Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Gophers Football thread

Home for Gopher football topics
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: Gophers Football thread

Post by HeHateMe »

Can't tell you, I thought he was going to be a star though... and posted about it often.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Where is Jones now? Last I saw he was possibly heading to prison for drug charges, which is another issue altogether... did he ever play a down for the Gophers?
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Mandatory wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:43 am Where is Jones now? Last I saw he was possibly heading to prison for drug charges, which is another issue altogether... did he ever play a down for the Gophers?
I thought he was bouncing around juco colleges, I haven't looked recently. And yes, he did see game time... I think they moved him to defensive back because he was having concussion issues.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Who takes more snaps as a Gopher QB? Vic Viramontes or Seth Green?
Cripes

Post by Cripes »

feekdogg wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:40 pm Who takes more snaps as a Gopher QB? Vic Viramontes or Seth Green?
:lol: Gophers QB Vic Viramontes transferring back to California junior college
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Cripes wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:09 am
feekdogg wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:40 pm Who takes more snaps as a Gopher QB? Vic Viramontes or Seth Green?
:lol: Gophers QB Vic Viramontes transferring back to California junior college
What the fuck? People thought this guy was gonna be the answer too. He must have just been butt awful in Spring.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Another swing and a miss by PJ Fraud.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

feekdogg wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:43 pm Another swing and a miss by PJ Fraud.
what do you mean, another?
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Guy must have been a complete idiot....
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:51 pm
Ken Handy Holley, Adam Beck
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

feekdogg wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:47 pm
Teams lose players. Happens to literally all of them.

The Vic thing is a little unique though.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:52 pm

Of course they do. But it's usually guys who weren't good enough who go elsewhere looking for playing time. DB is about as thin as it can be. Two guys, one with a burned red shirt going elsewhere when PT is guaranteed? Huge red flag. It's not like Claeys recruited those two. These are 2 highly touted PJ recruits in a position of need bolting after a year.
And yeah, the Vic issue is unique. First, Fleck states how much he doesn't like Jucos, because that isn't the right way to build a program. But he's able to pull this guy and nobody bats an eye. But it turns out that he's just a bigger dude who ran over talentless JC scrubs. And he quits before Fleck runs him out. Never even makes day 1 of official practice. And now they enter the year with one QB on scholarship. Idiotic.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

feekdogg wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:17 pm

Of course they do. But it's usually guys who weren't good enough who go elsewhere looking for playing time. DB is about as thin as it can be. Two guys, one with a burned red shirt going elsewhere when PT is guaranteed? Huge red flag. It's not like Claeys recruited those two. These are 2 highly touted PJ recruits in a position of need bolting after a year.
And yeah, the Vic issue is unique. First, Fleck states how much he doesn't like Jucos, because that isn't the right way to build a program. But he's able to pull this guy and nobody bats an eye. But it turns out that he's just a bigger dude who ran over talentless JC scrubs. And he quits before Fleck runs him out. Never even makes day 1 of official practice. And now they enter the year with one QB on scholarship. Idiotic.
Vic has a long history of bolting teams, and he still has three years of eligibility...maybe that should have been a red flag for PJ. However, he had to try to hit a homerun...he just simply wasnt left with anything at QB. As far as him saying JUCO isnt the way to build a program...he never said he won't recruit JUCO. JUCO can help patch some holes in recruiting, and it would be dumb to not use it. For these lower tier Power 5 programs with new coaches, you have to do some patching in the first few years.

Further on Vic...he clearly isnt who PJ thought he was. For the transfer back to JUCO, maybe it had something to do with grades? Rumor is he is switching positions...he could have just done that while staying with the Gophers. He also could have went to FCS ala Streveler, and ran over some less talented players there. Going back to JUCO very well could be a sign of academic eligibility.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

It isn't grades. He simply quit. I knew about this Friday morning, but was asked to keep it quiet (which I mostly did).
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

I re-watched some of the spring game... I'm not surprised he was further down the depth chart at QB but they could have absolutely used him in a part time role. Pistol formation/wildcat formation, etc -- if he can make some throws, his legs are certainly good enough at this level. Home sick apparently played into this whole thing too.
full force five

Post by full force five »

Going back to his old CC to play linebacker. That kids isn't a QB in the big 10. I would this was a major miss by PJ Fleck but I do think Morgan has potential.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

feekdogg wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:15 am It isn't grades. He simply quit. I knew about this Friday morning, but was asked to keep it quiet (which I mostly did).
Sid?
Ketchup can be nuancy
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

feekdogg wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:15 am It isn't grades. He simply quit. I knew about this Friday morning, but was asked to keep it quiet (which I mostly did).
Cool story, why don't you blog about it.

#BaltimoreStrong
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Mandatory wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:54 pm
Cool story, why don't you blog about it.
I'll blog your fucking face.
milquetoast

Post by milquetoast »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:52 am
feekdogg wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:17 pm

Vic has a long history of bolting teams, and he still has three years of eligibility...maybe that should have been a red flag for PJ. However, he had to try to hit a homerun...he just simply wasnt left with anything at QB. As far as him saying JUCO isnt the way to build a program...he never said he won't recruit JUCO. JUCO can help patch some holes in recruiting, and it would be dumb to not use it. For these lower tier Power 5 programs with new coaches, you have to do some patching in the first few years.

Further on Vic...he clearly isnt who PJ thought he was. For the transfer back to JUCO, maybe it had something to do with grades? Rumor is he is switching positions...he could have just done that while staying with the Gophers. He also could have went to FCS ala Streveler, and ran over some less talented players there. Going back to JUCO very well could be a sign of academic eligibility.
I see he made the Winnipeg Blue Bombers roster. Know who didn't ....... Philip Nelson.
When fact is fiction and TV reality
Cripes

Post by Cripes »

Vic wasn’t ELITE.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Lulz. Reusse used crap a bunch of Gopherholers wrote when Vic committed and called them out in his blog today. High level trolling.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

feekdogg wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:19 am Lulz. Reusse used crap a bunch of Gopherholers wrote when Vic committed and called them out in his blog today. High level trolling.
Link? I'd like to read that.

#BaltimoreStrong
Ask Not

Post by Ask Not »

Mandatory wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:30 am
feekdogg wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:19 am Lulz. Reusse used crap a bunch of Gopherholers wrote when Vic committed and called them out in his blog today. High level trolling.
www.startribune.com
I think it's an online rag out of the Caicos Islands (my islands, btw). Glad I could help.
Ketchup can be nuancy
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

http://www.startribune.com/this-wasn-t- ... 484681271/

Ask Not is a total dick.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

feekdogg wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:36 am

Ask Not is a total dick.
Everyone hates that guy.. but ignorance is bliss they say...

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Well.. while Reusse comes off as an incredibly bitter old man like usual, I can't help but admit I thoroughly enjoyed that.

#BaltimoreStrong
Ask Not

Post by Ask Not »

feekdogg wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:36 am

Ask Not is a total dick.
Damn, you're horny this morning.
NTTAWWT
Ketchup can be nuancy
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Jacob Clark commits... Fleck needed that one... for next year of course.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:14 am Jacob Clark commits... Fleck needed that one... for next year of course.
The next Mitch Leidner?