Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Gophers Football thread

Home for Gopher football topics
INSIJS

Re: Gophers Football thread

Post by INSIJS »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:58 pm
feekdogg wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:52 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:40 pm

I was mistaken, thought it was a new commit, but it was an old thread bumped.

Some WR, still committed.
I was confused, thought I missed something.
Demaryion Houston, 4-star WR from Oklahoma reached out last week to see if they still had room. He decommitted from Texas today. Offers from lots of big programs. Keep an eye out there.
If you are PJ, you tell Demaryion "Fuck yeah! we got room, RTB!"
I was going to say the same thing. :beer:
Fuck you. :finger: Original RC 2004 & RC Kickball Team. :drinky:
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Kenni Burns (RB coach) Likely off to Eastern Illinois as the head coach. Good for him, big loss for PJ.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Gopher got two commits
Rashad Cheney, DT. 4 star
Damarion Williams, CB. 3 star
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Bet on GT.
The shit's about to hit the fan.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:02 am Kenni Burns (RB coach) Likely off to Eastern Illinois as the head coach. Good for him, big loss for PJ.
He's staying now I guess? Turned 'em down.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

feekdogg wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:49 am Bet on GT.
huh?
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:59 am
huh?
There's about to be a few open schollies.
Cripes

Post by Cripes »

Several Gophers football players disciplined, face possible bowl game suspension
The alleged team rule violations reported from the sources do not involve assault or violence. Sources cited reasons for the disciplinary action, and the names of some players involved, but since those details have not been confirmed, the Star Tribune is not publishing that information. The number of players disciplined is said to be between six and eight, several sources said.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

The lesson here is that you probably shouldn't put photos of you and your buddies doing lines on Instagram.

It's a really odd coincidence that Blake Cashman announced he was skipping the bowl game right before this came out.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

BWA
HA
HA
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

feekdogg wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:40 pm The lesson here is that you probably shouldn't put photos of you and your buddies doing lines on Instagram.

It's a really odd coincidence that Blake Cashman announced he was skipping the bowl game right before this came out.
Explain a little bit for us not in the know please? Pictures would be nice too.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

just scanned the 10 pages on GH to see what was going on. That place is toxic...always blaming the media for their favorite football team's transgressions. If its not the media they are blaming, its the higher ups in Gopher athletics...then, there is also the blaming on PJ for not sweeping it under the rug.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:40 pm
feekdogg wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:40 pm The lesson here is that you probably shouldn't put photos of you and your buddies doing lines on Instagram.

There was a little too much partying after Wiscy. Someone busted out the Peruvian Marching Powder. Of course, these morons were smart enough to document this on social media. The staff monitors social media really closely. The good news is that it appears that most of the players involved were actually walk-ons.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

feekdogg wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:11 am

There was a little too much partying after Wiscy. Someone busted out the Peruvian Marching Powder. Of course, these morons were smart enough to document this on social media. The staff monitors social media really closely. The good news is that it appears that most of the players involved were actually walk-ons.
What about Cashman and Greene? Wolfson was tweeting there's more to the story of Cashman leaving the program before the bowl game.

I can't believe Cashman left for his NFL safety. Right now, is he even viewed as someone who will be drafted? He needed this extra game to help his draft stock.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

It's no coincidence that Cashman announced he was skipping the bowl game right before the news dropped.

Greene wasn't involved.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:09 am
feekdogg wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:11 am

What about Cashman and Greene? Wolfson was tweeting there's more to the story of Cashman leaving the program before the bowl game.

I can't believe Cashman left for his NFL safety. Right now, is he even viewed as someone who will be drafted? He needed this extra game to help his draft stock.
End of the day, I don't mind any of these guys who think they might get drafted skipping a bowl game for a 6-6 team. The results of the game are fairly meaningless to me too-- now if they were sitting at 9-3 or 10-2 playing one around new year's day I might think otherwise.

It was good for them to get to 6 wins and get extra practices and one more game.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:59 pm just scanned the 10 pages on GH to see what was going on. That place is toxic...always blaming the media for their favorite football team's transgressions. If its not the media they are blaming, its the higher ups in Gopher athletics...then, there is also the blaming on PJ for not sweeping it under the rug.
If nothing illegal happen, meh. Running the train on a drunk girl is a major, major issue. Acting like dumbasses on a weekend...
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

feekdogg wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:15 am It's no coincidence that Cashman announced he was skipping the bowl game right before the news dropped.

Greene wasn't involved.
So he was a part of it?
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

hategreenticemase wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:45 am
feekdogg wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:15 am It's no coincidence that Cashman announced he was skipping the bowl game right before the news dropped.

Greene wasn't involved.
So he was a part of it?
Connect the dots.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

There are always gonna be kids that need baby sitters. You can not eliminate the moran factor completely.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
full force five

Post by full force five »

Does anyone know who or is this just total speculation? I've not seen a list or what happened.
Style

Post by Style »

Thanks for the info, feekdogg. Any way for me to get Gopher news without reading GH is a win.

MUCH appreciated.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

full force five wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:15 pm Does anyone know who or is this just total speculation? I've not seen a list or what happened.
Haven't seen a list, read it was about 6 guys and most are already back at practice. Handled internally, nothing to worry about going forward.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

full force five

This report by the strib (maybe was written in the pioneer press as well) seem way to vague and inconsequential. Maybe that's just me.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

full force five wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:28 pm This report by the strib (maybe was written in the pioneer press as well) seem way to vague and inconsequential. Maybe that's just me.
It has to be. The authorities were not involved. Staff saw pictures, staff dealt with involved parties, no police involvement. You can't really print that Player A was caught using blow or whatever without an arrest/charges. Of course the police could really start digging into the situation further, but they really probably have better things to do.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Good lawd.

Philip John, you must lead these young men into elite individuals. This isn't a "Elite" act fellas.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
full force five

Can you say yellow journalism. Desperate attempt by a desperate media form that is dead.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:44 pm Good lawd.

Philip John, you must lead these young men into elite individuals. This isn't a "Elite" act fellas.
"this isn't an elite act" yet we don't even have full clarification what happened. Nice work, Boobtube.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

So are the gophers now an “elite” program at 6-6? Is that where the bar is?