Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Coffey testing NBA future

Home for Gopher Basketball
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Re: Coffey testing NBA future

Post by Ask Not »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:41 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:35 pm He must really want to visit Europe.
This post was made by HHM, Who Is Dead To You. Do you want to open?
Ketchup can be nuancy
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Ask Not wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:49 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:41 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:35 pm He must really want to visit Europe.
This post was made by HHM, Who Is Dead To You. Do you want to open?
:fight:
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I'm hearing the exact opposite. Coffey will be returning to the U of M.

Just received a text from a very reputable source.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:15 pm I'm hearing the exact opposite. Coffey will be returning to the U of M.

Not sure anyone knows as my contact in athletic department is hearing he’s all but gone and staying in draft...guess we find out tomorrow
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Boy wouldn't it be nice if he were to come back for anotha year?!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Sid Hartman wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:50 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:15 pm I'm hearing the exact opposite. Coffey will be returning to the U of M.

Not sure anyone knows as my contact in athletic department is hearing he’s all but gone and staying in draft...guess we find out tomorrow
I'm being told it's a ploy. Coffey trying to get a verbal commitment from a NBA team before the deadline.

Not likely to happen. Will announce he is coming back for his senior season.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

From the beginning the rumors have been strong that he is leaving. Hopefully they are just rumors. Don't think this team can do too well without him.
Style

Post by Style »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:21 pm
Sid Hartman wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:50 pm

I'm being told it's a ploy. Coffey trying to get a verbal commitment from a NBA team before the deadline.

Not likely to happen. Will announce he is coming back for his senior season.
Tube, you best not be making this stuff up!
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:24 pm From the beginning the rumors have been strong that he is leaving. Hopefully they are just rumors. Don't think this team can do too well without him.
They'd be back to bubble team status though they still have two scholarships to fill and I think having an open starting spot should help their chances of landing a good player. The problem with that 13th scholarship right now if Coffey is back is a player who comes on basically has to be OK with sitting mostly. Now, I'll take that problem with Coffey back over the alternative but they should be able to land someone decent if Coffey isn't back.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
full force five

Post by full force five »

My guess is that 3 star who just visited is waiting on the Coffey decision. It's all about playing time. With Coffey back they will be a legit big-ten title team with sweet 16 plus goals.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

full force five wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:09 am My guess is that 3 star who just visited is waiting on the Coffey decision. It's all about playing time. With Coffey back they will be a legit big-ten title team with sweet 16 plus goals.
He visited Cincinnati -- and they got their guard back. And his cousin Jaevon might transfer there now too.

bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:56 am
bubu dubu. wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:24 pm From the beginning the rumors have been strong that he is leaving. Hopefully they are just rumors. Don't think this team can do too well without him.
They'd be back to bubble team status though they still have two scholarships to fill and I think having an open starting spot should help their chances of landing a good player. The problem with that 13th scholarship right now if Coffey is back is a player who comes on basically has to be OK with sitting mostly. Now, I'll take that problem with Coffey back over the alternative but they should be able to land someone decent if Coffey isn't back.
Kinda feel they already got Demir for the brace of losing Coffey.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

bubu dubu. wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:08 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:56 am
Kinda feel they already got Demir for the brace of losing Coffey.
Demir talked about playing with Coffey so I'm not sure it was sold that way. Overall, they lose the top end talent of Murphy and Coffey but hopefully the team is more balanced next year period. You don't like having to rely just on the starting five like they did towards the end of the year.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Did he film a video of him announcing his return a couple nights ago?
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:28 pm Did he film a video of him announcing his return a couple nights ago?
Are you hinting at something?
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:28 pm Did he film a video of him announcing his return a couple nights ago?
that would be pretty lame and attention seeking
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Coffey gone per his agent.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:15 pm Coffey gone per his agent.
Poop. I was wrong. My bad boy's.

I will say this... I think it was outrageous that people were picking this team to have a shot at a B10 title. I didn't see that. I saw this as being a better team than last year and with a shot to make some noise in the tourney.

I thought the talk of Coffey being Ten Player of the year was outlandish also. I think if he or his old man thought there was any chance of that, he would be back. He's essentially just signed up for the G league.

I don't think this team makes the tourney next year but they could be a bubble team.

The loss of Murphy is going to be HUGE. He's one of the greats to lace them up for the Gophers. I do Absolutely love Oturu though.

Just my observation, boys.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

That sucks.
Style

Post by Style »

WE SUCK AGAIN!
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Style wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:30 pmWE SUCK AGAIN!
As one poster on GH said "Enjoy Sioux Falls, Amir"

What a poor decision. I really don't understand it.

Let's not forget these guy's make a very good living overseas etc.. but you can always do that.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Back to bubble team status IMO. Oturu/Kalscheur/Carr/Demir is a solid core. Now let's hope they can add another decent piece with one of the two openings left.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:33 pm

Let's not forget these guy's make a very good living overseas etc.. but you can always do that.
It's a poor decision because you as a Gophers fan don't like it? I wanted him back too.. I also want the kid to do well and make some money. I hope him and Murphy both get two way deals now -- I don't see either getting drafted so that's the route. I think Coffey still has some upside. Hell, I wouldn't mind if the Wolves tried to get him on one of the two way deals.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:36 pm

It's a poor decision because you as a Gophers fan don't like it? I wanted him back too.. I also want the kid to do well and make some money. I hope him and Murphy both get two way deals now -- I don't see either getting drafted so that's the route. I think Coffey still has some upside. Hell, I wouldn't mind if the Wolves tried to get him on one of the two way deals.
No, it has nothing to do with me. Obviously these guy's dont care about that. It's a bad decision because he is not a NBA player.

He was a slightly above average Big Ten player for the 3 year's he was here imo.

I have no ill will towards him and I always say take the money butnhe has the same if not better opportunity entering next year.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:38 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:36 pm

No, it has nothing to do with me. Obviously these guy's dont care about that. It's a bad decision because he is not a NBA player.

He was a slightly above average Big Ten player for the 3 year's he was here imo.

I have no ill will towards him and I always say take the money butnhe has the same if not better opportunity entering next year.
If he's not an NBA player now, how will be next year? IMO at this point in your life, you are or you aren't. I hope he gets in, I think he will. I think Murphy and Mason will eventually make an NBA appearance too.