Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Gophers Football thread

Home for Gopher football topics
Face The Facts

Re: Gophers Football thread

Post by Face The Facts »

I'm excited for this weekends game against Fresno. This is an important game for the team. Fresno might be a good squad.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Fleck already covered himself in case of loss, saying Jeff Tedford is one the greatest coaches in college football history.
Of course, he also said New Mexico State is a "really good football team".

:lol:
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

feekdogg wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:03 pm Fleck already covered himself in case of loss, saying Jeff Tedford is one the greatest coaches in college football history.
Of course, he also said New Mexico State is a "really good football team".

Thats classic. Much like Punky was, Fleck is best listened to with the sound off! Let's just hope the picture is much better than it was with Punky!
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

This feels like a different program than we're used to seeing. No they're not elite yet by any stretch and won't play in an important bowl game this season but it does look like they're making real progress. And have what - 50 Fr. active?
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Slap Shot wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:37 pm This feels like a different program than we're used to seeing. No they're not elite yet by any stretch and won't play in an important bowl game this season but it does look like they're making real progress. And have what - 50 Fr. active?
And he's redshirting loads of guys from his last class, including most of his top ranked guys from every relevant recruiting sight. Gonna gain experience this year, while adding an influx of RS freshman next year.

Dunlap and Faalele next year and for 3 more!
Jack Hoff

Post by Jack Hoff »

JPM wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:54 pm Mitch "don't know what you got til it's gone" Leidner makes every QB since look pathetic so far.
You mean Mitch”first round pick”Leidner? Bwahahaha!!!!!
Jack Hoff

Post by Jack Hoff »

Gophers running back Rodney Smith will miss the remainder of the season with a left knee injury, the school announced Monday, a devastating blow to a young team that is off to a promising start.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Jack Hoff wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:14 pm Gophers running back Rodney Smith will miss the remainder of the season with a left knee injury, the school announced Monday, a devastating blow to a young team that is off to a promising start.
But now we'll have Smith AND Brooks back next year, and that will be even better as this young team matures!

ROSEBOWL 2020!!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

awesome, another freshman to lean on with Smith gone.

Silver lining, Smtih will likely be granted another year of eligibility...Shannon Brooks and Rodney Smith duo returning in 2019?
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

bubu dubu. wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:31 pm awesome, another freshman to lean on with Smith gone.

Silver lining, Smtih will likely be granted another year of eligibility...Shannon Brooks and Rodney Smith duo returning in 2019?
Umm, I just typed that right above you.... :pissed:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Hornets wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:53 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:31 pm awesome, another freshman to lean on with Smith gone.

Umm, I just typed that right above you.... :pissed:
:thumbsup:

a 6th year is sometimes an issue, but I don't think it will be at all this time around...especially for a guy who might sniff the NFL if the NCAA gives him a chance. My only issue, is that it will come at the expense of whoever, if anyone else emerges this year. Could lead to a transfer.

Another possibility is bringing Brooks back if he's ready ahead of time. Its been speculated that he will be available at some point this season, but it likely wouldn't be until the final 2 or 3 games, to retain his eligibility for a year. Maybe he's ready to go with 4 or 5 games left, and they bring him in to play in a thirsty position? Unlikely, but, maybe?
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

The problem with the Gophers is they are playing in the wrong conference. They have an "elite" MAC coach and could dominate the MAC.
Bailey'sBigBoot

Post by Bailey'sBigBoot »

only 29.5 underdogs. PJ really has this team flying.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Gophers offered another Winfield.

Small guy, packed with a punch, as his families MO is. This guy is extra small though, 5'5. Gophers are also his first offer. Some Gopherholers are speculating its a move to help prevent Antoine Jr from leaving.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:41 pm Gophers offered another Winfield.

Small guy, packed with a punch, as his families MO is. This guy is extra small though, 5'5. Gophers are also his first offer. Some Gopherholers are speculating its a move to help prevent Antoine Jr from leaving.
Fine with me. They give scholarships to backup punters these days apparently.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Tracy Claeys, winning at Washington State, thinks his Gophers would have been winners, too
Former U football coach Tracy Claeys, fired after the 2016 season, is defensive coordinator for 14th-ranked Washington State -- and is a bit sick of hearing about the 'culture' change in Gophers football.

Claeys is also happy, being associated with Leach — “He’s not all ate up with football; he talks about more different things than any coach I know” — but he is a bit sick of hearing about the “culture” change with Gophers football.

“We were 11-and-8 after I took over for Jerry and six of those losses were to teams with 10 or more wins,” Claeys said. “We didn’t lose to teams we were supposed to beat; except that Iowa game at home in 2016 … that one still kills me.

“We left a nine-win team. We were going to play Seth Green at quarterback in 2017, and he was going to keep getting better. We would’ve won eight games last season and been better this year.

“Much as they want to, don’t let ’em blame too much on me.”

http://www.startribune.com/tracy-claeys ... 498353441/
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

weimy froob wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:47 pm Tracy Claeys, winning at Washington State, thinks his Gophers would have been winners, too
Former U football coach Tracy Claeys, fired after the 2016 season, is defensive coordinator for 14th-ranked Washington State -- and is a bit sick of hearing about the 'culture' change in Gophers football.

Claeys is also happy, being associated with Leach — “He’s not all ate up with football; he talks about more different things than any coach I know” — but he is a bit sick of hearing about the “culture” change with Gophers football.

“We were 11-and-8 after I took over for Jerry and six of those losses were to teams with 10 or more wins,” Claeys said. “We didn’t lose to teams we were supposed to beat; except that Iowa game at home in 2016 … that one still kills me.

“We left a nine-win team. We were going to play Seth Green at quarterback in 2017, and he was going to keep getting better. We would’ve won eight games last season and been better this year.

Claeys could coach, but he had no idea how to put a roster together. He had no depth anywhere.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

I was already rooting for WSU because Leach is the best thing to happen to college football since Woody Hayes punched a kid.
I want to see Claeys and Leach in the Rose Bowl.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

What the hell is going on today?!? Gophers are winning? Defense is playing well?!?
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Lost a 4 star commit today. Pulled Jason Bargy's offer. He's currently in the clink for assault.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

I just dont understand this program.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Beat Bucky and all will be well. Looks like they've given up on the season. Or were just overrated.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Sounds like plenty of good seats available at the Bank
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:14 pm
weimy froob wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:47 pm Tracy Claeys, winning at Washington State, thinks his Gophers would have been winners, too

Claeys could coach, but he had no idea how to put a roster together. He had no depth anywhere.
The Gophers record would have been no better under Claeys… and people would have demanded his job by now.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:08 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:14 pm

The Gophers record would have been no better under Claeys… and people would have demanded his job by now.
agreed
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

What do you do with all these RBs next year? Do you try to redshirt Ibrahim? Is someone going to transfer out?
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I dont get this team.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Eat shit Wisconsin

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Wheres that fairy feek? I cant imagine he'd miss out on this.

#BaltimoreStrong
j2j

Post by j2j »

I'm sure there's a reason people hate PJ Fleck, but I'll never understand it.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***