Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Coffey testing NBA future

Home for Gopher Basketball
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: Coffey testing NBA future

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:23 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:48 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:24 pm Greg Marshall appears to be the target right now.
I haven't seen his name anywhere.
Well it's out there.
Like someone else said.... show us bud!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:35 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:48 pm

I haven't seen his name anywhere.
Well it's out there.
https://www.nationofblue.com/arkansas-c ... -marshall/

http://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=679934.450
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:44 pm

Well it's out there.

Ahhh… you posted this in the wrong thread, I got confused.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:56 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:44 pm

Ahhh… you posted this in the wrong thread, I got confused.
My bad. He won't go there but they are talking about it. Same with Chris Beard who won't leave either imo.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Style

Post by Style »

I rescind my State of the Gophers Hoops point about keeping Pitino. If Coffey leaves, Pitino goes with him. Why delay the inevitable?

Bring in...

Matt Margenthaler.

HC @ Minnesota State. Consistent winner, good player developer, recruits the area, and is willing to be creative with JUCOs/transfers, yet doesn’t build the program on them.

If you can coach, you can coach. And he can coach.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
Swaggy Pie

Post by Swaggy Pie »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:42 pm
Style wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:32 am It must be really bad between him and Pitino. There's no way leaving school is in his best long term interests BB wise.
I thought it was weird he thanked his family, fans, and supporters, but not coaches. But that could also be me looking way too hard into things. I hope he’s back. He’s an AllBig 10 player next season.
You could also argue it's kind of a terse, mailed-in goodbye because he knows he'll probably be back. (hopefully)
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Nadine from GopherHole did a sit down interview with him. He sounded somewhat open minded to coming back. I'd still be surprised at this point. I think he's talented enough that some NBA GM will like him to pick or sign him immediately after the draft.
milquetoast

Post by milquetoast »

Style wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:45 pm I rescind my State of the Gophers Hoops point about keeping Pitino. If Coffey leaves, Pitino goes with him. Why delay the inevitable?

Bring in...

Matt Margenthaler.

HC @ Minnesota State. Consistent winner, good player developer, recruits the area, and is willing to be creative with JUCOs/transfers, yet doesn’t build the program on them.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attendance to Mavs games sucks. They are the big fish in a little pond (NSIC) - and can't win on a national scale in D2.

If you're gonna reach, why not a proven WINNER like Ben McCollum?
When fact is fiction and TV reality
Style

Post by Style »

milquetoast wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:45 pm
Style wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:45 pm I rescind my State of the Gophers Hoops point about keeping Pitino. If Coffey leaves, Pitino goes with him. Why delay the inevitable?

Bring in...

Matt Margenthaler.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attendance to Mavs games sucks. They are the big fish in a little pond (NSIC) - and can't win on a national scale in D2.

If you're gonna reach, why not a proven WINNER like Ben McCollum?
Attendance at Mavs games sucks because it's a hockey school.

Ben McCollum has a great thing going, no doubt. My concern with him, like most coaches from out of state, is what type of connection/priority would he put on the local scene?

If I could be convinced that the incoming coach would prioritize MN, I'd be open to most anyone really. That's why I'd support a local coach taking the job. A coach with connections to the MN HS scene already in place.

It's pretty pathetic the lack of visits our coaching staff made this year to the loaded Minnehaha Academy roster. It's just lazy recruiting.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Bring in...
yep, if Coffey leaves (and it sounds more and more like he will, even if he isnt projected to get drafted) the Gophers are a bad team next season, and Pitino will again be discussed as a hot seat coach. No need to wait a year for him to be in that position.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Damn, just catching up on these threads in here. Losing Coffey is devastating to this program.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

ForCaleb wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:33 pm Damn, just catching up on these threads in here. Losing Coffey is devastating to this program.
Ya and they gave Pitino a extension which makes no sense with all this going on. The buyout hasn't gone up though correct?

The extension probably doesn't mean a whole lot anyway in the grand scheme of things.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:39 pm
ForCaleb wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:33 pm Damn, just catching up on these threads in here. Losing Coffey is devastating to this program.
Ya and they gave Pitino a extension which makes no sense with all this going on. The buyout hasn't gone up though correct?

The extension probably doesn't mean a whole lot anyway in the grand scheme of things.
The contradiction of yourself in the same post is absolutely awesome. :lol: The extension was for recruiting. No school wants a lame duck coach out there trying to recruit kids. The buyout was 3 million for this season, and it declines to 2 million before April 2020. The whining about Pitino's extension is ridiculous.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:05 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:39 pm

The contradiction of yourself in the same post is absolutely awesome. :lol: The extension was for recruiting. No school wants a lame duck coach out there trying to recruit kids. The buyout was 3 million for this season, and it declines to 2 million before April 2020. The whining about Pitino's extension is ridiculous.
:lol:

I tend to do this a lot.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:39 am

Bring in...
yep, if Coffey leaves (and it sounds more and more like he will, even if he isnt projected to get drafted) the Gophers are a bad team next season, and Pitino will again be discussed as a hot seat coach. No need to wait a year for him to be in that position.
Why would he leave if he won’t be drafted? Go to Europe?
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Bob Wiley wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:11 am
bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:39 am

Bring in...
Why would he leave if he won’t be drafted? Go to Europe?
That's what it sounded like last article I read. He'll graduate, then give the pro thing a shot wherever that may be.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

The positive spin for Coffey to come back is it seems like a ton of players are testing the nba draft process. So....
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

If he gets told enough that he could go late 1, early 2, then what the hell? Tough to blame him, If he gets told he isn't getting drafted and still leaves, then something else is truly going on.
Let's get Tropical
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:50 am If he gets told enough that he could go late 1, early 2, then what the hell? Tough to blame him, If he gets told he isn't getting drafted and still leaves, then something else is truly going on.
Pitino stopped talking to Matthew Hurt in November. There is something going on, and I don't like it. At this point, I'll root for the team despite the coach clearly having some issues. See Brad Childress, Tom Thibodeau
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Yeah, I wonder if there was more going on with Washington than we know. Sure seems like he should have played a lot more than he did. A lot of little things adding up with Pitino.
Let's get Tropical
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Richard said if Amir decides by late May not to enter the 2019 NBA Draft, he will return to college basketball and guaranteed his son will play for the 2019-2020 Gophers. “So stop speculating on it,” Richard said.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:02 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:50 am If he gets told enough that he could go late 1, early 2, then what the hell? Tough to blame him, If he gets told he isn't getting drafted and still leaves, then something else is truly going on.
Pitino stopped talking to Matthew Hurt in November. There is something going on, and I don't like it. At this point, I'll root for the team despite the coach clearly having some issues. See Brad Childress, Tom Thibodeau
Thibs and Chlly both really good coaches.
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
Jaamz

Post by Jaamz »

JPM wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:12 pm
:lol:
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

JPM wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:12 pm
I think they know the game... I'm not sure they're good decision makers though on personnel.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

The Chicago Bulls are said to be interested in incoming Gophers senior Amir Coffey, who has declared early for June’s NBA draft but has until May 29 to withdraw.
https://www.twincities.com/2019/04/27/c ... -numbered/
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

So 1 player staying/leaving is the make or break point for Pitino? Did everyone forget last season and how they did in the end despite some key injuries? And you want to replace him now? wtf
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

He gone.
Let's get Tropical