Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Your thoughts on the big win today!

A place to discuss Gopher Spots
hategreenticemase

Your thoughts on the big win today!

Post by hategreenticemase »

Yes, that was tongue in cheek! :mrgreen:

Just bad football. Here are some quick thoughts - everyone else add your's.

Fleck - wtf? Calling a timeout on the 2pt conversion? Really? The check with me bullshit in 2 min offense??? Tick, tick, tick? Really? But the worst, how the effing Christ do you get a break of all time and just barely get first down at 1yd line with 34 seconds left and you spike the fucking ball? This type of shit literally drives me crazy because its so easy and we just never ever can have avg coaching with in MN in these situations. You of course need the down FAR more than you need the clock stopping. You call the play at the LOS and it just has to be a pass is all - and you get a free chance to score. Its simply not that difficult. Worse yet, on the play that didnt really happen (they called TO which was almost as hilarious as our TO on the 2pt conversion) we run the ball but do it out of the God damn shotgun on the fucking 1 foot line. I cannot fucking take it.

Morgan - can someone tell this fucker its OK to A. Look at a 2nd receiver and B. Sometimes can keep the ball on the stupid option play they insist on running? Wow, he is disappointing. As is Faalele. That one sack I was crying laughing, he looked like Phil Loadholt.

Its sick and wrong we have this qb play with these receivers. Wow, are they elite!
Hornets

Re: Your thoughts on the big win today!

Post by Hornets »

Hey, we're 3-0 and headin to Big 10 play!

SKOL!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Face The Facts

Post by Face The Facts »

Today's game was a hot mess, but they got the W.

Out of the 42 non-conference games the Big Ten plays, the Gophers currently have the #2, #6, and #15 best wins of all Big Ten non-conference games.

So that counts for something.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

The least impressive 3-0 start in the history of sports. I dare anyone to come up with a worse one. If this is who we are get ready for 2 Big Ten wins. Maybe.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Face The Facts has his face firmly planted at Phil Fleck's crotch.
That was a sickening display of arrogance and ineptitude. Tracy Claeys wipes the floor against that team.
hategreenticemase

So I was watching via dvr and blowing thru things and I fn missed that the fucker actually called a timeout on the second 2pt conversion also. Completely missed that til reading the article today ripping him for that. Amazing since that last 2pt try didn't fucking matter one iota.

It's just not that hard.
Jaamz

Post by Jaamz »

The 4th and 1 from our own 35 was another WTF moment for PJ...lol
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

How did Fleck spin this performance?
anthony

Post by anthony »

When the gopher quarterback spiked the ball to stop the clock before the game winning score shouldn't that have been ruled a backwards pass thus a live ball?
hategreenticemase

anthony wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:17 pm When the gopher quarterback spiked the ball to stop the clock before the game winning score shouldn't that have been ruled a backwards pass thus a live ball?
I didn't think so, but then again I was busy losing my fucking mind they were actually spiking the fucking ball at one yard line with 32 seconds left. Absolutely moronic.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

The Replacements wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:34 am How did Fleck spin this performance?
He's busy boasting that they have beaten 3 "championship" teams.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Didn't see any of the game, golfing instead... end of the day you're 3-0.. worrisome thing is there's a scenario this team is 0-3..... guess we'll see how the big ten play goes.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

They have a lot of things to clean up, but you don't overcome a blocked FG/TD, fumble/TD and overturned TD on review to win even against a not great opponent.

As noted already Morgan needs to look off his primary WR more often, the playcalling at times has been way too bland, and why bother with an option if you never change how it's run?

I'm praying they played vanilla on purpose but am not that hopeful. However, I don't recall this many wtf coaching moments before and imho it has been out of character for Fleck since coming to Minnesota.
Style

Post by Style »

I saw some progress from week one to week two. I didn't see much progress from week two to week three. That's concerning. For the "ball is the program" there have been a lot of turnovers.

What was the deal with Ibraham? Suspension? Injury? I missed something with him. When D2 Bryce Williams gets carries, you know things have gone off the rails.

Bland offense, bland defense. Yikes. Like someone said, I hope it's just a matter of not showing their cards against inferior teams. Lucky to be 3-0, but 3-0 is 3-0 no matter how it's sliced at the end of the season.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Style wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:24 am I saw some progress from week one to week two. I didn't see much progress from week two to week three. That's concerning. For the "ball is the program" there have been a lot of turnovers.

What was the deal with Ibraham? Suspension? Injury? I missed something with him. When D2 Bryce Williams gets carries, you know things have gone off the rails.

Bland offense, bland defense. Yikes. Like someone said, I hope it's just a matter of not showing their cards against inferior teams. Lucky to be 3-0, but 3-0 is 3-0 no matter how it's sliced at the end of the season.
Ibrahim and Kamal Martin were both "hurt" (they'd have played if this was a Big Ten game.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

I noticed that Daniel Fa’alele can’t pass protect for shit. His lateral movement is terrible.

Edit: Gopher receivers look pretty damn good. I can’t remember a time in which this was true until this year.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
Jaamz

Post by Jaamz »

Bob Wiley wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:01 pm I noticed that Daniel Fa’alele can’t pass protect for shit. His lateral movement is terrible.

Edit: Gopher receivers look pretty damn good. I can’t remember a time in which this was true until this year.
Yep..He's looked like ass so far this year....I think we can stop worrying about him leaving early for the NFL for now...lol.