentucky had no clue he wasn't going to sign today.

I don't know a ton about the class other than what I read.. by all accounts he beefed up the defense quite a bit in this class and added what should be the best QB in the program in a year or so. He's got some options at QB now with two guys having some experience, Cole Kramer from EP who will likely redshirt and then Jacob Clark who is the stud from Texas. I'm assuming they'll do their best to redshirt him and turn the keys back to Annexstad (or Morgan if he can beat out Annexstad).. either way, good to have options. If you can redshirt Clark, have him ready to go for the 2020 season as a 3, maybe 4 year starter.

Looks like one of the 4 star defensive linemen didn't sign today but Fleck is still hoping he does for this early period. Either way, really good class. There were some guys they signed today that had schools like Clemson calling within the last 24-48 hours asking them to hold off on signing today.
I have been to a few EP games this year and I don't see a way where this guy gets on the field. He's not an accurate QB and honestly he isn't THAT much of an athlete for a position change.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:13 am
HeHateMe wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:22 pm

I have been to a few EP games this year and I don't see a way where this guy gets on the field. He's not an accurate QB and honestly he isn't THAT much of an athlete for a position change.
Beef him up a bit, maybe they get him involved in the future like Seth Green's role right now. Who knows. I remember once upon a time the Gophers landed a local kid who was a qb but speculated TE -- Leidner. Once everyone else left, he was the last man standing. I've never seen the kid play but I would assume if he ever starts at qb, it means everyone else left or he improved so much you had to play him.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Not trying to knock the Stephens kid, and its just pure speculation, but I think Legend being his uncle had something to do with Fleck going after him. And its not a knock on Fleck either. Fleck thinks outside the box, I'm sure he has some visions of Legend doing the Gopher at a home game, or doing something cool for the student fan base.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Why would Fleck care about him being Legend's nephew?
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:47 pm Not trying to knock the Stephens kid, and its just pure speculation, but I think Legend being his uncle had something to do with Fleck going after him. And its not a knock on Fleck either. Fleck thinks outside the box, I'm sure he has some visions of Legend doing the Gopher at a home game, or doing something cool for the student fan base.
You can't be serious.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:24 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:47 pm Not trying to knock the Stephens kid, and its just pure speculation, but I think Legend being his uncle had something to do with Fleck going after him. And its not a knock on Fleck either. Fleck thinks outside the box, I'm sure he has some visions of Legend doing the Gopher at a home game, or doing something cool for the student fan base.
You can't be serious.
Fleck thinks outside the box.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Nice start for the white and maroon team in the bowl game.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Slap Shot wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:29 am Why would Fleck care about him being Legend's nephew?
An appearance here or two at TCF. Maybe some instagram photos of him wearing Maroon and Gold. Fleck's got some marketing in his mind, no doubt. Of course Fleck didn't go after Stephens just because of his uncle, but of course he's wondering if he can use him somehow down the road.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Ibrahim in the open field with a full head of steam, jesus. DB's are getting murdered.
Let's get Tropical
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:42 pm
Slap Shot wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:29 am Why would Fleck care about him being Legend's nephew?
An appearance here or two at TCF. Maybe some instagram photos of him wearing Maroon and Gold. Fleck's got some marketing in his mind, no doubt. Of course Fleck didn't go after Stephens just because of his uncle, but of course he's wondering if he can use him somehow down the road.
I doubt it. You're talking about a minuscule impact.

Good start on the scoreboard but need to finish. I can't watch as I'm waiting for a flight.
Clubhouseleader

Post by Clubhouseleader »

Great half but letting them go 30 yards in the last 20 seconds to get on the board before the half could come back to haunt.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

GT's punter is not having a good day. Is he always that bad?
Let's get Tropical
Clubhouseleader

Post by Clubhouseleader »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:07 pm GT's punter is not having a good day. Is he always that bad?
He’s 280 pounds
bri

Post by bri »

These officials are terrible
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

how is this not being challenged?
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Why did it take so long to get to the review, and why is the review taking so long? That one is easy.
Let's get Tropical
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Gophers gonna get fucked on this?
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Clubhouseleader wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:10 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:07 pm GT's punter is not having a good day. Is he always that bad?
He’s 280 pounds
He's averaging 44.3 per punt!
Let's get Tropical