Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Gopher Gameday!

A place to discuss Gopher Spots
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Re: Gopher Gameday!

Post by Ask Not »

feekdogg wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:17 am 10 Takeways:
1. Carter Coughlin. Thanks for showing up, bud. For a guy with NFL aspirations, that was a putrid performance.
2. Big Dan did not impress. I wonder if all the attention he's been getting has gone to his head.
3. Kamal Martin. I hope it was worth it.
4. Bateman. 132 yards in the first half. 0 in the second. Kirk Iaococa has some explaining to do. And don't tell me SDSU was good enough to take him out of the game.
5. Morgan. Terrible interception, but just fine after that. Every coach in the world will take a 72% completion rate all season long.
6. OL misses Jerad Weyler. The center is the glue that holds everything together.
7. Special teams were not good. At all. Kick coverage got bailed out by a (correctly called) holding penalty. Kill made special teams a strong point. Don't think Fleck values them as much.
8. He was big down the stretch, but I don't think Rodney is fully back. Ibrahim runs harder, but the line didn't do either guy any favors last night.
9. Stop trying to make that stupid bubble screen work. That's the kind of play that works against the Gophers; not for them.
10. 3-3 vs. the Dakotas in recent games, with the 3 wins all being nailbiters. STOP FUCKING SCHEDULING THEM. It's a no-win situation.
1. 2 too many takeaways. Have a little discipline.
2. What did Kamal Martin do to earn a dnp?
Ketchup can be nuancy
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

After the Wisconsin game, rumor has it some of the linebacking crew were observed on social media putting things up their nose.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

feekdogg wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:15 am After the Wisconsin game, rumor has it some of the linebacking crew were observed on social media putting things up their nose.
I have to assume we're talking about plastic straws? Kudow to Fleck on this one.
Ketchup can be nuancy
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Ask Not wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:53 pm
feekdogg wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:15 am After the Wisconsin game, rumor has it some of the linebacking crew were observed on social media putting things up their nose.
I have to assume we're talking about plastic straws? Kudow to Fleck on this one.
Dark Star used to call it "Booger Sugar".

And there's a reason a certain linebacker voluntarily skipped the bowl game last year. He might have said it was to prepare for the NFL draft, but it went a little deeper than that.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

Brookings SD is a “tough guy town!”
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Who the fuck would agree to a 9:30 pm local time start for this shit?
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

DC4MVP wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:02 pm Who the fuck would agree to a 9:30 pm local time start for this shit?
It's in California which is 7:30 there.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:11 pm
DC4MVP wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:02 pm Who the fuck would agree to a 9:30 pm local time start for this shit?
Well aware how time zones work.

Question still stands.

Dumb scheduling. Start that shit at 5:30 out there if you're getting the chance to bring in a Big 10 school to make a few bucks.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

So tempted to lay money on Fresno st. +130 right now on Bovada.

It's supposed to be close. It's going to be hotter than hell out there and this Gopher team looked awful.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

I'll tip my hat to PJ if his squad comes outta CA with a "W"....THAT's for sure!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Hornets wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:36 pm I'll tip my hat to PJ if his squad comes outta CA with a "W"....THAT's for sure!
No one cares what you think. About anything. :thumbsup:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Slap Shot wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:32 pm
Hornets wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:36 pm I'll tip my hat to PJ if his squad comes outta CA with a "W"....THAT's for sure!
No one cares what you think. About anything. :thumbsup:
WRONG! If that were true you'd stop responding to my posts.....you can't help yourself! :naners:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Herky

Post by Herky »

DC4MVP wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:13 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:11 pm
Well aware how time zones work.

Question still stands.

Dumb scheduling. Start that shit at 5:30 out there if you're getting the chance to bring in a Big 10 school to make a few bucks.
They’d never go for that. Iowa has played out in Arizona a few times and it’s always a late game.

The alternative is to play some piss team and hurt your strength of schedule. That’s the only reason Big Ten teams head west for games is to boost their SOS.